• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Men's 2020-21 Basketball Schedule

New comments from Coach......https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/travis-decuire-confident-college-basketball-season-will-be-finished-though-its-eventual-length-is-hard/article_4b5df00a-5290-51dc-a8af-a6366a62e814.html

Coach DeCuire just said during BSC media day that they have contracts signed with 2 PAC-12 and 1 SEC school for non-conference this year. He also said he was waiting for a signed contract from an additional PAC-12 school.

GrizBall said:
Coach DeCuire just said during BSC media day that they have contracts signed with 2 PAC-12 and 1 SEC school for non-conference this year. He also said he was waiting for a signed contract from an additional PAC-12 school.
The SEC is Georgia which is scheduled for December 8, via a Georgia press release this morning. I think we all are expecting one of the PAC-12’s to be Arizona. The other two PAC-12’s if I had to wager a guess would be Oregon and Washington, but those are just pure speculation on my part. He said the fifth game will likely be a home game or another high major game, maybe a mountain west???

Hey my pure speculation was right. Washington in December 16. https://gohuskies.com/news/2020/11/12/mens-basketball-huskies-announce-2020-21-non-conference-schedule.aspx

Griz til I die said:
Hey my pure speculation was right. Washington in December 16. https://gohuskies.com/news/2020/11/12/mens-basketball-huskies-announce-2020-21-non-conference-schedule.aspx

Oh good. An opportunity for Pac-12 refs to screw the Griz once again at U-Dub. ;)

Griz til I die said:
GrizBall said:
The SEC is Georgia which is scheduled for December 8, via a Georgia press release this morning. I think we all are expecting one of the PAC-12’s to be Arizona. The other two PAC-12’s if I had to wager a guess would be Oregon and Washington, but those are just pure speculation on my part. He said the fifth game will likely be a home game or another high major game, maybe a mountain west???

With the limited number of pre conference games they sure aren't going for easy W's.

Looks like the Arizona game is still on.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2020/10/29/21540505/arizona-wildcats-basketball-schedule-pac-12-2020-21-coronvirus-time-tv-date

The Cats announce all home games, Men's and Women's will be played without fans. How long before the Griz and BSC follow their lead?

maroonandsilver said:
The Cats announce all home games, Men's and Women's will be played without fans. How long before the Griz and BSC follow their lead?

Could UM just allow "upper bowl" seating? Wouldn't that satisfy the 6-feet-social-distance thing from the fans? Or would it still be too breath-y in an enclosed Dahlberg?

DoubleNicks said:
maroonandsilver said:

Could UM just allow "upper bowl" seating? Wouldn't that satisfy the 6-feet-social-distance thing from the fans? Or would it still be too breath-y in an enclosed Dahlberg?

Common sense would seem to allow for limited amount of well spaced spectators that were they masked entering and leaving as well as when seated would have a very limited time and amount of prolonged exposure to possible plague carriers. In comparison to athletes competing face to face. Spectators like myself who can weigh the risks by having done research and deciding it would be a low chance of aquiring Kung Flu if reasonable measures are taken. But hey, where's the fun in that for our all knowing overlords.

And USC is the third PAC 12 team. USC and Washington are winnable games. In total, these for buy games total $255,000. Were not getting a ton of money from UW or USC, but its better then nothing. Now the question is, what do we decide to do with that 5th and final game?
https://t.co/l9A2Z7jrhC

DoubleNicks said:
maroonandsilver said:

My understanding is that they are hoping that they can have a couple hundred fans spread out in the uppers....HOPE

Finally, an official GoGriz release: https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/17/...tself-on-road-during-non-conference-play.aspx

2020-21 Montana Griz Basketball Schedule

Date Opponent Location
Saturday, Nov. 28 at USC Los Angeles, Calif.
Thursday, Dec. 3 at Southern Utah* Cedar City, Utah
Saturday, Dec. 5 at Southern Utah* Cedar City, Utah
Tuesday, Dec. 8 at Georgia Athens, Ga.
Wednesday, Dec. 15 at Washington Seattle, Wash.
Tuesday, Dec. 22 at Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
Thursday, Dec. 31 Northern Colorado* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 2 Northern Colorado* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Jan. 14 Northern Arizona* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 16 Northern Arizona* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Jan. 21 at Sacramento State* Sacramento, Calif.
Saturday, Jan. 23 at Sacramento State* Sacramento, Calif.
Thursday, Jan. 28 Montana State* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 30 Montana State* Bozeman, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 4 at Portland State* Portland, Ore.
Saturday, Feb. 6 at Portland State* Portland, Ore.
Thursday, Feb. 11 Weber State* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Feb. 13 Weber State* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 18 at Eastern Washington* Cheney, Wash.
Saturday, Feb. 20 Eastern Washington* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 25 at Idaho State* Pocatello, Idaho
Saturday, Feb. 27 at Idaho State* Pocatello, Idaho
Thursday, March 4 Idaho* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, March 6 Idaho* Missoula, Mont.
Wednesday, March 10 Big Sky Tournament [Round 1] Boise, Idaho
Thursday, March 11 Big Sky Tournament [Quarterfinals] Boise, Idaho
Friday, March 12 Big Sky Tournament [Semifinals] Boise, Idaho
Saturday, March 13 Big Sky Tournament [Finals] Boise, Idaho

He cautions fans that the current schedule won't be the final one, although even he is unsure what possible updates will look like.

So Montana is now at a point where it feels comfortable with the four it has on paper, and will continue to look to add one, two or up to three more non-conference games.

We sure seem like we got a good deal, get to split with EWU and MSU and get double home games with Weber and UNCO. The only real rough spot looks like the two on the road vs PSU

grizindabox said:
DoubleNicks said:

My understanding is that they are hoping that they can have a couple hundred fans spread out in the uppers....HOPE

Wonder what "science" they are using to come up with a couple hundred vs a thousand. You could easily scatter a thousand keeping the 6 foot spacing when they were seated and masked.

Hoops watcher said:
grizindabox said:

Wonder what "science" they are using to come up with a couple hundred vs a thousand. You could easily scatter a thousand keeping the 6 foot spacing when they were seated and masked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Science”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back