• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dana Butterfield injured?

From the first game today you could see Butterfield on crutches and she looked pretty labored getting to the postgame huddle (Griz won 9-1 on a Jablonski walkoff homer in the 5th, BTW). I highly doubt Butterfield will play at all this year unless it was an act.

DoubleNicks said:
From the first game today you could see Butterfield on crutches and she looked pretty labored getting to the postgame huddle (Griz won 9-1 on a Jablonski walkoff homer in the 5th, BTW). I highly doubt Butterfield will play at all this year unless it was an act.

Dana is in a boot.

The injury as far as I know, happened right before or as the season started. Only heard rumors and I heard late April if at all if she is going to return. That is only speculation for what it is worth.

I talked with Dana after the games with Carroll today. She was at the head of the post-game celebration doling out hi-fives to fans who were exiting the facility. She told me she would definitely not be playing this year, indicating she'd had an accident unrelated to softball.

grizzlyjournal said:
I talked with Dana after the games with Carroll today. She was at the head of the post-game celebration doling out hi-fives to fans who were exiting the facility. She told me she would definitely not be playing this year, indicating she'd had an accident unrelated to softball.

That’s a bummer for her. Does that mean she’ll be redshirting this year then?

alabamagrizzly said:
grizzlyjournal said:

I'm assuming she'll redshirt. I didn't dwell much on her situation because of the nature of the post-game celebration.... which involved players autographing team posters for a swarm of very young softball players!

grizzlyjournal said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I'm assuming she'll redshirt. I didn't dwell much on her situation because of the nature of the post-game celebration.... which involved players autographing team posters for a swarm of very young softball players!

Good call😁. I’m sure you’re right too about RSing.

Wonder if she hurt herself skiing or something like that. Maybe just took a fall on ice too. Are they allowed to ski or participate in other off-sport activities?

Back