• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky coaches predict 2021 national champion

horribilisfan8184 said:
Jesse said:
Good article. And the bison are the favorite again for the chipper and Weber, ewu and Griz are favored for the bsc. I was surprised by the answers regarding vaccines though. It seems to me if you want to play or coach this season you have to commit to being vaccinated or not play. They make it sound like a personal choice which it isn’t when you want to be a member of a team. If a key starter misses games because of it then he has let his fellas down in their common goal to win. I’m surprised by the resistance to the vaccine. I liked the coach who said if an assistant misses a game because of it then he’s fired. I think the sports market place will ultimately dictate because there is so much money at stake and guys will get vaccinated when they realize how they will be left out financially. Gotta love market capitalism.

You regularly speak from a position of naivety.

This isn't the days of liver killers Ruth, Mantle, Stabler and Layne.

Typically, the closer one gets to world class athlete status the more careful they are about what they put in their bodies. This has now carried down through the college ranks to FCS players. A lot of research by players goes into everything that goes into their bodies, especially those substances that are injected. Please cite the studies they should review that show both the long terms efficacy and potential side effects, when deciding whether to take the vaccines. You gonna let a politician make a decision on an emergency approved vaccine that no one knows if the heart damage they are now seeing in young vaccinated people could end any future career in your sport? Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States. This is just for April and May, 2021

Can you point to any study that says long term protection is better from vaccines than natural response from contracting covid? Would you take the vaccine when you see that 30-40 of your teammates got the virus but had little or no symptoms from the infection?

You believe a good team player makes lifetime decisions based on what fans think are good "game by game" team decisions rather than making smart, informed, carefully weighed decisions? Don't you think there was a good reason for taking the decision away from a player who gets his bell rung on whether he can return to play? We did away with the "good team player" nonsense they should go back in just so the team can win this game for good reasons.

C'mon, man. Good analysis starts with dropping your political affiliations' preferred outcome objectives and looking for what is out there that both supports and refutes the original inquiry, and analyzing it. Try it, you might like it.

You and people like you are the exact reason why this virus will continue to be a daily presence in this country and continue to fuck our economy for years. Evolve

RainierGriz said:
garizzalies said:
No, not really but that’s irrelevant. No need. Take politics out of it. If I was a coach, I wouldn’t care less about one’s individual opinion on this topic (unless he had a legit religious exemption) because I would focus on the team as a whole. What’s in the team’s best interest? A player’s best ability is availability. And if he increases his chances of not being available for a game/practice, which also happens to threaten the availability for others on the team, well that’s just not very smart and it doesn’t really matter why.

I had a b-ball coach back in the day who would not allow players to ski during the season. Why risk losing someone unnecessarily? “If you wanna play, them’s the rules.”

BTW, you are not an idiot. Anyone who likes Vitamin-R is ok in my book.

If it’s as simple as coaches encouraging players to get a vaccine so that they are prepared for the season, I’m all for it. I also respect people’s right to choose what goes in their body... as selfish as they may seem to some. And right on! Cold Rainier is a crowd pleaser :p
But I think it really is just that simple. If you look at 11 out of the 13 BSC coaches’ responses, that’s basically what they each said. Same as you.
Looks like there’s only two nutballs in the bunch. I have my suspicions on those two, and my guess is, cancellations/forfeits this season will prove which ones they are.
I love the old animal beer as well. It’s not just great, it also seems to get passed over in the cooler by others. Good, their loss, and more for me.

With the way things are heading this just might be a skeleton season. But that’s ok as long as people can have their political opinions on a health issue. :roll:

nzone said:
With the way things are heading this just might be a skeleton season. But that’s ok as long as people can have their political opinions on a health issue. :roll:

Right? If you dropped a member of the Greatest Generation into the 2020s, he'd first shake his head in disbelief, and then he'd start kicking selfish American's asses.

EverettGriz said:
nzone said:

Right? If you dropped a member of the Greatest Generation into the 2020s, he'd first shake his head in disbelief, and then he'd start kicking selfish American's asses.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Jesse said:
Good article. And the bison are the favorite again for the chipper and Weber, ewu and Griz are favored for the bsc. I was surprised by the answers regarding vaccines though. It seems to me if you want to play or coach this season you have to commit to being vaccinated or not play. They make it sound like a personal choice which it isn’t when you want to be a member of a team. If a key starter misses games because of it then he has let his fellas down in their common goal to win. I’m surprised by the resistance to the vaccine. I liked the coach who said if an assistant misses a game because of it then he’s fired. I think the sports market place will ultimately dictate because there is so much money at stake and guys will get vaccinated when they realize how they will be left out financially. Gotta love market capitalism.

You regularly speak from a position of naivety.

This isn't the days of liver killers Ruth, Mantle, Stabler and Layne.

