• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ramos and Walker are Back

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
So then what was different about 2019 and 2021?

The same issues, but we somehow managed consecutive quarterfinal berths for the first time in over a decade?

You still seem to be suggesting that 2019 and 2021 were outliers, that we somehow "caught lightning in a bottle", and that last year wasn't simply a disappointing down year with some bad luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I'm just trying to piece this together.

You want to celebrate 10 wins, quarterfinals berths, etc., etc. Good on you. Won’t deny that those are pretty good accomplishments. Just understand that until Bobby (or his successor) fixes the fatal flaw of this program that is the absolute heights of accomplishment we’re going to see. If you’re happy with that, great.

Personally I’d rather maintain an expectation that they (or the next coach) will actually fix the issue instead of lowering expectations and settling for quarterfinal berths.

But hey, to each his own.

Hauck already "fixed the problem". Wake up.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
If we're suddenly counting halves won, then we're actually .5-.5 against Sac and 0-.5-.5 against Weber. :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m sorry, but that’s some PR level poop right there.

Hey! It was close until halftime!! If only games were 30 minutes long, Griz would be world beaters! :lol:

If only starting qb's didn't get hurt or unhealthy.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’m sorry, but that’s some PR level poop right there.

Hey! It was close until halftime!! If only games were 30 minutes long, Griz would be world beaters! :lol:

If only starting qb's didn't get hurt or unhealthy.

if only we had recruited and coached up a capable backup qb.

I can do this all day, counselor. :D

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
So then what was different about 2019 and 2021?

The same issues, but we somehow managed consecutive quarterfinal berths for the first time in over a decade?

You still seem to be suggesting that 2019 and 2021 were outliers, that we somehow "caught lightning in a bottle", and that last year wasn't simply a disappointing down year with some bad luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I'm just trying to piece this together.

You want to celebrate 10 wins, quarterfinals berths, etc., etc. Good on you. Won’t deny that those are pretty good accomplishments. Just understand that until Bobby (or his successor) fixes the fatal flaw of this program that is the absolute heights of accomplishment we’re going to see. If you’re happy with that, great.

Personally I’d rather maintain an expectation that they (or the next coach) will actually fix the issue instead of lowering expectations and settling for quarterfinal berths.

You didn't answer my question. If the problems were and have been the same every year for the last 10 years, what was different about 2019 and 2021 that allowed us to have significantly better results than the other 8? You're the one who said getting into the top 8 was a good standard. Was it only a good thing because you thought it only happened once? ;)

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

like I said. NEXT YEAR!!! AmIrite? Or amirite?

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
If we're suddenly counting halves won, then we're actually .5-.5 against Sac and 0-.5-.5 against Weber. :thumb:

I’m sorry, but that’s some PR level shit right there.

Are you talking about uptop? He's the one that implied winning a half was somehow something we should care about, not me. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You didn't answer my question. If the problems were and have been the same every year for the last 10 years, what was different about 2019 and 2021 that allowed us to have significantly better results than the other 8? You're the one who said getting into the top 8 was a good standard. Was it only a good thing because you thought it only happened once? ;)

Nothing about 2019 and 2021 was better. Nothing. 2022 was a friggin mess.

Win the conference.
Beat the neighbors.
Win the FCS national championship.

Not one of them...all of them. Not for the timid or the weak.

Best fanbase, best facilities, legacy...all in a severely watered down FCS.

No excuses. The neighbors are figuring it out.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

Win the conference.
Beat the neighbors.

You should take that up with the guy who said getting in the top 8 was better, then.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

Win the conference.
Beat the neighbors.

In the past 2 seasons, the neighbors are 1-1 against the Griz, have been conference co-champs one season, and have not won a national championship game. Under your criteria, the neighbors have been very unsuccessful, as they have only figured out one conference co-championship more than the Griz.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Amirite
(am-uh-rit); noun: A bluish green semiprecious stone found predominately along the coasts of Khazekstan said to give it's holder complete mental clarity and the ability to think you are correct, all the time...

Amirite2.jpg

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Win the conference.
Beat the neighbors.

In the past 2 seasons, the neighbors are 1-1 against the Griz, have been conference co-champs one season, and have not won a national championship game. Under your criteria, the neighbors have been very unsuccessful, as they have only figured out one conference co-championship more than the Griz.

I said figuring...not figured. They are closer to figuring it out than the Griz, that is very clear.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Win the conference.
Beat the neighbors.

You should take that up with the guy who said getting in the top 8 was better, then.

I'm taking it up with anyone who says the program is successful. It most certainly is not...based on its own stated goals.

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:

Amirite
(am-uh-rit); noun: A bluish green semiprecious stone found predominately along the coasts of Khazekstan said to give it's holder complete mental clarity and the ability to think you are correct, all the time...

Amirite2.jpg

The Russians. I KNEW IT!!!

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I said figuring...not figured. They are closer to figuring it out than the Griz, that is very clear.
You sound more and more like a bubcat fan with every post.

If you love them so much, why don’t you marry them?

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

No, they aren't. A game or two doesn't make a team or program successful. Are you saying that SDS has figured it out, but NDSU hasn't? No conf. championship, no win on SDS, and no national championship for NDSU this season. The coach needs to fix the program.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I'm taking it up with anyone who says the program is successful. It most certainly is not...based on its own stated goals.
If meeting every goal is what ultimately matters over everything else, then we haven't been successful since 2001.

And if you want to argue otherwise, I guess it isn't as binary as you are making it out to be.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Quite honestly, I am not sure how some people find any enjoyment in Montana Grizzly football.

Me too. But many are happy drinking beer and socializing during the season...I prefer winning and in the FCS...that means championships.

I don't mind that you and others find enjoyment with the former. Why do you care that I need the latter for enjoyment?

Back