• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky coaches predict 2021 national champion

garizzalies said:
Remember when Hogan had a $1mil deficit and Cat Fats predicted UM would shutter? Are we still in the red like the cow college of rodeo clowns?
Am I the only one talking about this? It was glossed over in the article like it ain’t no thang, and I haven’t heard about it.

There’s no doubt Waded learned from the Choach experience. She only has to convince the Regents that deficit spending is needed to beat the Griz and they readily rubber stamp any budgetary overages.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
Remember when Hogan had a $1mil deficit and Cat Fats predicted UM would shutter? Are we still in the red like the cow college of rodeo clowns?
Am I the only one talking about this? It was glossed over in the article like it ain’t no thang, and I haven’t heard about it.

There’s no doubt Waded learned from the Choach experience. She only has to convince the Regents that deficit spending is needed to beat the Griz and they readily rubber stamp any budgetary overages.

MSU is in the best financial shape of any of the MUS campuses at the moment. Lots of other campuses are cutting staff and programs like crazy. MSU is building and adding.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Uh oh. The Wheat Thin expenditures are NOT going to help that deficit.
I’m sure there’s a large gift-in- kind from the writer, choreographer, director, executive producer and star of the C-A-T-S video.

Oh right.

Well, as we all learned in that video, boycott means boycott. Or something to that effect.

wbtfg said:
Ursa Major said:

MSU is in the best financial shape of any of the MUS campuses at the moment. Lots of other campuses are cutting staff and programs like crazy. MSU is building and adding.
I figured you would respond. You seem to be the trolli-est of them all when it comes to these kind of comparisons. You keep a running count of the enrollment figures handy at all times, which is really quite pathetic. I mean seriously, enrollment trash talk on a rival CFB message board has got to be the dumbest and weakest thing.

But I digress. How did MSC get in the hole so bad? Are you saying other schools in MT have a bigger deficit? Why is this not being examined in the papers and such?

I seem to remember Hogan’s Heros were getting loose with credit cards or something like that. Did Abbott/Elvis Costello do the same? Did he put the new weight room on a credit card. I thought I remember hearing something about that; like the funding wasn’t secured or something. Is that separate from the Berkley-pit sized hole/deficit the Bubs find themselves in currently?

wbtfg said:
Ursa Major said:

You guys aren't trying flat roofs again are you? Once Home Depot clears out the fire pits and patio blocks, you might want to get down there for snow shovels.

SaskGriz said:
wbtfg said:
You guys aren't trying flat roofs again are you? Once Home Depot clears out the fire pits and patio blocks, you might want to get down there for snow shovels.

Touche’. Lol!

Hey wwnbTGa,
Since you skipped responding to my post, I will take that to mean the 3mil deficit does not include the funding problems for the new shed. Two completely separate fuck ups.
Wow. What other financial woes are you guys hiding? Please tell me you guys are contracting-out, and not using in-house, engineers/architects for the supposed new “building” as Saskatoon so sagely noted.
Typical. Whenever the neighbors get flashy stuff the repo guy starts poking around shortly after. Why are engineers not good with money? They are great at math, but you put a dollar sign in the equation and suddenly everyone loses their mind.
As always, looks like lil bro will continue to hold The Griz back and prevent any possible move up to the MWC again. Like an anchor at the bottom of the shit pond.

garizzalies said:
Hey wwnbTGa,
Since you skipped responding to my post, I will take that to mean the 3mil deficit does not include the funding problems for the new shed. Two completely separate [#]f### ups.
Wow. What other financial woes are you guys hiding? Please tell me you guys are contracting-out, and not using in-house, engineers/architects for the supposed new “building” as Saskatoon so sagely noted.
Typical. Whenever the neighbors get flashy stuff the repo guy starts poking around shortly after. Why are engineers not good with money? They are great at math, but you put a dollar sign in the equation and suddenly everyone loses their mind.
As always, looks like lil bro will continue to hold The Griz back and prevent any possible move up to the MWC again. Like an anchor at the bottom of the shit pond.

MSU has a $3mil deficit? That’s news to me. I’d love to see a citation.

Luckily, I assume this coming fall’s record freshman class should make up for it.

Nice try. I cited it a couple post above yours.
It was in today’s paper. And you know it.
Wow you trolls are shifty.
I knew you could not resist some enrollment schtick.

Montana athletic director Kent Haslam knows the value of immunization. The Griz, Haslam said, lost between $4-5 million in 2020-21 as a result of the pandemic. Ouch.

https://406mtsports.com/406mtsports/greg-rachac-don-t-want-the-vaccine-don-t-complain-if-sports-face-more-upheaval/article_fe7a3239-1286-565e-a700-f13f93b6e4e0.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

I don’t think lost opportunity costs are the same as a “deficit”.
Sure, everyone has lost opportunities from COVID—I lost all kinds of Grammy time—but the article about MSC used the word “deficit”.

garizzalies said:
Sure, everyone has lost opportunities from COVID—I lost all kinds of Grammy time—but the article about MSC used the word “deficit”.

You know damn well that a couple of thousand of MSC’s deficit found its way to Austin, Texas last January. Sticky-finger Choach wasn’t going to leave a single penny in the petty cash fund.

One last grift for the grifter.

Ursa Major said:
You know damn well that a couple of thousand of MSC’s deficit found its way to Austin, Texas last January. Sticky-finger Choach wasn’t going to leave a single penny in the petty cash fund.

You accuse, or imply, theft by Choate?

Plenty of cat trolls on eGriz, some of which might love to sent Choate a copy of your hilarious post. I hear he has a great sense of humor.

You may want to check with a good libel attorney. At the very least, it could give you peace of mind. Peace of mind doesn't always come cheap.

wbtfg said:
Ursa Major said:

Reminds me of two guys in my neighborhood. One quit his job as an attorney and opened like 10 yoga/Pilates studios about 3 months before shutdown. He had to sell his house and move his family to a condo to ride out the storm.

The other guy lost his job to COVID, and continued to spend like he got a promotion. Two new Teslas and a cabin in Big Bear.

Spending like crazy doesn’t always equal a better “financial condition”. That’s all I’m saying.

3-7-77 said:
Ursa Major said:

You accuse, or imply, theft by Choate?

Plenty of cat trolls on eGriz, some of which might love to sent Choate a copy of your hilarious post. I hear he has a great sense of humor.

You may want to check with a good libel attorney. At the very least, it could give you peace of mind. Peace of mind doesn't always come cheap.

I believe that even a casual observer will note that the aforementioned post is one of the nicest posts I’ve made for Choach since his greasy carcass became known to me five years ago.

To be a called a grifter implies cunning or intelligence.

As I understand it, he doesn’t possess either trait.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

Jeff choate base salary at Montana State was $206,000 without incentives, at u of Texas his first year he's making $500,000 second year it bumps to $575,000 without incentives ... The two towns are very comparable to cost of living .... I think he'll be just fine... he would have been stupid not to take the Texas job..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.hookem.com/amp/4520139001&ved=2ahUKEwiZ67fGkJDyAhVaZ80KHbioD_4QFjABegQIAxAG&usg=AOvVaw1T_RP4pouHoCUEZbDHShkG&ampcf=1

Back