• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awesome!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
A big thanks to Chris who created an individual Softball forum for us to chat about Griz softball. Thank you so much Chris!

I'm really trying to get my daughters out to the tournament next weekend in Riverside for at least one double-header. Both of them play, and the younger one (9) has been playing since she was 5. Problem is: both of them have practice/games all weekend. Does anyone know where the games will be streamed?

CDAGRIZ said:
I'm really trying to get my daughters out to the tournament next weekend in Riverside for at least one double-header. Both of them play, and the younger one (9) has been playing since she was 5. Problem is: both of them have practice/games all weekend. Does anyone know where the games will be streamed?

Love that you’ve got two daughters playing softball. My daughter is a junior in high school and has been playing since she was seven. She would love to play at the next level. I have coached it as well for the last 10 years. An absolutely awesome sport

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Love that you’ve got two daughters playing softball. My daughter is a junior in high school and has been playing since she was seven. She would love to play at the next level. I have coached it as well for the last 10 years. An absolutely awesome sport

By far my favorite youth sport to watch. They love it. The 9yo plays year-round in three different leagues. We have a Select tourney next Sunday, but Saturday could work to drive out and watch the Griz. What position(s) does your daughter play?

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

By far my favorite youth sport to watch. They love it. The 9yo plays year-round in three different leagues. We have a Select tourney next Sunday, but Saturday could work to drive out and watch the Griz. What position(s) does your daughter play?

She played 2nd base mostly growing up and has transitioned into center field and left field and some second base in high school and travel

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

That is awesome that she gets to play year-round sounds like she takes it pretty serious probably a pretty good little player. What positions are your kiddos playing

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That is awesome that she gets to play year-round sounds like she takes it pretty serious probably a pretty good little player. What positions are your kiddos playing

Thanks! The 9yo is a pitcher and plays SS and 1B. She has practice 5 days per week (her choice) including private pitching (just hit 39 on the gun, so coach says she can now learn the screwball, haha). Good location, but there are some girls in the area throwing harder. The 10yo just started in the fall, but she understands the game from being the scorekeeper for little sister's games the past few years. Mostly plays middle infield and left. You know how it is at these ages, they kind of play everywhere unless they're specialized. They're both nuts about it and we're actually going to the cages tonight after practice. The 9yo was going to move up to 10U this spring to play with her sister but she barely made the cutoff for 8U, and the league commish wants her there. Hopefully in the fall they will be on the same team in 10U.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Thanks! The 9yo is a pitcher and plays SS and 1B. She has practice 5 days per week (her choice) including private pitching (just hit 39 on the gun, so coach says she can now learn the screwball, haha). Good location, but there are some girls in the area throwing harder. The 10yo just started in the fall, but she understands the game from being the scorekeeper for little sister's games the past few years. Mostly plays middle infield and left. You know how it is at these ages, they kind of play everywhere unless they're specialized. They're both nuts about it and we're actually going to the cages tonight after practice. The 9yo was going to move up to 10U this spring to play with her sister but she barely made the cutoff for 8U, and the league commish wants her there. Hopefully in the fall they will be on the same team in 10U.

That is really great stuff. She’s throwing great for that age. Get her dialed in with a change up and she will dominate. Once they hit about 12 or 13 if there’s a good pitcher with a change up those pitchers just absolutely dominate

I am excited about softball finally getting their own forum since I was asking for it way back in ‘15 and ‘16 but it is a bit bittersweet. It’s cool the diehard softball fans have a place to discuss the team without invading the other forums but to be honest, there ain’t many of us and invading those other forums kind of helped raise awareness to the girls and what they were accomplishing. Now when I do post in football or basketball to make others more aware, I might get a lot more of the “wrong forum” comments then before. Obviously I won’t let that stop me though😂😈.

Back