• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just renewed my season tickets

Raider said:
GrizMania said:
Most folks I know or hear about that are giving up their tickets are doing so largely because they're at a point in their lives where they're done with crowds etc. A small few are due to $ and/or a dislike of coaching etc.
My observations ate, of course, anecdotal, but seem accurate.

I’ve noticed some season ticket holder “fatigue” and I don’t think it’s all about rising prices. We’ve tailgated in Lot T for 22 years, and the last two seasons have been the most barren I’ve ever seen it in there.

Many folks I have talked to are just over it, even ones who live in Missoula. Going to a home game, tailgating, etc. is an all-day affair. It takes a lot of work. Now we’ve had a long stretch of mediocre football and the game day atmosphere has generally been rinse and repeat for years.

This is also anecdotal on my part. I know season tickets and attendance have been stable, but something has just felt different the last couple of seasons.

I've noticed the same thing and it happened with my tailgate on Riverbowl. I used to bring 3 or 4 cases of beer, it then dwindled over the years to four of us. My cousin retired to Arizona so it was my wife and me. We gave it up two years ago and now have a couple beers at the GSA instead. I miss those days but don't miss dragging a kitchen to Riverbowl. Whoever took over my spot uses is for parking, there's never been a party there.

Raider said:
GrizMania said:
Most folks I know or hear about that are giving up their tickets are doing so largely because they're at a point in their lives where they're done with crowds etc. A small few are due to $ and/or a dislike of coaching etc.
My observations ate, of course, anecdotal, but seem accurate.

I’ve noticed some season ticket holder “fatigue” and I don’t think it’s all about rising prices. We’ve tailgated in Lot T for 22 years, and the last two seasons have been the most barren I’ve ever seen it in there.

Many folks I have talked to are just over it, even ones who live in Missoula. Going to a home game, tailgating, etc. is an all-day affair. It takes a lot of work. Now we’ve had a long stretch of mediocre football and the game day atmosphere has generally been rinse and repeat for years.

This is also anecdotal on my part. I know season tickets and attendance have been stable, but something has just felt different the last couple of seasons.

I'm glad you brought this up. I hadn't been to a home game since 2016 or 2017 before last season. I can't speak for the tailgates as a whole because I stick to one that is always a good time with great food. As for the gameday atmosphere in the stadium, it was great to be back, but I was expecting a few more updates than I saw. It didn't seem as loud, etc. Maybe I'm just romanticizing what it was like back in the day or something. All that said, I still put down a deposit on four season tix for 2023. It will (hopefully) be the first time I can say I'm a season ticketholder.

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:

I'm glad you brought this up. I hadn't been to a home game since 2016 or 2017 before last season. I can't speak for the tailgates as a whole because I stick to one that is always a good time with great food. As for the gameday atmosphere in the stadium, it was great to be back, but I was expecting a few more updates than I saw. It didn't seem as loud, etc. Maybe I'm just romanticizing what it was like back in the day or something. All that said, I still put down a deposit on four season tix for 2023. It will (hopefully) be the first time I can say I'm a season ticketholder.
TBF, despite the constant moaning of fans regarding our home schedule this season, all the non-playoff home games except one last year were not competitive in the slightest, so unless you attended the Idaho game (which was miserable, btw :lol: ) I can't imagine the atmosphere was really anything awesome considering the other games were never close. For the first time in a long time, I actually spent most of the PSU and Cal Poly games at the tailgates instead of inside the stadium. Still had a blast at all the games, though. Hope we can get you back up here more regularly! :thumb:

uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
TBF, despite the constant moaning of fans regarding our home schedule this season, all the non-playoff home games except one last year were not competitive in the slightest, so unless you attended the Idaho game (which was miserable, btw :lol: ) I can't imagine the atmosphere was really anything awesome considering the other games were never close. For the first time in a long time, I actually spent most of the PSU and Cal Poly games at the tailgates instead of inside the stadium. Still had a blast at all the games, though. Hope we can get you back up here more regularly! :thumb:

