• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helena QB Kaden Huot commits!

MikeyGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.statista.com/statistics/240102/average-player-career-length-in-the-national-football-league/&ved=2ahUKEwiNy92Ds4byAhVUAp0JHbT5AhIQFjACegQIAxAF&usg=AOvVaw0EUbt53tzQLZjj1tNFInEc

Osweiler stayed in the league for 7.5 years that's 3 more than the average.... There could be numerous reason he didn't continue to play for all we know. .. one thing we do know is he made generational money for his family at a very young age.

I agree with all of this.
Osweiler's mistake was leaving the Broncos. Of course, if he was in the sport only Tecause of the money, he did the right thing. For him. The Broncos liked him, had groomed him. I thought he would become their franchise QB, but he did have prior signs of overweening ambition. If he had stayed w/ the Broncos, even w/ less pay, over the years, I'm sure he'd have made as much money as the path he took, if not more. He was more about him than football.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
Ok you P-A lil-B, you were warned and remember you asked for this. Where to begin...?

First, your post was not a “simple football opinion.“ It was a troll post from possibly the biggest troll in the interwebs, and purposely designed to elicit the response you received given your history and your trolling on this exact topic with other players. Hell, even your troll buddy admitted it was “sarcasm”. Think about that for just a sec: you’re a 60yro, fat, never-played, never-has-been who is trolling a high school kid. How about letting the kid finish his senior year before you trash his dreams? Or at least let him don the The Griz logo first? This kid finally gets his name in lights (or at least a thread on egriz) and you’re going to vim all over it, for what? Your own selfish trolling reasons? You have no facts to support your trolling. Such a pathetically sad existence you live.

Second, remember just a few weeks ago when you were similarly trolling the Sulser family? A friend or family member from the Sulser family had to come on here and call you out and you started apologizing profusely. I thought you should have been band for that—what would that have been, like your sixth band, right?

Don’t you get it, this is no different? There used to be a Representative for the Players around here but I will take up that mantle and shit-stomp you trolls into oblivion if nobody else will.
Wow I’m chastened——not, you bad mother f###[#] you. You go right ahead and take that mantle up and shit stomp all the apostate Griz fans from behind the keyboard who offend your sensibilities. Dude take a Valium or smoke a joint you are going to hurt yourself with such emotional diatribes
Ha! I would never pick on a “Griz fan”. Just trolls like you.
Who are you trying to fool? You’re no “Griz fan”. Do I have to post the warning again? The one you can’t deny? You’ve been a troll for like 20 years around here. No Griz fan would act like you.

Grizzoola said:
MikeyGriz said:
I agree with all of this.
Osweiler's mistake was leaving the Broncos. Of course, if he was in the sport only Tecause of the money, he did the right thing. For him. The Broncos liked him, had groomed him. I thought he would become their franchise QB, but he did have prior signs of overweening ambition. If he had stayed w/ the Broncos, even w/ less pay, over the years, I'm sure he'd have made as much money as the path he took, if not more. He was more about him than football.

I don’t think it’s a mistake to take the money. Life is short. The second-most important thing about leverage is recognizing when you have it. The most important thing is using it.

goatcreekgriz said:
Grizzoola said:

I don’t think it’s a mistake to take the money. Life is short. The second-most important thing about leverage is recognizing when you have it. The most important thing is using it.

Ding ding ding.

Funny thread.

ilovethecats said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Ding ding ding.

Funny thread.

Yes it is. People denigrating a kid for leaving Montana and getting rich. Woe is him. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
Ding ding ding.

Funny thread.

Yes it is. People denigrating a kid for leaving Montana and getting rich. Woe is him. :lol: :lol:

Montanans do it a lot. Just a sad fact of life. Got to leave to get ahead in your field, make a better living. Maybe not everyone, but many. Fewer opportunities in the last best place.

3-7-77 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Montanans do it a lot. Just a sad fact of life. Got to leave to get ahead in your field, make a better living. Maybe not everyone, but many. Fewer opportunities in the last best place.
Agree, a great place to gorw up and a great place to retire. In between, a career often has to be found elsewhere.

