• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Holsinger/Haslam Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
teejay406 said:
PlayerRep said:
The new coach can't be fired for 4 years. See his 4-yr contract.

Word is started to trickle in. Someone who knew him from Tech was not impressed with him. Source is a very credible basketball person. Another person said a top AAU coach says the new coach is a bad hire. I don't know the coach, or much of anything about him, so those aren't my views. My wife says that the Shannon Facebook group has been active. I don't do Facebook, so I don't know what that group thinks or is saying. While I assume the new coach has lots of support, and I have nothing against him except his quick and drastic cuts, his support is certainly not unanimous support.

The Shannon Facebook group is about 4-5 people who regurgitate each other’s posts and pat each other on the back. I don’t think they are a representative sample of lady griz fandom. They certainly aren’t going to support any coach who isn’t Shannon.

Thx. Of course, the viewership is larger, and there are some former LG involved.

GRIZ PHAN said:
Just finished a visit with my mom. She is 90 and has been a Lady Griz season ticket holder since game one. A loyal fan that has probably seen more LG games than anyone on this board. She played the game in high school in Montana. No women’s college basketball at that time.

When the subject of basketball came up she said the new coach got rid of a lot of dead wood. Her exact words, not mine. I suggested that some people felt he went too far. She said she has spoken to a number of LG fans and they agree with her.

Dead wood.....interesting term......could apply to one prominent LG fan now claiming they've gotten rid of him too. I hear that fan's wife already refers to him as "dead wood"!

PlayerRep said:
teejay406 said:
The Shannon Facebook group is about 4-5 people who regurgitate each other’s posts and pat each other on the back. I don’t think they are a representative sample of lady griz fandom. They certainly aren’t going to support any coach who isn’t Shannon.

Thx. Of course, the viewership is larger, and there are some former LG involved.

Only one LG is vocal on it. She was a teammate. I know several former LG and their silence on the issue says way more than the one. 4 post on it from May 1 until now and in April there was a single post. It's a dead site. Compared that to egriz at any given time. This subject is quickly becoming an afterthought to former LG players. The majority have moved on because there is no more Robin or Shannon days. The former LG players are going to be a part of what is coming in the future. Brian has invited them to the table.

ThinkingGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Only one LG is vocal on it. She was a teammate. I know several former LG and their silence on the issue says way more than the one. 4 post on it from May 1 until now and in April there was a single post. It's a dead site. Compared that to egriz at any given time. This subject is quickly becoming an afterthought to former LG players. The majority have moved on because there is no more Robin or Shannon days. The former LG players are going to be a part of what is coming in the future. Brian has invited them to the table.

But I doubt that the bulk of them will come to the table, based on what I have been told and heard. I am sure many will. Krista obviously has many friends too.

Heard that one of the cut players asked to walk on, and the new coach said no.What an asshole.

I told my son, a big sport fans and former college athlete, what the new LG coach had done. He said that even Nick Saban wouldn't do that.

PlayerRep said:
Heard that one of the cut players asked to walk on, and the new coach said no.What an asshole.

I told my son, a big sport fans and former college athlete, what the new LG coach had done. He said that even Nick Saban wouldn't do that.

Surprised Wayne let Joslyn take a job under "an asshole". He would have had to know all about Holsinger and his reputation at Oregon State. PR had Holsinger figured out after just one or two days of reading about him on the internet. Why did PR not share his superior inside knowledge with Joslyn and Wayne?

Washgrizfan1 said:
Playerrep has been largest financial supporter of the dance team and before that the cheer squad for 10 years or so. Also, when the dance team had to start paying their way to the conference basketball tournament several years ago, he helped them raise a majority of the necessary funds, many thousands of dollars, by introducing them to friends of his whom he knew would contribute a few hundred or even a thousand in some cases. Over the years, you may have noticed the dance team talking to him after games inf front of his seats (thanking him for his help).

Hey, I offered my services to drive them anywhere, anytime.

I think Player Rep is hiding his critical and unwarranted comments about the new coach now that Joslyn Tinkle was hired. No new blasts at Holsinger lately PR? You said you were going to dog him mercilessly. Dont want Wayne to know you've told the whole world a guy he likes who just hired his daughter is an "asshole"? Come on......you're never going to hit 30,000 posts laying low like this!

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I found this funny. I have seen no truth in a single post of yours in this entire thread. Just conjecture that pretty much every single other poster has disagreed with you on. You’re assuming that the cut girls are D1 material. Besides UM offering them, what other D1 schools offered and where are the current D1 schools offering these girls now that they’re free to go wherever they want?

In the various threads, I was right on number of cuts. Said team was unaware of cuts as of Thursday a week ago. Was first to say they done by zoom. First to say Campbell was offered first by Haslam. Some verification of that. Provided some info on quality of some me frosh, which was previously told to me by Petrino. Provided info on frosh from other LG. Said Petrino would help place them, The Schweyen girls were D-I and showed it. Injuries hampered them. By definition, all players on the team have been D-I. Pointed the large cuts in first week were unprecedented as far as I know.

I have commented on potential impacts on the LG. I have communicated directly and indirectly with people on the committee including Redpath, emailed Bodnar, talked to Petrino several times, talked to Duce, communicated with one or more parents directly or indirectly, talked to various former LG, talked to other big LG fans, talked to a major UM athletic donor, communicated with some former UM administrators including a former AD, etc. Gave you a minor geography lesson.

