• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bradford...

mtgrizrule said:
New DC??? We will see.

I hope it happens! The guys resume speaks for itself. But watching him interact with players you can see the guy has IT! I’m sure he came here knowing this was a possibility soon.

I would be shocked if it was anybody but him. If we wanna keep him around coaching the corners for a while, then this feels warranted!

The bigger question is now with the lost personnel and now the play caller, does Bobby and Bradford move away from the 3-3-5? Now’s probably as good of time as ever to move on from it.

That’s what I was wondering too GTID. I think it is most definitely Bradford but what I don’t know is what that skin looks like. Is his experience and influence more in line with a 4-3? Had no issues with the 335 it has had pretty good results overall but it definitely is somewhat gimmicky and can be exploited as we have seen…I’d be fine with moving away from it

Also if Bradford is the DC, and Cooper is the linebacker coach, I could see Kim McCloud sliding into that safeties role. He was a DB and corners coach at a number of other stops, mostly FBS. They brought him in as a defensive analyst last season perhaps to have him here and be ready for the spot knowing it was coming.

HookedonGriz said:
Also if Bradford is the DC, and Cooper is the linebacker coach, I could see Kim McCloud sliding into that safeties role. He was a DB and corners coach at a number of other stops, mostly FBS. They brought him in as a defensive analyst last season perhaps to have him here and be ready for the spot knowing it was coming.

Heard McCloud was a 1 and done but let’s see what he decides.

I do know, the replacements are decided. I've asked around some. Each time, I mentioned Bradford, there was hesitation, and or grin, to those I asked. Then, I got the I can't tell you, wink wink look. I was assured though, the decisions have been made. Based on those interactions, I'm pretty certain, Bradford is our new DC. Just wish they'd make it official.

Then again, there's always a small chance of being wrong.

I think the current coaches contracts run through the end on the month from what I’ve heard so probably won’t announce until next month.

On a Monday at some time, there will be an announcement. Some sort of announcement. Can't tell too much my sources will be very upset.

grizfan1984 said:
I think the current coaches contracts run through the end on the month from what I’ve heard so probably won’t announce until next month.

I don’t understand the delay. If we KNOW the openings, and they are being filled by guys currently on the staff we’ll have OTHER openings that’ll need to be filled. Why wait?

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

I don’t understand the delay. If we KNOW the openings, and they are being filled by guys currently on the staff we’ll have OTHER openings that’ll need to be filled. Why wait?

What % surprised are you?

GrizMania said:
AZGrizFan said:

What % surprised are you?

73.6%.

Back