Typically, the closer one gets to world class athlete status the more careful they are about what they put in their bodies. This has now carried down through the college ranks to FCS players. A lot of research by players goes into everything that goes into their bodies, especially those substances that are injected. Please cite the studies they should review that show both the long terms efficacy and potential side effects, when deciding whether to take the vaccines. You gonna let a politician make a decision on an emergency approved vaccine that no one knows if the heart damage they are now seeing in young vaccinated people could end any future career in your sport? Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States. This is just for April and May, 2021

Can you point to any study that says long term protection is better from vaccines than natural response from contracting covid? Would you take the vaccine when you see that 30-40 of your teammates got the virus but had little or no symptoms from the infection?

You believe a good team player makes lifetime decisions based on what fans think are good "game by game" team decisions rather than making smart, informed, carefully weighed decisions? Don't you think there was a good reason for taking the decision away from a player who gets his bell rung on whether he can return to play? We did away with the "good team player" nonsense they should go back in just so the team can win this game for good reasons.

C'mon, man. Good analysis starts with dropping your political affiliations' preferred outcome objectives and looking for what is out there that both supports and refutes the original inquiry, and analyzing it. Try it, you might like it.
If you are looking for BS, I'm certain that you will find it.

In today’s sub-Standard
The Big Sky hasn't laid out specific COVID guidelines yet, nor is it mandating vaccines for anyone except referees, but it is incentivizing high vaccination rates.

At the Big Sky Football Kickoff on Monday, conference commissioner Tom Wistrcill said teams will forfeit if they have COVID outbreaks and aren't able to play scheduled games. The Big Sky's vaccination goal is at least 80% per team, Wistrcill said, making it clear that teams below that rate will face a forfeit threat that highly immunized teams will not.

“We need to increase our vaccination rates,” Wistrcill said. “If I'm in a locker room, I want to play football. I want to encourage my teammates to get vaccinated so that we can play. It's too late if we enter October and we're below that (80%) number and we have a breakout. ‘Oh yeah, we should have gotten vaccinated.’ Well, now's the time where we need to address that, as we enter August here, so hopefully we can protect the season.”

The article also confirmed:
  • The vaccine rate in Gellatin Valley is less than the nation’s average;
  • MSC has a three million dollar deficit; and

• The Chote-bolt caused MSC not to play any spring games because there was not enough time to get prepared.
Ouch. Triple-whammy.

garizzalies said:

• The Chote-bolt caused MSC not to play any spring games because there was not enough time to get prepared.
Ouch. Triple-whammy.

Wait. Sixx shooter didn't come with a plan to get them ready to play? Yiiiiiiikes.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://data.news-leader.com/covid-19-vaccine-tracker/montana/missoula-county/30063/&ved=2ahUKEwjdm5Tg4IjyAhWNG80KHZx_ApkQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw0QQJflaWmDYdX0yZ-0f-gO

Of the 57 counties in Montana Gallatin valley is 2nd, only trailing Missoula county in fully vaccinated people... I would say that's pretty good for Montana.

garizzalies said:

Ouch. Triple-whammy.

I understand Coach Sixx is promoting a naturopathic approach for Covid prevention. Every Friday Honeybear passes out her homemade dill Wheat Thins to the team as a prophylactic for the virus.

Her Belorussian Grandmother, Nadia, swore by the hearty lifesaving promise of dill and she lived to the ripe old age of 59.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

Ouch. Triple-whammy.

I understand Coach Sixx is promoting a naturopathic approach for Covid prevention. Every Friday Honeybear passes out her homemade dill Wheat Thins to the team as a prophylactic for the virus.

Her Belorussian Grandmother, Nadia, swore by the hearty lifesaving promise of dill and she lived to the ripe old age of 59.

Uh oh. The Wheat Thin expenditures are NOT going to help that deficit.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

Ouch. Triple-whammy.

:lol:
Honeybear’s gardening skills are, without a doubt, the most exiting addition to MSC’s program this year. The fact that she could grow anything back home shows her superior green-thumbery. She loves Bozeman and thinks it is in a banana belt. Can you imagine being a vegan in ND? Do they even have veggies?

Remember when Hogan had a $1mil deficit and Cat Fats predicted UM would shutter? Are we still in the red like the cow college of rodeo clowns?
Am I the only one talking about this? It was glossed over in the article like it ain’t no thang, and I haven’t heard about it.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Uh oh. The Wheat Thin expenditures are NOT going to help that deficit.
I’m sure there’s a large gift-in- kind from the writer, choreographer, director, executive producer and star of the C-A-T-S video.

garizzalies said:
Ursa Major said:

:lol:
Honeybear’s gardening skills are, without a doubt, the most exiting addition to MSC’s program this year. The fact that she could grow anything back home shows her superior green-thumbery. She loves Bozeman and thinks it is in a banana belt. Can you imagine being a vegan in ND? Do they even have veggies?

I’m sure any vegetable grown in NoDak ends up encased in green jello or as silage.

Back