• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Official (14)Signed, (1)Verbal, (5)Transfers & (2) Known Offers

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Not a big runner. Got to have that plus 1 threat in today’s game to be great, most of the time.

IDK about that at the FCS level. Didn't Tommie Touchdowns take the Bobs to the NC game without being able to pass better than an above average 8th grader? Seems like that happened.

I’m glad you only stated “above average 8th grader”. If you’d have said above average 8th grade QB, it’s not even close.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
IDK about that at the FCS level. Didn't Tommie Touchdowns take the Bobs to the NC game without being able to pass better than an above average 8th grader? Seems like that happened.

I’m glad you only stated “above average 8th grader”. If you’d have said above average 8th grade QB, it’s not even close.

Very fair point.

Bok_Choi said:
Kid can play. That he has nothing for offers at this point would suggest there's something else missing. Not casting aspersions, but QB's don't grow on trees. He should be able to get an audition, all things being equal at the very least.

I have zero info on this but the most logical is he still has some classes to take or grades.

Paytonlives said:
Bok_Choi said:
Kid can play. That he has nothing for offers at this point would suggest there's something else missing. Not casting aspersions, but QB's don't grow on trees. He should be able to get an audition, all things being equal at the very least.

I have zero info on this but the most logical is he still has some classes to take or grades.

That would make sense if he didn’t have a 3.9 GPA (3.8 weighted with AP stuff according to the article). It must be personality or something.

CDAGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:

That would make sense if he didn’t have a 3.9 GPA (3.8 weighted with AP stuff according to the article). It must be personality or something.
like this guy's attitude problem.

image-w1280.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:

Recruiting is such a bizarre, unscientific dance. He has great numbers, playing in what looks to be a good league in SoCal. Doesn't have great size, arm talent doesn't pop on the tape. However, it's hard to argue with the stats and production.

I'd imagine he'll likely end up at a JC and hopefully getting on with a NCAA/NAIA team after that.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Recruiting is such a bizarre, unscientific dance. He has great numbers, playing in what looks to be a good league in SoCal. Doesn't have great size, arm talent doesn't pop on the tape. However, it's hard to argue with the stats and production.

I'd imagine he'll likely end up at a JC and hopefully getting on with a NCAA/NAIA team after that.

I'm guessing you're correct. Some of the JCs around here (Goldenwest, Mt. SAC, etc.) are/would be pretty fertile fields for programs like UM and MSU. QB is a tough position of course, but I'd like to see UM and MSU take the place of the JCs for fringe guys with upside. With the portal being what it is, we could get some depth and production from some of these guys before they move on to the top level.

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:

I'm guessing you're correct. Some of the JCs around here (Goldenwest, Mt. SAC, etc.) are/would be pretty fertile fields for programs like UM and MSU. QB is a tough position of course, but I'd like to see UM and MSU take the place of the JCs for fringe guys with upside. With the portal being what it is, we could get some depth and production from some of these guys before they move on to the top level.

From Wikipedia.

“Despite his impressive high school record, (Aaron) Rodgers attracted little interest from Division I programs. In a 2011 interview with E:60, he attributed the relative lack of attention in the recruiting process to his unimposing physical stature as a high school player at 5'10" (1.78 m) and 165 lb (75 kg). Rodgers had wanted to attend Florida State and play under head coach Bobby Bowden, but was rejected. He was only offered an opportunity to compete for a scholarship as a walk-on from University of Illinois. He declined the invitation, and considered quitting football to play baseball instead or giving up entirely on the idea of playing in professional sports and attending law school after completing his undergraduate degree.

He was then recruited to play football at Butte Community College in Oroville, a junior college about 15 miles (25 km) southeast of Chico.”

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

From Wikipedia.

“Despite his impressive high school record, (Aaron) Rodgers attracted little interest from Division I programs. In a 2011 interview with E:60, he attributed the relative lack of attention in the recruiting process to his unimposing physical stature as a high school player at 5'10" (1.78 m) and 165 lb (75 kg). Rodgers had wanted to attend Florida State and play under head coach Bobby Bowden, but was rejected. He was only offered an opportunity to compete for a scholarship as a walk-on from University of Illinois. He declined the invitation, and considered quitting football to play baseball instead or giving up entirely on the idea of playing in professional sports and attending law school after completing his undergraduate degree.

He was then recruited to play football at Butte Community College in Oroville, a junior college about 15 miles (25 km) southeast of Chico.”

Fantastic example.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:
From Wikipedia.

Fantastic example.
Also, throw in Josh Allen. No love out of high school.

Hey Payton…is there a way we could create an archive of all the recruiting threads over the years? A landing spot once they’re cut loose so that they can be referenced from time to time?

AZGrizFan said:
Hey Payton…is there a way we could create an archive of all the recruiting threads over the years? A landing spot once they’re cut loose so that they can be referenced from time to time?

Great idea... I'll try to get a hold of Chris

Back