• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ESPN for Football

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Call your Senator and ask them to support the infrastructure bill.

Nope. Only part of bill that actually covers infrastructure. Not child care and green new deal part.

Also, MT and Gianforte have already allocated a huge amount of Covid relief money to expanded broadband in MT. Maybe a few 100 million.

Wow!! A bill with extras in it??? I've never heard of THAT before.... :?

So cut the fat and get the bill passed. The vast majority of it is desperately needed. And if you don't want the bill, don't bitch about poor internet. My only point.

Griz til I die said:
PlayerRep said:
You required to have 10,000 posts before making suggestions like that.
Yes my bad! Can somebody with 10,000 posts please step in in my place? :lol:

Let's discuss football. BSC/ESPN deal got mentioned on a NYC-based gambling picks show I watch on youtube. Seems like the Pluto hatred extends quite far.

[media]https://youtu.be/bRF_bgLCpWc?t=866[/media]

I would imagine if it's on ESPN the bball tourney final game time will be set by ESPN. Will they have to change the whole schedule of the tourney as a result?

This is a big deal. PlutoTV was a fucking joke. They had more issues than one could even keep track of. They had outdated network systems and infrastructure that failed more times than not in trying to stream a local schools game. Also they didn’t have a dedicated team trying to fix the issues when they occurred.

Those issues will change with ESPN. First and foremost, part of the agreement is helping to update some of the infrastructure and equipment and all of the host schools. On top of that, they know how to do this and they know how to do this well. And they’ll have people and resources available to try to fix problems.

I am absolutely thrilled that I don’t have to watch a game on Pluto TV ever again.

PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:
Biden is trying to fix that. He is being opposed by your own senator.

Not true. Daines supports the broadband portion of infrastructure. Just not things like child care and green new deal, which are not infrastructure.

Lol the green new deal not being infrastructure.....its fascinating how often you show your bare ass on this forum Playa.

My bad for thinking this was a thread talking about the ESPN deal. I think the OP really needs to make the thread title more accurate, like “Politics Ruins Everything” or something catchy like that.

So to clarify:
1)each BS school gets two games produced by ESPN, I’m assuming with overlap
2)Root Sports will still get their one game a week
3)SWX will pick up the slack on all other Griz games
4)GoGriz still shows everything except FBS games
5)Pluto is now dead to me.

Hoops watcher said:
I would imagine if it's on ESPN the bball tourney final game time will be set by ESPN. Will they have to change the whole schedule of the tourney as a result?

This is a critical question! As a Tournament attendee I need to know the tip off time. Too early a start you risk too low of a BAC, too late and you risk too high of a BAC. Basketball, as well as life, is all about balance.

GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
Pretty much a big wup for MT folks not blessed with streaming-capable ISP.

Biden is trying to fix that. He is being opposed by your own senator.
My Senator and my Governor strongly support the ablout 9% of the proposed bill that is actually infrastructure. Things like roads, bridges, and yes ISP. Printing money for payouts to buy votes or green bad deal, not so much. Have you detected the start of a bit of inflation yet?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Good question, please keep them coming.

I fear the move to ESPN will end a long eGriz tradition of frantic gameday posters asking the board which channel they can tune their television or toaster to so they can watch the game.

Be careful what you wish for.

Never fear. There will be plenty who will complain about paying $6/mo. ($0.20/day) to watch something that was "free for 30 got-damned years."
Or, we'll get stuff like:
"I don't have a TV and the internet is a hoax. How am I supposed to watch the game in my living room? This is bullshit."

I appreciate the realty check, CDA!

My personal favorites are:

Is it on channel 4? Without the poster identifying where they live or who their cable provider is or if they are using an antenna.

I can’t find the online feed from Roots.

I can’t even listen to the game here in Billings because it’s not on the radio.

Ursa Major said:
Hoops watcher said:

This is a critical question! As a Tournament attendee I need to know the tip off time. Too early a start you risk too low of a BAC, too late and you risk too high of a BAC. Basketball, as well as life, is all about balance.

Or we could be like the WCC and have the tournament a week earlier. Pretty sure the Saturday night Big Sky slot prior to selection Sunday is taken up by I believe the ACC final. Or the Big 12. I get that you don't care, but quite a few people do. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Never fear. There will be plenty who will complain about paying $6/mo. ($0.20/day) to watch something that was "free for 30 got-damned years."
"I don't have a TV and the internet is a hoax. How am I supposed to watch the game in my living room? This is bullshit."

Is it on channel 4? Without the poster identifying where they live or who their cable provider is or if they are using an antenna.

This is a great idea, and could steer the thread back to tolerability. I’ll add:

-I can watch Auburn @ Alabama, but i can’t find Idaho State @ UM on 2, 4, or 6 in Italy. Figure it out, Haslam!

-What channel in Malta?

-I’m not paying $6! What’s the best way to change the game venue to my backyard in Miles City?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

This is a great idea, and could steer the thread back to tolerability. I’ll add:

-I can watch Auburn @ Alabama, but i can’t find Idaho State @ UM on 2, 4, or 6 in Italy. Figure it out, Haslam!

-What channel in Malta?

-I’m not paying $6! What’s the best way to change the game venue to my backyard in Miles City?

Were you from Miles City or was that a joke?

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:

-What channel in Malta?

Were you from Miles City or was that a joke?

Not at all to both. I gotta tell you about this horse that walked into a bar, though.

Hoops watcher said:
Ursa Major said:

Or we could be like the WCC and have the tournament a week earlier. Pretty sure the Saturday night Big Sky slot prior to selection Sunday is taken up by I believe the ACC final. Or the Big 12. I get that you don't care, but quite a few people do. :thumb:

I go to the tournament, I do care. If I’m not mistaken, the BSC Championship game has been aired for the past few years on ESPNU. I’m not sure how this agreement would change that. ESPN + will cover all tournament games except the championship.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

-What channel in Malta?

:lol: :lol: :lol: How could I have forgotten the damning of Haslam?

Ursa Major said:
Hoops watcher said:

Speaking as a co-attendee, I recall we had few concerns regarding the former.

Actually, we had few concerns about the latter as well, but since my online activity is regularly monitored here at the Shick, I'm not at liberty to say more.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Speaking as a co-attendee, I recall we had few concerns regarding the former.

Actually, we had few concerns about the latter as well, but since my online activity is regularly monitored here at the Shick, I'm not at liberty to say more.

And thank god for the beer sold in Century Link Rink :thumb: 2020 would have been the perfect tournament except for that one feathery friend.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Good question, please keep them coming.

I fear the move to ESPN will end a long eGriz tradition of frantic gameday posters asking the board which channel they can tune their television or toaster to so they can watch the game.

Be careful what you wish for.

Spot on guys!

Wait a minute, I AM that guy.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Not true. Daines supports the broadband portion of infrastructure. Just not things like child care and green new deal, which are not infrastructure.

Lol the green new deal not being infrastructure.....its fascinating how often you show your bare ass on this forum Playa.

Badlands—Good to see you back on the board. :thumb:

Back