• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

Griz til I die said:
CopperGold14 said:
I'm glad you guys kept Katz around, I know the administration was trying to run him off right back before Covid hit. I think it would've set the program back. These smaller D1 programs need continuity, and firing the coach isn't usually the answer unless something is severely wrong. The fact that Katz hangs onto his players and develops them speaks volumes.
Honestly I think the only thing holding Sac State back at this point is their gym. No disrespect to sacstatesman but no kid who is D1 caliber is going to wanna play in that gym,,,, Katz is a great coach, I think Sacramento IMO is an attractive place to live and go to school, lot's to do in the area, but they desperately need a new gym. I know at some point there was a rumor floating that they were going to build a new basketball arena but IDK whatever became of that, but it's a must at this point.
[/quote Yesterday's Supreme Court ruling might just force that issue, on way or the other, and not just on Sac State.

GrizLA said:
Griz til I die said:
Honestly I think the only thing holding Sac State back at this point is their gym. No disrespect to sacstatesman but no kid who is D1 caliber is going to wanna play in that gym,,,, Katz is a great coach, I think Sacramento IMO is an attractive place to live and go to school, lot's to do in the area, but they desperately need a new gym. I know at some point there was a rumor floating that they were going to build a new basketball arena but IDK whatever became of that, but it's a must at this point.
[/quote Yesterday's Supreme Court ruling might just force that issue, on way or the other, and not just on Sac State.
What would the supreme courts ruling yesterday have to do with getting a new gym? I thought it only had to do with academic related issues.

Griz til I die said:
CopperGold14 said:
I'm glad you guys kept Katz around, I know the administration was trying to run him off right back before Covid hit. I think it would've set the program back. These smaller D1 programs need continuity, and firing the coach isn't usually the answer unless something is severely wrong. The fact that Katz hangs onto his players and develops them speaks volumes.

Our building is definitely a black mark when recruiting but it actually is a pretty good asset when playing a game in it....I know, I know...800 fans...but if you get 800 fans in a place that only seats 1000, it can get real uncomfortable for the opposition....We do get D1 kids though, Ethan Esposito last year, Josh Patton, Izayah Mauriohooho-Leafa the year before and Marcus Graves, Justin Strings, Cody Demps, Eric Stuteville, Mihk McKinney (all playing professionally around the world and G League) and many others....If we had a building like say, SUU, the list would be much longer....Katz has resigned himself to recruiting to "The Nest" for the remainder of his days in Sacramento, so he doesn't stress a bit about it....

CopperGold14 said:
wyomingriz said:
You obviously struggle with cognitive issues unless your belly is full of a pot brownie

Not a big surprise that you can't string together any kind of coherent thoughts -- a 2016 survey by the CDC had Wyoming as the state with the lowest average IQ,. N. Dakota and Mississippi were 48 and 49.

Coming from someone graduated at bottom of class in Deer Lodge and was cut from junior high hoops team who is fifty and living in moms basement

wyomingriz said:
CopperGold14 said:
Not a big surprise that you can't string together any kind of coherent thoughts -- a 2016 survey by the CDC had Wyoming as the state with the lowest average IQ,. N. Dakota and Mississippi were 48 and 49.

Coming from someone graduated at bottom of class in Deer Lodge and was cut from junior high hoops team who is fifty and living in moms basement

Gentlemen, perhaps you could take these exchanges elsewhere. :thumb:

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

Quite a statement from the class valedictorian.

In his defense he says the CDC told him to hide in basement :lol:

CopperGold14 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
An encore.

With Wyomin Griz, there's always an encore. Almost all of his posts are about starting an argument or keeping one going. My two cents...

Careful about spending your last 2 cents, :cry: You are as sensitive as Helenabasketcase.... Pretty sure you are same poster :?:

wyomingriz said:
CopperGold14 said:
With Wyomin Griz, there's always an encore. Almost all of his posts are about starting an argument or keeping one going. My two cents...

Careful about spending your last 2 cents, :cry: You are as sensitive as Helenabasketcase.... Pretty sure you are same poster :?:

:shock: :lol: :cool:

Aiken back on the market. We have a scholarship to give.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1420770339370438658?s=21

fanofzoo said:
GrizBall said:
Aiken back on the market. We have a scholarship to give.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1420770339370438658?s=21

Great player but no no no no no

Just curious, is there a background story? On the surface he seems like a dream player for Travis.

GrizBall said:
fanofzoo said:
Great player but no no no no no

Just curious, is there a background story? On the surface he seems like a dream player for Travis.

Let me take my statements back., thought he was on his 3 rd team but just transferred from ewooo to wash st. and never enrolled so he could be ours.

fanofzoo said:
GrizBall said:

Let me take my statements back., thought he was on his 3 rd team but just transferred from ewooo to wash st. and never enrolled so he could be ours.

Well he did commit to Arizona prior to committing to Wazzu. Wonder if he falls back to EWU.

HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:

Well he did commit to Arizona prior to committing to Wazzu. Wonder if he falls back to EWU.

If I am not mistaken, I believe he committed to Arizona when Sean Miller was the coach and then de-committed when Miller was fired.

I would think the chances are higher that he goes to Portland with the rest of EWU crew than returning back to EWU.

GrizBall said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

If I am not mistaken, I believe he committed to Arizona when Sean Miller was the coach and then de-committed when Miller was fired.

I would think the chances are higher that he goes to Portland with the rest of EWU crew than returning back to EWU.

I don't think UofP has any scholarships left to give (I count 14)

Back