• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Media importance

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizRealist said:
In the case of Grizzly football, I don't think media as a "right" to know whats going on, but it makes Hauck look like an asshat every time he gets up in front of reporters and basically does the bare minimum, when he could use it as an opportunity to engage and promote the program. His tough guy act is getting really old, and it would be nice if we could turn on the TV once in a while and just have him be his charismatic self like he is when the cameras are off and the reporters arent in the room. The tough guy act is easier to swallow when you have the record to back it up, a la Nick Saban, but he doesn't right now.

I think he should be laughing and joking around with the press, especially during a week of practice in preparation for a game. Maybe share some specifics on gameplan and personnel questions that get asked every time he sits down. "How do you plan to stop player X?" "Well, every time he's in the game and they are in single back formation, we are going to run X on defense." That sort of thing. The "We'll work our best to stop him because he's a great player" BS needs to stop. Less "football coach" and more "friend".

Meh. I’d honestly prefer if he were MORE of a football coach. :cool:

I believe the Missoulian will never come back...

May be The Athletic dept should work with the Kiamen to produce a weekly paper?

Side note: the Doc Burton piece the Missoulian ran one weekend during the season prior was pretty cool. We often ignore how great Griz players do in the classroom.

libbygrizcat said:
It's funny how people think they have a right to know stuff and a right to weigh in on stuff. As far as the Griz are concerned, you have a right to know what Hauk and the AD allow you to know. Get over it. They don't care what you think. They don't have to care what you think. Get used to being on the outside looking in. That's just life. Catering to the media for anything in life these days is just a big she-ite show and asking for trouble. Foook all media and all the mouth breathers hyperventilating behind their keyboards in their mom's basements because they feel left out or ignored.

I think somebody got their d i c k smashed in a horrible work place accident😂.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizRealist said:
In the case of Grizzly football, I don't think media as a "right" to know whats going on, but it makes Hauck look like an asshat every time he gets up in front of reporters and basically does the bare minimum, when he could use it as an opportunity to engage and promote the program. His tough guy act is getting really old, and it would be nice if we could turn on the TV once in a while and just have him be his charismatic self like he is when the cameras are off and the reporters arent in the room. The tough guy act is easier to swallow when you have the record to back it up, a la Nick Saban, but he doesn't right now.

I think he should be laughing and joking around with the press, especially during a week of practice in preparation for a game. Maybe share some specifics on gameplan and personnel questions that get asked every time he sits down. "How do you plan to stop player X?" "Well, every time he's in the game and they are in single back formation, we are going to run X on defense." That sort of thing. The "We'll work our best to stop him because he's a great player" BS needs to stop. Less "football coach" and more "friend".

There is literally hundreds of other coaches at the college and NFL that have the aptitude to answer X's and O's questions without giving away their game plan while also not acting pissed off that the question was asked in the first place. Either he can't do it (unlikely) or he willingly chooses not to. Again, I don't think the media or public are owed an answer, but doing media is part of the gig, and he could at least do it in a way that doesn't make him look like an asshat. He comes off as very unlikely to the public, and he hasn't earned that kind of arrogance.

GrizRealist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There is literally hundreds of other coaches at the college and NFL that have the aptitude to answer X's and O's questions without giving away their game plan while also not acting pissed off that the question was asked in the first place. Either he can't do it (unlikely) or he willingly chooses not to. Again, I don't think the media or public are owed an answer, but doing media is part of the gig, and he could at least do it in a way that doesn't make him look like an asshat. He comes off as very unlikely to the public, and he hasn't earned that kind of arrogance.

And there are literally hundreds of other coaches who answer questions with his exact demeanor. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the same people would likely complain no matter how he answered questions. I saw him pumping gas, but he was doing it in a meanie jerk store kind of way.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizRealist said:

And there are literally hundreds of other coaches who answer questions with his exact demeanor. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the same people would likely complain no matter how he answered questions. I saw him pumping gas, but he was doing it in a meanie jerk store kind of way.

92b40170-7929-4131-9d75-f56f5194596a_text.gif

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

92b40170-7929-4131-9d75-f56f5194596a_text.gif

Are you a fan of Alabama or from Alabama? I offered a PD at U of A and Auburn last year, and outside of maybe Mississippi, they were the dumbest people I've ever met.

uptopgriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Are you a fan of Alabama or from Alabama? I offered a PD at U of A and Auburn last year, and outside of maybe Mississippi, they were the dumbest people I've ever met.

Neither. Born and raised Montanan and my 2 favorite teams are the Griz and whoever’s playing Alabama. Were you trying to insult me cus that was a pretty lame attempt. I know I’ve hurt your feelings by calling you a liar and a backpedaler but it’s just a fan forum. I didn’t think you’d take it so personal. You need to lighten man😂.

alabamagrizzly said:
uptopgriz said:

Neither. Born and raised Montanan and my 2 favorite teams are the Griz and whoever’s playing Alabama. Were you trying to insult me cus that was a pretty lame attempt. I know I’ve hurt your feelings by calling you a liar and a backpedaler but it’s just a fan forum. I didn’t think you’d take it so personal. You need to lighten man😂.

Nothing to do about trying to insult you. You take take care of that on your own. Anyone that would associate with Alabama is stupid.

uptopgriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Nothing to do about trying to insult you. You take take care of that on your own. Anyone that would associate with Alabama is stupid.

im-not-stupid-zwcgmx.jpg

Back