• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU New Indoor Practice Facility

Griz RTD

Kinda new to eGriz and apologize if this has already been discussed. I seem to remember hearing last fall that indoor facilities are being planned for both the Griz and Cat football programs. Would love to see this happen, but not sure if it ever will. Also kinda curious where there would be room to build this. Possibly where the existing practice field is just outside Washington Grizzly stadium?

https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1387850413756620804?s=21

Griz RTD said:
Kinda new to eGriz and apologize if this has already been discussed. I seem to remember hearing last fall that indoor facilities are being planned for both the Griz and Cat football programs. Would love to see this happen, but not sure if it ever will. Also kinda curious where there would be room to build this. Possibly where the existing practice field is just outside Washington Grizzly stadium?

https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1387850413756620804?s=21
Swap the EZ and field paint and get it sponsored by Golden Corral. It'd still look better than Boise or Chenney.

Looks like an average indoor facility to me, but to be honest that's all you really need in this day and era to recruit at a high level. Not really sure why they think they need one any way when they already have an indoor stadium but more power to them. We got to get these basketball and olympic sports locker rooms done so we can start fundraising for the indoor practice facility. Anybody got an update on any of that?

I like the self-buttering doors for the fan entrance. Incredibly practical for the Dakota 4.

Question: if you have a city owned facility on campus that is an indoor facility (Areola Center) why would you need this? This would be like funding a building next to Dahlberg Arena for the Griz basketball team to practice in.

Can’t they hold the North Dakota RV & Boat shows somewhere else?

Ursa Major said:
I like the self-buttering doors for the fan entrance. Incredibly practical for the Dakota 4.

Question: if you have a city owned facility on campus that is an indoor facility (Areola Center) why would you need this? This would be like funding a building next to Dahlberg Arena for the Griz basketball team to practice in.

I was going to ask the same thing. Who designed this? The department of redundancy department...for ants?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Who designed this? The department of redundancy department...for ants?

images

The plans for the Griz indoor facility are much more robust than NDSU’s football only steel barn. The ideal place is the open field just to the north of the adams center parking lot. Haven’t heard anything on progress on this for a couple of years now.

Figured I would not start a new NDSU thread, but in case you missed it: Trey Lance's decision to opt out of the "spring" season paid off with a #3 pick in the NFL draft. Big $$$$.

go96griz said:
The plans for the Griz indoor facility are much more robust than NDSU’s football only steel barn. The ideal place is the open field just to the north of the adams center parking lot. Haven’t heard anything on progress on this for a couple of years now.
That is all you need, but last I heard the UM plan was about $24MM with lots of bells and whistles. Keep it simple and they could do it earlier.

kemajic said:
go96griz said:
That is all you need, but last I heard the UM plan was about $24MM with lots of bells and whistles. Keep it simple and they could do it earlier.
We need George to come back and give us an update. If I remember correctly, they want to put a full size regulation track in there to host indoor track & field meets, and I think they wanted a new training/rehabilitation center if I’m not mistaken. I realize all this will prolong the process, but it will be top notch. Last I heard they wanted to build behind the east side of the stadium where campus security is. I mainly just wanna know if they’ve started fundraising it yet. Anybody know?

Speculation aside, this would be a game changer with regards to recruiting. Having an indoor facility to practice in and Washington Grizzly Stadium to play games in - well, that changes everything. I hope fundraising is underway as it would be good for track and field too, as currently the Griz have a zero indoor track program. This is where the pussy scats kick our ass! Frankly, I am sick of that! I hope this plan is a priority as I keep hearing it’s in the University of Montana’s plan. Then make this happen already! In my opinion, and it’s not worth anything, this is the anchor that keeps pulling on the Griz football!

I know Bobby was adamant when he came in that practicing on turf all the time led to more injuries.
I don’t think he will want to lose those outside fields completely, but could see having an indoor and outdoor facility right next to each other. I think recruiting would be the biggest advantage to a such a facility(given the arms race in college fb). However, given the prevalence of wildfires and august heat affecting past years practices, I see an indoor facility being more advantageous that time of year during fall camp than January (unless we are consistently are playing in championships again 😉).

FYI - The Alerus Center is the city owned indoor football facility where the University of North Dakota plays. UND already has a 30M indoor practice facility for football and track that they built a few years ago.

That's IT!!! Missoula City and County can fund the new indoor football practice facility. Why didn't I think of this before? :roll:

Back