• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Darkest Just Before Dawn?

gotgame75 said:
mthoopsfan said:
What’s your view of him and his mom being tossed out of his daughter’s game?

Momberg couldn't hack it at this level and didn't deserve to be here. Get over it already :roll:

How would you know? Holsinger never gave her a chance. It can be argued that the two Europeans he brought in have done no better. Momberg, even as a bench player, would’ve been far better than either of them, who were given a chance plus she understood what being a Lady Griz is all about.

Holsinger has quickly moved away from Montana players with questionable results. His two highly vaunted freshmen everyone raves about need to improve significantly on the defensive side of the ball.

ordigger said:
gotgame75 said:
Momberg couldn't hack it at this level and didn't deserve to be here. Get over it already :roll:

How would you know? Holsinger never gave her a chance. It can be argued that the two Europeans he brought in have done no better. Momberg, even as a bench player, would’ve been far better than either of them, who were given a chance plus she understood what being a Lady Griz is all about.

Holsinger has quickly moved away from Montana players with questionable results. His two highly vaunted freshmen everyone raves about need to improve significantly on the defensive side of the ball.

Were you at practice? That's where playing time is earned.

uptopgriz said:
ordigger said:

Was Holsinger? If I recall he let them go before he ever showed up via video

Momberg is now playing at the right level, scoring about 6 a game and averaging about 20 minutes. I said 2 years ago she would be happier at Western and i believe she is. I am not in the camp of believing she did not deserve a shot at the Lady Griz, but i believe it was a stretch especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I have seen her play almost every home game in the last 2 years and can say she is a great teammate and is filling her role very well. I also believe her sister has a higher ceiling and will be a stud at the Frontier level. My advice for what it's worth, is to stop bringing her up and be happy that she found a home

gotgame75 said:
mthoopsfan said:
What’s your view of him and his mom being tossed out of his daughter’s game?

Your schadenfreude is beyond transparent.

The only time you chime in about the Lady Griz is when there has been some sort of misstep.

😈😁
oops-shocked.gif

Grizfan-24 said:
Re: Shooting.

Big's shooting from the perimeter is a bit of a mess regarding technique. Used to be industry wide philosophy that bigs who released their shot above their head, the ball landed too hard on the rim to be effective. That has been debunked in recent years, but the issue of consistent release and lift cause bigs issues because of the angle it has approaching the rim.

I've read and listened to some college guys and one of the philosophies is to take the a lot of the knee flex and jump and eliminate a lot of the upward arm movement. Almost make it a free-throw and players seem to get more consistent release.

By moving the ball down with Bannan, it created that hitch, to help him on jump shots to get a softer bounce on the rim. The adjustment had the desired impact, but he's much more inconsistent from 3 because of it. He just doesn't get the same on line release that he did before the adjustment.

No need to concern ourselves about Bannon…

GrizPony said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Big's shooting from the perimeter is a bit of a mess regarding technique. Used to be industry wide philosophy that bigs who released their shot above their head, the ball landed too hard on the rim to be effective. That has been debunked in recent years, but the issue of consistent release and lift cause bigs issues because of the angle it has approaching the rim.

I've read and listened to some college guys and one of the philosophies is to take the a lot of the knee flex and jump and eliminate a lot of the upward arm movement. Almost make it a free-throw and players seem to get more consistent release.

By moving the ball down with Bannan, it created that hitch, to help him on jump shots to get a softer bounce on the rim. The adjustment had the desired impact, but he's much more inconsistent from 3 because of it. He just doesn't get the same on line release that he did before the adjustment.

F#$%. I assume that means he's leaving? That really sucks.