Thanks, man. Me too. Good point on the home games. I only attended NW State, which wasn't really a game from kickoff. I can't wait to come to more games. Ticket office says they'll reach out in late April with vacancies, so if anyone with four good seats is on the fence about renewing, you know what to do. :D

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:

Thanks, man. Me too. Good point on the home games. I only attended NW State, which wasn't really a game from kickoff. I can't wait to come to more games. Ticket office says they'll reach out in late April with vacancies, so if anyone with four good seats is on the fence about renewing, you know what to do. :D

This’ll be my third year of season tix. First year I made it to 3 games…last year? Zero. Life and work seems to get in the way, and every trip is a 3-day evolution thus requiring significant financial and time commitments. This year we’ll see how the work/football conflicts play themselves out, but I’m hoping to make it to Ferris State, Sac State and Montana State. Good lord willing.

And I haven’t renewed yet so have no idea how much mine went up. Won’t matter… :cool:

Just renewed. $586 for two tix in the NEZ. So, average of about $49/ticket per game. That includes the padded seats with seat backs.

AZGrizFan said:
Just renewed. $586 for two tix in the NEZ. So, average of about $49/ticket per game. That includes the padded seats with seat backs.

Next year you’re going to pay gsa dues in the north end zone. Can’t wait to hear your response next year.

uptopgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Next year you’re going to pay gsa dues in the north end zone. Can’t wait to hear your response next year.

I don’t give two shits. I’ll just reduce my five figure donation by the GSA amount and move along. :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
Why the seats? I thought sitting was not allowed in the NEZ.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

I don’t give two poop. I’ll just reduce my five figure donation by the GSA amount and move along. :cool:

"Two poop" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey moderators - who exactly do you think you're protecting with these ridiculous obscenity filters? Last time I checked, this is a college football forum, not a Latter Day Saints bible study. Ineffectual stupidity at its finest.

gotgame75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I don’t give two poop. I’ll just reduce my five figure donation by the GSA amount and move along. :cool:

Hey moderators - who exactly do you think you're protecting with these ridiculous obscenity filters? Last time I checked, this is a college football forum, not a Latter Day Saints bible study. Ineffectual stupidity at its finest.

Yes and no, with shades of grey.

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:
And the addition of beer sales to the upper east side.

Yes, they’re fishing for everything to generate money.. Hear they’re thinking about charging for walking across the bridge from the press box.
Please just ban this kid/girl.

gotgame75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yesterday I typed H a n c o c k and it was translated to DNA rifle.

That's funny.

You can turn the word filter off in your user settings, guys. It's a default from the bbs software, not an inquisition by the mods. :lol:

image.png

word_filter.png

uofmman1122 said:
You can turn the word filter off in your user settings, guys. It's a default from the bbs software, not an inquisition by the mods. :lol:

image.png

word_filter.png

The amount of knowledge of technology of egriz posters is very very low, but it is much higher than the amount of knowledge of o-line play.

uofmman1122 said:

image.png

word_filter.png

But that only changes what you see, not what everyone else who hasn’t turned it off sees. If you want other people to see what you typed, you gotta beat the system like “Upchuck is a fuq wad dik head”.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Why the seats? I thought sitting was not allowed in the NEZ.

It's not. I need a space to stand, though. I take up a bit of space. :lol: :lol: Plus, sometimes I let the seats to my 85 year old step-mom...she likes to sit ocassionally.

alabamagrizzly said:
But that only changes what you see, not what everyone else who hasn’t turned it off sees. If you want other people to see what you typed, you gotta beat the system like “Upchuck is a fuq wad dik head”.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POTY Candidate! :clap: :clap:

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

image.png

word_filter.png

The amount of knowledge of technology of egriz posters is very very low, but it is much higher than the amount of knowledge of o-line play.

Said the guy who readily admits he has zero clue how to post a picture.

Back