• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Holsinger/Haslam Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PIckens was the Gatorade Player of the Year and led a AA state champion team. She is clearly D-I quality.

Is your sense for basketball stunted by your having to watch your son sit on the bench of a non-
D-I school for so long?

Others who claim to have watched Momberg don't know what they're talking about. Her prior coaches know a lot more. If the criteria for hoops expertise is to have had a daughter play basketball, then I qualify. Had a captain and mvp at CMR. I say Momberg is D-I quality. I guess that decides the question.

My son scored 35 or so in the post season MT High School all division all star tourney championship game in Billings. It sounds pretty similar to Momberg's big game against the Helena High team with the amazing future NAIA center Pickens. He probably faced stiffer competition in that game. It was also a postseason summer game. He was a good player and got real hot that night!

He was not D1 material then and ended up not being much of a factor at an NAIA school as well. He could (and can) shoot it but some leg issues and overall athleticism "got" him at the college level. Not to mention a couple younger teammates at his position that became NAIA All Americans. Stuck it out 4 years. Got his degree moved into the real world where he is making a life for himself. Coach liked and kept him and he was an integral teammate who practiced and studied hard. Graduated in 4 years. Played on teams that went to 3 national tournaments and won games there. Teammates and coach always credited he and a couple other "bench warmers" for their attitudes and basketball skills that made a national caliber team "better" every day in practice. I'm very proud if him as I'm sure you are of your own kids.

My sense for basketball is fine. Your digs at my kid over the years aren't!

My son scored 35 or so in the post season MT High School all division all star tourney championship game in Billings. It sounds pretty similar to Momberg's big game against the Helena High team with the amazing future NAIA center Pickens. He probably faced stiffer competition in that game. It was also a postseason summer game. He was a good player and got real hot that night!

He was not D1 material then and ended up not being much of a factor at an NAIA school as well. He could (and can) shoot it but some leg issues and overall athleticism "got" him at the college level. Not to mention a couple younger teammates at his position that became NAIA All Americans. Stuck it out 4 years. Got his degree moved into the real world where he is making a life for himself. Coach liked and kept him and he was an integral teammate who practiced and studied hard. Graduated in 4 years. Played on teams that went to 3 national tournaments and won games there. Teammates and coach always credited he and a couple other "bench warmers" for their attitudes and basketball skills that made a national caliber team "better" every day in practice. I'm very proud if him as I'm sure you are of your own kids.

[/quote]

It's not similar at all. Momberg's game came after her sophomore year when she was playing for a lesser team, her Class C team. She was offered a scholarship by UM immediately.

My dig was at you, not your son. I like what your son did. That's what sport is and should be about. I had 5 kids play high school sports, and 3 play college, with various degrees of success. They all loved the sports, tho.

Your weekly (and recently more frequently) digs at me aren't appreciated either. While I don't really care, I'm generally going to respond. One possibility for you to consider is not doing your dig/type thing. I doubt that many people on the board appreciate it.

Note that you are the one who originally posted the info about your son in egriz.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

It's not similar at all. Momberg's game came after her sophomore year when she was playing for a lesser team, her Class C team. She was offered a scholarship by UM immediately.

My dig was at you, not your son. I like what your son did. That's what sport is and should be about. I had 5 kids play high school sports, and 3 play college, with various degrees of success. They all loved the sports, tho.

Your weekly (and recently more frequently) digs at me aren't appreciated either. While I don't really care, I'm generally going to respond. One possibility for you to consider is not doing your dig/type thing. I doubt that many people on the board appreciate it.

Note that you are the one who originally posted the info about your son in egriz.
[/quote]

Could you possibly ever take your own advice?

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

[/quote]

I rarely start it, but sometimes respond. You have sometimes started it with me. Look at the posts coming at me recently. I didn't start hardly any of that. See how many of GotGame and Mouse's are posts directed only at me. Almost no substance from them. You need to stop being blind and point your finger in the right direction. Feel free to point out all of the posters who didn't jump ,e first.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

I rarely start it, but sometimes respond. You have sometimes started it with me. Look at the posts coming at me recently. I didn't start hardly any of that. See how many of GotGame and Mouse's are posts directed only at me. Almost no substance from them. You need to stop being blind and point your finger in the right direction. Feel free to point out all of the posters who didn't jump ,e first.
[/quote]

So your digs are justified because "he started it!"? My wife owned a daycare, so I am very familiar with that response!

