• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your Sports Credentials?

Griz Addict said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Congrats on being so huge and awesome?

Not huge now lmao. At that age I was.. it's crazy though how a lot of smaller kids end up getting huge and then bigger kids end up being smaller. I think you looked way to hard in my post. And at that age I feel like most of the kids in my school were around the same height other than a few. I just never met anyone that small as a freshman. I'm not trying to put u down or brag myself up obviously I'm considered pretty damn short as an adult. Things were looking good for me when I was a teenager tho.

Well I can say that out of about 350 in my Fr class, I wasn’t the smallest. There was one Laos kid that was about 2 inches shorter then me plus a good number of girls, so I got that going for me.

Played little Griz and sentinel frosh football (purple). Was way too small and slow.

Made the quarter finals of the Seattle all high school drags my junior year, win it my senior year. Won a couple other events, and finished in the semi finals of a national race my senior year of high school.

Since I won prize money I guess I technically was a professionals athlete, but really I felt like more of an artist than athlete.

Grizbeer said:
Played little Griz and sentinel frosh football (purple). Was way too small and slow.

Made the quarter finals of the Seattle all high school drags my junior year, win it my senior year. Won a couple other events, and finished in the semi finals of a national race my senior year of high school.

Since I won prize money I guess I technically was a professionals athlete, but really I felt like more of an artist than athlete.
Are you describing a foot race for drag queens?

garizzalies said:
Grizbeer said:

Are you describing a foot race for drag queens?
Or the quarter mile?

Grizbeer said:
kemajic said:
Or the quarter mile?

Quarter mile. Too short and slow to compete in a foot race with drag queens

But heels are the great equalizer😁. Kidding, I’ve been wanting to take my daughter to the drag races we have down here. They have a huge local competition every year that last about 3-4 days with hundreds of competitors. It’s very cool. I think everyone should personally experience a drag race at least once in their lives.

BDizzle said:
One thing I will say. You can’t argue with hoops about his credentials. Pretty amazing story honestly.

His credentials and story are as awesome as his personality isn’t.

alabamagrizzly said:
Grizbeer said:

But heels are the great equalizer😁. Kidding, I’ve been wanting to take my daughter to the drag races we have down here. They have a huge local competition every year that last about 3-4 days with hundreds of competitors. It’s very cool. I think everyone should personally experience a drag race at least once in their lives.

Ahhh -- the smell of nitro in the air; can't be duplicated.

alabamagrizzly said:
Grizbeer said:

I prefer the figure-8 dirt track stock car races. :thumb: Used to have those up Miller Creek in my youth.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I prefer the figure-8 dirt track stock car races. :thumb: Used to have those up Miller Creek in my youth.

My all time favs was the off road trucks but I never seen em live. If I coulda done that as a “sport” though professionally, that would’ve been my dream job. I grew watching Ivan Stewart and playing Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super off-road so it was engrained in my soul.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

My all time favs was the off road trucks but I never seen em live. If I coulda done that as a “sport” though professionally, that would’ve been my dream job. I grew watching Ivan Stewart and playing Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super off-road so it was engrained in my soul.

Same...if I was a billionaire, I'd start rally racing.
Bummer about Ken Block, btw.
As it was I did most of my racing in Missoula County.
In 69 Chevelle and then 77 Trans AM. :)

GrizMania said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Most of my racing in Missoula was on foot running from cops😁. Only got caught once but it was a biggie.

GrizMania said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Easy pickins for my MoPar.

kemajic said:
GrizMania said:

My dad's Mopar was a 68 Charger :)

GrizMania said:
kemajic said:

I bought my '66 Belv II, 2dr hdtp, 4 spd from 93 Chrysler Plymouth new. I still have it, currently has a 498 ci stroker wedge. Worked two jobs including a graveyard at Bonner, one summer to pay for it. $3300 sticker.

2018 Tacoma here. Quicksand with grey cloth interior. Factory lift/level. No power seats. 16k miles. Will consider trade for membership at Cypress Point.

kemajic said:
GrizMania said:
I bought my '66 Belv II, 2dr hdtp, 4 spd from 93 Chrysler Plymouth new. I still have it, currently has a 498 ci stroker wedge. Worked two jobs including a graveyard at Bonner, one summer to pay for it. $3300 sticker.
Very nice!

mthoopsfan said:
I have a 1970 Ford LTD XL convertible. My lake car.
My ragtop is a '68 Barracuda restoration project, unfinished. Will be my scenic mountain view car. Too old for a Harley.

Back