What info have you provided? Who have you talked to?

And I'm sure all of them just LOVED having your interaction in this matter. Your contribution can not be underestimated.

hunt-ducks said:
PlayerRep said:
In the various threads, I was right on number of cuts. Said team was unaware of cuts as of Thursday a week ago. Was first to say they done by zoom. First to say Campbell was offered first by Haslam. Some verification of that. Provided some info on quality of some me frosh, which was previously told to me by Petrino. Provided info on frosh from other LG. Said Petrino would help place them, The Schweyen girls were D-I and showed it. Injuries hampered them. By definition, all players on the team have been D-I. Pointed the large cuts in first week were unprecedented as far as I know.

I have commented on potential impacts on the LG. I have communicated directly and indirectly with people on the committee including Redpath, emailed Bodnar, talked to Petrino several times, talked to Duce, communicated with one or more parents directly or indirectly, talked to various former LG, talked to other big LG fans, talked to a major UM athletic donor, communicated with some former UM administrators including a former AD, etc. Gave you a minor geography lesson.

And I'm sure all of them just LOVED having your interaction in this matter. Your contribution can not be underestimated.

Is this a good choice, Stevie?

hunt-ducks said:
Ursa Major said:
Is this a good choice, Stevie?

Great choice, pussy

You see Steve, we can all see how this is going to follow the same well trenched path that it always does.

You get on the board with a new identity and post about sports -> next you start getting a little provocative with posters -> you pick a fight with PR, have a meltdown and end getting humiliated and then once again band.

This will happen again, you’re the only one who can’t see it coming.

Ursa Major said:
hunt-ducks said:
Great choice, pussy

You see Steve, we can all see how this is going to follow the same well trenched path that it always does.

You get on the board with a new identity and post about sports -> next you start getting a little provocative with posters -> you pick a fight with PR, have a meltdown and end getting humiliated and then once again band.

This will happen again, you’re the only one who can’t see it coming.

Look dude. You and your buddy started in on me from the very day you found out who I was. Stop trying to put this B.S. on me. You intigate, and I simply defend myself. I am a counter-puncher, just like Trump. I talk more football in a month than you two do in a year. Your thousands of post are 90% crap, and 10% football. You shtick gets old, and many fellow posters have stated that to me in PMs. I didn't now PR ran the board. So, he can whine enough to get me banned? Gee, besides counseling all of the coaches, he has ultimate power on egriz too? You know what, I think Payton has had enough of banning posters just because someone can't deal with them. I know this, I offer lots of good football threads to this board. That's the purpose of the board, right?

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I found this funny. I have seen no truth in a single post of yours in this entire thread. Just conjecture that pretty much every single other poster has disagreed with you on. You’re assuming that the cut girls are D1 material. Besides UM offering them, what other D1 schools offered and where are the current D1 schools offering these girls now that they’re free to go wherever they want?

Bump....what's the latest PR? Have you been talking to Redpath, O'Day, Duce, Bodnar, Petrino, some parents, your wife's sister's ex-husband who used to coach junior high basketball and the Schweyen girls? Where are they going to be playing play hoops this year? Are the donors still holding back? Is the new coach still an outlier who can't recruit, has no ties to Missoula and a coaching staff who doesn't either?

I talked to a couple basketball type folks with ties to Missoula (Wayne and Jos Tinkle) at the football game Saturday. Both pretty excited to be in Missoula. Wayne is getting inducted into the UM Hall of Fame this year and Jos seems to be helping with some decent recruiting for the LG program.

Haven't heard much about the "Massacre" the past couple months!

PlayerRep said:
gregko22 said:
I am going to say it........Joelele Momberg would have never been a starter for the Lady Griz and at best, would have been towards the end of the bench as she approached her senior year so I support the new coaches decision to move on. And to answer your question, I have seen her play as my daughter has played against her. The bottom line is that the Lady Griz need to get top talent in Montana and not settle for the "top tier" talent as we have over the last five seasons. If you look at the roster the past five years or so, we have not been able to secure the best Montana players in the state.

I disagree with you in Momberg’s being at end of bench her senior year. Several of her coaches in the last couple years disagree with you two. Her name is Joelnell not Joelele.

Did you see her hit 10 three pointers against Pickens-led Helena at Griz team after Helena had won the state championship? When Momberg has just finished her sophomore year. You know the Griz offered her at that team camp, and she accepted the next week.

One more thing? Do you know anything about basketball?

wmtladieshoopsfan...........How many 3 pointers did she hit against Pickens-led Carroll last weekend?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I disagree with you in Momberg’s being at end of bench her senior year. Several of her coaches in the last couple years disagree with you two. Her name is Joelnell not Joelele.

Did you see her hit 10 three pointers against Pickens-led Helena at Griz team after Helena had won the state championship? When Momberg has just finished her sophomore year. You know the Griz offered her at that team camp, and she accepted the next week.

One more thing? Do you know anything about basketball?

wmtladieshoopsfan...........How many 3 pointers did she hit against Pickens-led Carroll last weekend?

Wild guess, zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back