EverettGriz said:
:lol:

How many screen names is he running currently? It's hard to keep track.

The subject is Jesse. How many other usernames has he used? You, and others, have implied there are many. You and the other posters could get together and list the usernames so we could see that you know your stuff, or not list all those usernames and tacitly admit you really are just BEING what you claim to despise, a troll. C'mon, list those names, for the benefit of all us eGriz readers/posters/Jesse's lawyer(s).
https://www.google.com/search?q=libel+definition

:cool:

3-7-77 said:
EverettGriz said:
:lol:

How many screen names is he running currently? It's hard to keep track.

The subject is Jesse. How many other usernames has he used? You, and others, have implied there are many. You and the other posters could get together and list the usernames so we could see that you know your stuff, or not list all those usernames and tacitly admit you really are just BEING what you claim to despise, a troll. C'mon, list those names, for the benefit of all us eGriz readers/posters/Jesse's lawyer(s).
https://www.google.com/search?q=libel+definition

:cool:

No one has that kind of time....

kemajic said:
3-7-77 said:
Agree, a great place to gorw up and a great place to retire. In between, a career often has to be found elsewhere.

Sadly, this is true. I’m slowly beginning the transition back, but have been gone for nearly 40 years in between…

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Sadly, this is true. I’m slowly beginning the transition back, but have been gone for nearly 40 years in between…
Stay with it. I was gone for nearly 40 years and now it's like I never left. Roots are deep.

Re: Osweiler: Since this crept into the thread, I'm responding to previous posts that maintain that O was smart in "following the money." These posts show the cheapness of themselves, viewing pro football or any football, for that matter, in monetary terms.

It's been claimed on eGriz that we all love football "for the sport." Now, it seems, "not so." Football to you guys is only money. What are you doing on a college football forum?

This is the crux of the matter: Is college football about the sport or about the money? You say, "both." I say, "BS!" If UM dropped participation in the BSC and offered non-scholarship football like the Ivy League, 95% of you would quit UM football. I'm not saying UM should do that. All I'm saying is now I know where
your loyalties are: money, not football, in and of itself.

OK, "get real" you say. "It is what it is." And I say, then it's past time to claim you care about the game of football, and only care about making money for the players. This is what "college" football has become.

BTW, many celebrated football players have not only made money far beyond O, but stayed in the game until they had to retire, some who should have retired before tarnishing their careers. I don't need to detail them. Maybe some did it for the money. But most claimed they stayed because they loved football.

So, no, I'm not saying MT kids should not leave the state for opportunity. I did. What I am saying is O was cynical in exploiting football solely to make money, when he could have achieved that while fulfilling the faith the Broncos put into him to bring him along.

I don't recall anyone saying Osweiler shouldn't have taken the money. Very few of us would have refused that situation. The discussion was whether he earned the money he was paid or not.

MikeyGriz said:
I don't recall anyone saying Osweiler shouldn't have taken the money. Very few of us would have refused that situation. The discussion was whether he earned the money he was paid or not.
BS! Christ! You're splitting hairs, and I doubt "he earned the money." If what O did is great to you, ok, but for me he was a sellout, hurting the Broncos and ending what would have been a great career in football.

Never have been a fan of the Broncos, so don't really care how it effected them. If the Broncos were your team, however, I can see how you wouldn't like what he did. Also pretty sure he didn't help the Texans any with his actions.

Hi$ action$ were be$t for #1.
The NFL is a business, full of independent contractors. He did well for himself.

3-7-77 said:
Hi$ action$ were be$t for #1.
The NFL is a business, full of independent contractors. He did well for himself.
He should have stayed in Denver with elway and the doncos. I don’t remember why he bailed— was it just for more money or I always thought maybe he didn’t want to play in elway’s shadow. Too bad I would have liked to have seen him play more. I think most of us capitalists would have taken the money too.

Back