GrizPony said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Meaning?

wyomingriz said:
Momberg is now playing at the right level, scoring about 6 a game and averaging about 20 minutes. I said 2 years ago she would be happier at Western and i believe she is. I am not in the camp of believing she did not deserve a shot at the Lady Griz, but i believe it was a stretch especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I have seen her play almost every home game in the last 2 years and can say she is a great teammate and is filling her role very well. I also believe her sister has a higher ceiling and will be a stud at the Frontier level. My advice for what it's worth, is to stop bringing her up and be happy that she found a home

I assume your advice is for GotGame and Mouse, who are the ones who keep bringing up Momberg.

I see that Momberg scored about the same as 2 other starters. She had the 2d best percentage in 3's and FT's, and had the best assist to TO ratio. Her team was 28-6, with 4 losses to Carroll by 11, 12, 8 and 6, an early loss to 19-8 Pacific by 4 and a playoff loss to the no. 3 team in NAIA (after a playoff win over the no. 4 team). Western had a first team all-American. Jamie Pickens of Carroll was honorable mention all-American.

uptopgriz said:
ordigger said:

That was my point. I don't believe the new coach ever met her, let alone saw her practice. And then the new coach brings in 3 new players, who are now gone or never get on the court.

ordigger said:
gotgame75 said:

And the transfer he brought in the first year, and started for about 10 games, averaged .8 points this past season, and shot 27%, 10% and 50%.

ordigger said:
gotgame75 said:

How would I know? Well it doesn't take a basketball genius to understand that the 5th leading scorer with a 38% shooting percentage on a Frontier Conference team probably isn't Division 1 material. :roll:

gotgame75 said:
ordigger said:

How would I know? Well it doesn't take a basketball genius to understand that the 5th leading scorer with a 38% shooting percentage on a Frontier Conference team probably isn't Division 1 material. :roll:

Marxen and Konig shot 38%. Huard 34%. Tsineke 27%. Are they not D-I material either?

mthoopsfan said:
gotgame75 said:

Marxen and Konig shot 38%. Huard 34%. Tsineke 27%. Are they not D-I material either?

According to his logic - no. And they are all Holsingers.

Plus 5th leading scorer isn't bad when all 4 ahead of you earned conference honors on a National power. Fitzgerald was Co-POY, and 1st team. Sweeney Newcomer of the year, and 1st team. King, Hon Mention, and all Defense. Cooley was Freshman of the year. Momberg's pct from 3 was 36%, 2nd on the team.

Pretty obvious that gotgame's game is croquet not basketball. A serious lack of understanding there.

wyomingriz said:

👍

wyomingriz said:

And her team did well in the pre-season scrimmage against the LG, when she knocked down a couple 3's. Her team, and certainly Carroll, were probably better than the LG this year too. She's probably glad to be playing on a better team that actually can win games in the playoffs. They knocked off the no. 4 team in the division, in the playoffs; and lost to the no. 3 team. I see that Carroll got beat too in the playoffs. That must have been disappointing for them. Jamie Pickens was first-team all-American.

Next year is a very important year for Brian IMO. Expectations were high this year and overall it was a very up and down year (and got off to a bad start without Gfeller).

Gfeller and Marxen should bring a lot of senior leadership to the team next season. As far as personnel goes, Sammy is the only important loss and shouldn't be overly difficult to replace with Stump, Huard, and incoming players (whether it be freshmen or transfers). Of course there will still be some youth, but the depth and talent seems impressive.

Northern Arizona, Sacramento State, and Montana State all lose some key pieces next season.

OregonStateFan said:
Next year is a very important year for Brian IMO. Expectations were high this year and overall it was a very up and down year (and got off to a bad start without Gfeller).

Gfeller and Marxen should bring a lot of senior leadership to the team next season. As far as personnel goes, Sammy is the only important loss and shouldn't be overly difficult to replace with Stump, Huard, and incoming players (whether it be freshmen or transfers). Of course there will still be some youth, but the depth and talent seems impressive.

Northern Arizona, Sacramento State, and Montana State all lose some key pieces next season.

Is there even a 1% chance the older donarski could land here with her sister? I have someone who knows more than me and says it’s not out of the realm of possibility

Back