• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vigen addresses Zac Crews' 'horrible mistake,' walk-on opportunity

Fahque

I'll just leave this here…

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-coach-brent-vigen-addresses-zac-crews-horrible-mistake-walk-on-opportunity/article_3200ffff-22ad-5095-8cbe-26c06d706b16.html

That Cruzado and Costello, or as I like to call them Abbott and Costello, are open-minded and provided him plausible deniability is critical. Am also glad the article mentions the importance of the drunk driving coach as a yardstick on whether or not to make the decision. Everything you need to know about the program. Just win baby.

Why were the Bobcat black players and coaches willing to accept his apology and his attempts to make amends, yet ours were not? Seems very odd.

good article. time to move on. going to be a good season for the Griz and probably a good season for the scats. Hope we kick their butts but if we don't it will have zero to do with Crews and how this all played out.

retiredpopo said:
good article. time to move on. going to be a good season for the Griz and probably a good season for the scats. Hope we kick their butts but if we don't it will have zero to do with Crews and how this all played out.

You got a crystal ball, popo? You kin to Nostradamus? To which Quatrain are you referring?
No, it's NOT time to move on. UM, on whatever level(s) this decision was made, still hasn't come clean on the details of this fiasco. MSU has at least made a half hearted explanation of their 'win-at-all-costs' philosophy, including the boozer. UM sticks with their 'woke-at-all-costs.' wisdom. :shit:

Mis-handled by UM, perfectly handled by MSU. The difference between a University too scared to make a mistake and a University not afraid to make a mistake and/or take a chance.

Bok_Choi said:
Everything you need to know about the program. Just win baby.

Naaaaaa - this is what can happen when you allow the TEAM to act like a TEAM instead of allowing The Kaimen to dictate policy!!! :thumb:

Bok_Choi said:
That Cruzado and Costello, or as I like to call them Abbott and Costello, are open-minded and provided him plausible deniability is critical. Am also glad the article mentions the importance of the drunk driving coach as a yardstick on whether or not to make the decision. Everything you need to know about the program. Just win baby.

I once heard the Cat basketball coach, from a number of years ago, say that every time he ran into Cruzado on campus, she would come shake his hand and say, "Just win."

Tell us you’re not dictating by telling us you’re not dictating.
Vigen said. “It wasn't me telling them, ‘Hey, this is the way it's going to be. This is going to be the situation.’
O really? Kind of sounds that way.

....sounds like Vigen did that right thing....most black players that I played with
in the past would have accepted the apology and moved on...sounds like that
is what's happening...not surprised!.....like I said before the team/coaches could
have used this as a learning tool ...what does it prove to just axe a kid for a stupid
mistake.....never let a good crises go to waste....someone said!

Crews will be a better player and person...Cats will be a better team.

...the Griz lost on this one!...sorry to say!

Pretty clear Sixx cares only about the dubs and not the kids. Sometimes when you're paid to be a leader you actually have to BE a leader. I wonder if he asks his team if they should attend class also.

grizghost said:
....sounds like Vigen did that right thing....most black players that I played with
in the past would have accepted the apology and moved on...sounds like that
is what's happening...not surprised!.....like I said before the team/coaches could
have used this as a learning tool ...what does it prove to just axe a kid for a stupid
mistake.....never let a good crises go to waste....someone said!

Crews will be a better player and person...Cats will be a better team.

...the Griz lost on this one!...sorry to say!

I would agree with this, especially as it seems that he is genuinely sorry about it. I'm pretty sure the black players I played with would've had their say about it, then would have given him a chance. Heck, they called me the N word on a regular basis (full disclosure, I wasn't sure how to respond to it initially hahaha). But it is certainly a different time, and if players didn't want him because of it, so be it. If it really was the rag paper...that is really a different issue. I just wish that someone, somewhere that actually knows what happened would just share it.

I think the difference is the proximity. The decision to not let Crews on the team happened BEFORE crews spent the last year in purgatory. He had to show himself to be both contrite and willing to put in the effort to play. Given the circumstances of the issue, there was no way he could have done that at Montana. It would have heaped too much excess controversy onto the program.

Im happy that Crews gets a chance to play again, even if it’s for the Cats. He’s done his time and has done the things that he needed to to be able to have this opportunity. A second chance doesn’t always come with things like this.

Back