• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griz Addict said:
AZGrizFan said:
And yet apparently perfection is expected. Even at the age of 17.

Good luck with that.

Perfection is not expected. Not being racist at 17, is. Y'all dumb af..

It’s a giant leap from saying stupid shit to labeling someone a racist for life. Bless your heart.

I know, lets put all the unsubstantiated claims to music, 'REO Speedwagon' (1980):

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been...

If you are going to make a claim that something is FACT, state your source, flatheadgriz406, and others. I cited the song and date, see? :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
RainierGriz said:
Agreed. The kid deserves a chance at redemption.

I don't get it. What's different about walking onto the cats vs walking onto the Griz? Is the shitstorm going to be any less in Bozo?
Agreed. Doesn't make sense.

I guess my hope would be current high school athletes and even younger kids would become aware of this story. Because a few seconds of lack of judgement posted on social media screwed this kids life in regards to athletics and education. Not to say he can't bounce back, but this is a huge price to pay. I don't agree with it, but hopefully kids hear about it, and realize they're not invincible.

I hope he gets a shot somewhere. He's a stud athlete.

hubcap said:
maroonandsilver said:
I talked to my one contact close to the Crews family today. He is the one who told me few months ago that Zac would be brought on to the Team quietly. That is no longer the case.

The Team vote was a UNANIMOUS NO! The Kaimin article did not help. Nor did Zac help himself by stating to the Missoulian a couple months ago that he was still a Griz, when that was still not decided.

And, the Cats are talking to him, possibly as a walk-on.

The Unanimous No vote is pure bullish—. That didn’t happen. Somebody might have said it for optics. Or maybe they hold votes like Saddam Hussein used to. I’ve talked to several of the players on the team and the first thing they say is that they don’t give a damn. They definitely want him to be on the team. I would say it’s closer to the other way around.

I heard from a senior starter that he was not aware of any vote, and, had he been asked to vote, he would have voted to have him on the team.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
I didn’t say anything stupid. I merely provided statistics on the number of Venmo posts that are private, i.e. the bulk of them. You apparently didn’t read the post or can’t read, and flew off the handle by saying stupid stuff. Try reading and thinking before you post.

Many on egriz are not capable of reading, then thinking, and then posting. Some do it in the wrong order. Some completely skip a step or 2.

Except in this case, pr did say stupid shit. Then he tried to cover it up be quoting my post while purposely leaving out the very part that he claims I didn't say and which proved he was wrong. It was a very PR move, and I'm glad he got called out on it, because it gets really tiresome.

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Many on egriz are not capable of reading, then thinking, and then posting. Some do it in the wrong order. Some completely skip a step or 2.

Except in this case, pr did say stupid shit. Then he tried to cover it up be quoting my post while purposely leaving out the very part that he claims I didn't say and which proved he was wrong. It was a very PR move, and I'm glad he got called out on it, because it gets really tiresome.

You are a prime example of not being able to read or comprehend. I said nothing stupid regarding your posts. You didn't understand what I said. I quoted exactly what you said, to disprove what you had tried to say you had said, or not said. I was never discussing anything in your second sentence that you claim I "left out". You first asked me how I knew that some group didn't want him, and I just threw that back in your face by saying how did you know some group had. Feel free to quote anything you think I said that was stupid in that exchange.

EverettGriz said:
So now I’m confused PR. Are you suggesting that because you’re Native you get to tell us whites what we should view as racist and what we shouldn’t, what language we should find racially offensive and that which we shouldn’t?

No, I'm saying the opposite. You white guys don't get to tell me what is and isn't racist. I'm also saying I know a heck of a lot more about racism than you do.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

You are a prime example of not being able to read or comprehend. I said nothing stupid regarding your posts. You didn't understand what I said. I quoted exactly what you said, to disprove what you had tried to say you had said, or not said. I was never discussing anything in your second sentence that you claim I "left out". You first asked me how I knew that some group didn't want him, and I just threw that back in your face by saying how did you know some group had. Feel free to quote anything you think I said that was stupid in that exchange.

Okaaayy, MrCantBeWrong. :roll:

kemajic said:
GrizTexas said:
Nothing in the article that hasn't already been said! Certainly nothing that would facilitate a quick decision by the University...
It's Tye Brown auditioning for a spot on the Missoulian, showcasing his woke capability, complete with threats.

I see that Tye B was the author of the article. Never heard of him. Who's he or what's his story?

alabamagrizzly said:
PhxGriz said:
Posting something that could be construed as racist is a far cry from someone actually being racist. Nice hyperbole!

Could be just me but why in the fuq would anyone not racist post anything remotely racist in todays age?

Great question and I know I am constantly warning my kids the internet is forever.

In regards to the original post, I'm simply having a tough time broad brushing the kid as racist when we haven't heard from those that surround him.

I used to spend my summers in a suburb of Cincinnati that was 80% black. I used to hear and was encouraged to use terms I wouldn't ever use, simply because they bordered on bad taste (racist). The guys I hung with would have been fine with me saying such stuff, as they were the ones encouraging the usage, but to an outside group, that would have been a no no.

But in all that, your point stands. Why put it out there in the first place?

I have some other questions. Why wouldn't anyone ever make a mistake or say or do something stupid? Why would anyone have an accident? Why would anyone miss a snap count?

Why would some posters on egriz say things to me that I consider to be racist or borderline racist?

In some cases, it's because people don't know better, or don't think, or make mistakes.

