• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lynn Russell Miller Classic: Riverside, CA 2/10-12

CDAGRIZ

DONOR
The Griz will break out this spring down in Riverside, CA in the Lynn Russell Miller Classic tourney with a double-header against Mid Tenn State and Fresno next Friday. Fresno and UCR on Saturday, and then MTSU again on Sunday.

-I know Fresno looks pretty good, picked 5th in the MWC preseason poll.
-UCR is 7th in the Big West preseason poll.
-IDK anything about MTSU, but they are picked T8 out of 10 in the C-USA preseason poll.
-The Griz are picked 4th out of 6 in the BSC, but the votes are closer than the ranking looks.

This will be a great opportunity for the Griz to get some OOC wins early in the year if they can show out. I'm trying to go on Saturday. If you're in the area at all, and don't have plans, it would be cool to see some Griz fans in attendance!

I hope the Griz come out hot! They should have better and more depth at pitching. I’m guessing defense will be solid too. I have been very vocal that they need to implement more small ball to generate runs but that won’t happen I don’t think. I’d love to see it though. Regardless Go Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
The Griz will break out this spring down in Riverside, CA in the Lynn Russell Miller Classic tourney with a double-header against Mid Tenn State and Fresno next Friday. Fresno and UCR on Saturday, and then MTSU again on Sunday.

-IDK anything about MTSU, but they are picked T8 out of 10 in the C-USA preseason poll.
-The Griz are picked 4th out of 6 in the BSC, but the votes are closer than the ranking looks.

This will be a great opportunity for the Griz to get some OOC wins early in the year if they can show out. I'm trying to go on Saturday. If you're in the area at all, and don't have plans, it would be cool to see some Griz fans in attendance!

That’s awesome you’re getting to go. I wish they’d come my way but I know that’s a lot to ask. The closest they came was New Orleans a couple years back but that’s a 6+ hour drive. Now if they ever came to Alabama or Tennessee, I’d be there in a heartbeat. Are you gonna try to see the Fresno game since it’s likely the best competition they’ll see that weekend?

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That’s awesome you’re getting to go. I wish they’d come my way but I know that’s a lot to ask. The closest they came was New Orleans a couple years back but that’s a 6+ hour drive. Now if they ever came to Alabama or Tennessee, I’d be there in a heartbeat. Are you gonna try to see the Fresno game since it’s likely the best competition they’ll see that weekend?

I think our best bet is the UCR game on Saturday because the Saturday Fresno game is at 9:00 am local and we’re about 1:45 away. I told my 9yo tonight that we might be able to go and she was bouncing off the walls. I’ll try my best at a game report and post it here if everything works out.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I think our best bet is the UCR game on Saturday because the Saturday Fresno game is at 9:00 am local and we’re about 1:45 away. I told my 9yo tonight that we might be able to go and she was bouncing off the walls. I’ll try my best at a game report and post it here if everything works out.

Very cool that she’s so excited. That’s awesome she loves playin so much. Mine played 2 years from 6-7 and a year of soccer at 5. Wasn’t too into it though and now she’s doing swim and volleyball and absolutely loves both. She’s 11 now and this will be year 3 of swim and year 2 in volleyball. She also did cheerleading at 8 but hated it cus they didn’t have flyers and that was what she was wanting to do. We tried explaining to her that 8-10 year old girls can’t be throwing each other up in the air and catching them and that was it for her😂.

Back