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

So your digs are justified because "he started it!"? My wife owned a daycare, so I am very familiar with that response!
[/quote]

Maybe you have let people try to push you around in life, but I haven't.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

[/quote]

I'm not trying to push you around. I'm trying to help you continue your fulfilling and enriched life. Your 29,000th post is well within reach....then 30,000,.....then 50,000. I can see your headstone......An etching of the back end of a horse and inscription....."He posted 100,000 times to EGriz!"

EverettGriz said:
My major takeaway here is that truly NO one gives a fck if PR stops going to LG games.

:lol: I used to turn it down a few notches in the basketball thread thinking it was more refined and civilized. I’m reconsidering that now.

EverettGriz said:
My major takeaway here is that truly NO one gives a fck if PR stops going to LG games.

That and the inability to properly use the quote function here by many is frightening.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm not trying to push you around. I'm trying to help you continue your fulfilling and enriched life. Your 29,000th post is well within reach....then 30,000,.....then 50,000. I can see your headstone......An etching of the back end of a horse and inscription....."He posted 100,000 times to EGriz!"
[/quote]

With my earlier posting names and the unofficial Griz message board, I am way over that. But thanks for reading all my posts and looking for typos. Much appreciated.

HookedonGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

That and the inability to properly use the quote function here by many is frightening.

Particularly those approaching 35,000 posts. Just learnin, I guess....

Another takeaway is that Haslam told Holsinger that he needed to turn the ship around quickly or he’d fire his ass, and Holsinger is taking drastic action to avoid that fate.

AllWeatherFan said:
Another takeaway is that Haslam told Holsinger that he needed to turn the ship around quickly or he’d fire his ass, and Holsinger is taking drastic action to avoid that fate.

The new coach can't be fired for 4 years. See his 4-yr contract.

Word is started to trickle in. Someone who knew him from Tech was not impressed with him. Source is a very credible basketball person. Another person said a top AAU coach says the new coach is a bad hire. I don't know the coach, or much of anything about him, so those aren't my views. My wife says that the Shannon Facebook group has been active. I don't do Facebook, so I don't know what that group thinks or is saying. While I assume the new coach has lots of support, and I have nothing against him except his quick and drastic cuts, his support is certainly not unanimous support.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Word is started to trickle in. Someone who knew him from Tech was not impressed with him. Source is a very credible basketball person. Another person said a top AAU coach says the new coach is a bad hire. I don't know the coach, or much of anything about him, so those aren't my views. My wife says that the Shannon Facebook group has been active. I don't do Facebook, so I don't know what that group thinks or is saying. While I assume the new coach has lots of support, and I have nothing against him except his quick and drastic cuts, his support is certainly not unanimous support.

Show me any coach, in any sport, that has unanimous support!

Just finished a visit with my mom. She is 90 and has been a Lady Griz season ticket holder since game one. A loyal fan that has probably seen more LG games than anyone on this board. She played the game in high school in Montana. No women’s college basketball at that time.

When the subject of basketball came up she said the new coach got rid of a lot of dead wood. Her exact words, not mine. I suggested that some people felt he went too far. She said she has spoken to a number of LG fans and they agree with her.

Just listened to, and enjoyed, this interview of coach Brian Holsinger by Riley Corcoran on his Inside the Den podcast today. Not a lot of new territory covered, but a good opportunity to get to know the coach a bit better and see how he's putting things together.

[media]https://twitter.com/VoiceoftheGriz/status/1390365846950744064[/media]

GRIZ PHAN said:
Just finished a visit with my mom. She is 90 and has been a Lady Griz season ticket holder since game one. A loyal fan that has probably seen more LG games than anyone on this board. She played the game in high school in Montana. No women’s college basketball at that time.

When the subject of basketball came up she said the new coach got rid of a lot of dead wood. Her exact words, not mine. I suggested that some people felt he went too far. She said she has spoken to a number of LG fans and they agree with her.

Cool , Great and longtime fan. Do you think she could name any of the dead wood players?

I talked recently to a LG parent. The parent was horrified by the cuts. The parent was going to check around, including calling Shannon.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

The Shannon Facebook group is about 4-5 people who regurgitate each other’s posts and pat each other on the back. I don’t think they are a representative sample of lady griz fandom. They certainly aren’t going to support any coach who isn’t Shannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back