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of what ZC supposedly wrote? I don't understand the phrase. And, can anyone explain to me how it's racist, other than the N word is in it? And if the N word is racist, is the word Redskins also racist?

mthoopsfan said:
I have some other questions. Why wouldn't anyone ever make a mistake or say or do something stupid? Why would anyone have an accident? Why would anyone miss a snap count?

Why would some posters on egriz say things to me that I consider to be racist or borderline racist?

In some cases, it's because people don't know better, or don't think, or make mistakes.

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of what ZC supposedly wrote? I don't understand the phrase. And, can anyone explain to me how it's racist, other than the N word is in it? And if the N word is racist, is the word Redskins also racist?
:lol:

mthoopsfan said:

Yes using the N-word is racist. Yes, Redskins is racist. I didn't like the Indians of Stanford and Cleveland either, but most especially Chief Wahoo. The ones I didn't understand, were so many schools dropping Warriors. To me Warrior is a compliment if used respectfully. Not like the Atlanta Braves using Chief KnockaHoma doing his war dance.

What would you say if Zac had put "Plains" in front of the N-word, and had an emogi of a pistol aimed at an emogi of a Native American?

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
So now I’m confused PR. Are you suggesting that because you’re Native you get to tell us whites what we should view as racist and what we shouldn’t, what language we should find racially offensive and that which we shouldn’t?

No, I'm saying the opposite. You white guys don't get to tell me what is and isn't racist. I'm also saying I know a heck of a lot more about racism than you do.

____

maroonandsilver said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yes using the N-word is racist. Yes, Redskins is racist. I didn't like the Indians of Stanford and Cleveland either, but most especially Chief Wahoo. The ones I didn't understand, were so many schools dropping Warriors. To me Warrior is a compliment if used respectfully. Not like the Atlanta Braves using Chief KnockaHoma doing his war dance.

What would you say if Zac had put "Plains" in front of the N-word, and had an emogi of a pistol aimed at an emogi of a Native American?

Nice post. I'm curious if the guy with all the questions will try to answer yours.

maroonandsilver said:
mthoopsfan said:

If the N word is racist, can Blacks say the N word? Can Indians talk about prairie N's?

I would have said Wah-Hoo-Wah, to Zac (that's a Dartmouth thing). Seriously, I would have taken notice, but not said a thing, until I knew more. I put up with prejudiced comments against NA's on the Griz message boards for over 15 years, before I started speaking up. It took me a long time for some of you race experts to teach me what I should be offended by. I was fine with the Stanford Indians; I attended Stanford. I played for the Dartmouth Indians, and we had an Indian head on the sleeves of our jerseys. I too like the Warriors. The closest town to our ranch was the Brockton Warriors, and I played for the Wilson Warriors in junior high.

Mousegriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Nice post. I'm curious if the guy with all the questions will try to answer yours.

Try to answer? I already answered them definitively.

maroonandsilver said:
... I didn't like the Indians of Stanford and Cleveland either, but most especially Chief Wahoo. The ones I didn't understand, were so many schools dropping Warriors. To me Warrior is a compliment if used respectfully. Not like the Atlanta Braves using Chief KnockaHoma doing his war dance.
No question, the "chief" things are stupid and offensive ... not to mention "lame" anyway.

FWIW: Like "Warriors," the word "Braves" should also be viewed as a compliment if used respectfully. The Romance-language word, rooted in "Bravo," goes back to before European colonization of the New World. With occasional back-sliding, it described a sturdy, courageous, and loyal fighter (warrior). The "back-sliding" came from the enemies (what a surprise!), who viewed such "braves" as vicious thugs.

Aside from the obvious bummers – back in the day, "redskin" was hardly ever used except in a negative way – this whole team nickname thing has always puzzled me. Organizations pick their names in an attempt to convey a sense of courage, dedication, skill, and (sometimes) ferocity. As a matter of fact, my high school sports nickname was (and is) the "Indians." That is/was associated with numerous positive attributes ... a sign of respect. The fact that the opponents try to make fun of your "motto," should -- in theory -- add some oomph! to your team's effort.

Racism is as old as Homosapiens, maybe older. It knows no color barrier or ethnic barrier. It exists on all continents. Name your color, they have their own racists. White, black, brown, red, yellow racists. So what? No society can legislate opinions. Passing laws about racial intolerance, which will be ignored, will only result in disrespect for the law, and outright defiance of the law. Taking someones scholarship away because of something he wrote is assinine, and is, in itsself, racist. Radical Reconstruction of the South didn't create a new society, other than the Klan.
Racist is a term that has been bastardized and abused by the left in this country for years. If you don't agree with them, you're a racist. If they don't have a rational answer to their policies/aims, you're racist. Fences are now racist, an inanimate object. :roll:

3-7-77 said:
Racism is as old as Homosapiens, maybe older. It knows no color barrier or ethnic barrier. It exists on all continents. Name your color, they have their own racists. White, black, brown, red, yellow racists. So what? No society can legislate opinions. Passing laws about racial intolerance, which will be ignored, will only result in disrespect for the law, and outright defiance of the law. Taking someones scholarship away because of something he wrote is assinine, and is, in itsself, racist. Radical Reconstruction of the South didn't create a new society, other than the Klan.
Racist is a term that has been bastardized and abused by the left in this country for years. If you don't agree with them, you're a racist. If they don't have a rational answer to their policies/aims, you're racist. Fences are now racist, an inanimate object. :roll:

So is the meat of this post that racism should be tolerated since it’s not going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back