• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Been away for a bit

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
So, the usual then?

Yep. Same as it ever was. Glad to have you back.

Thank you sir. Had a long solitary stay at The Schick. I'd been on double-secret probation, then caught with some bootlegged Rumple Minz. Long time in the hole, my friend. Long time.

EverettGriz said:
What'd I miss?

Not much. O-line is gonna be awesome...300 pounds and experience. Have a drop in QB. Same coaches, different roles. Back-up QB is an issue.

Tim Hauck is back...defense will be good, as usual.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yep. Same as it ever was. Glad to have you back.

Thank you sir. Had a long solitary stay at The Schick. I'd been on double-secret probation, then caught with some bootlegged Rumple Minz. Long time in the hole, my friend. Long time.

Ich möchte einen Toast auf EVG ausbringen!“

My German mother in law stands ready to come to your aid with a bottle of peppermint schnapps. Just say the word. She hides it in a rouladen casserole dish with a false bottom. No one will ever know.

Alles Gute.

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:

My German mother in law stands ready to come to your aid with a bottle of peppermint schnapps. Just say the word. She hides it in a rouladen casserole dish with a false bottom. No one will ever know.

Alles Gute.

And this is why my first stop — after my eyes readjust to the light — is always eGriz. Danke Herr Big.

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:

Alles Gute.

Gunter glieben glauchen globen!

(Authentic Def Leppard gibberish)

horribilisfan8184 said:
bgbigdog said:

Alles Gute.

Gunter glieben glauchen globen!

(Authentic Def Leppard gibberish)

Not Gibberish. Gunter believes in the world. Loose translation Globen is globes or the world according to my Hamburg-born mother-in-law. Shhhh. She's drinking schnaps now. No more questions or translations until after dinner. Danke.

Still not a solid QB room, same non producing oline coach had duties reduced yet cashes the check, reshuffle of deck chairs/coaches to keep buddies employed, still not enough beef on interior dline.......so I guess you haven't missed much so most likely another year of the Cats doing better and no championships of any type, as many realists have come to expect (and sadly many suckups are ok with) Bobby 2.0 the sequel that flopped , by the way it is rated R for being able to use the F word as every form of speech by coaches to show how manly they are and in order to somehow help make players better.

Ursus1 said:
Still not a solid QB room, same non producing oline coach had duties reduced yet cashes the check, reshuffle of deck chairs/coaches to keep buddies employed, still not enough beef on interior dline.......so I guess you haven't missed much so most likely another year of the Cats doing better and no championships of any type, as many realists have come to expect (and sadly many suckups are ok with) Bobby 2.0 the sequel that flopped , by the way it is rated R for being able to use the F word as every form of speech by coaches to show how manly they are and in order to somehow help make players better.
Bobby obv refused your advances. This is the cause for the grudge, amirite?

Ursus1 said:

If the Griz have a good qb, then the team will be very good. I could see another qb coming in, if only for depth. The offensive line will be very good. The o-line coach is very good. There are 3 new coaches, all of whom are familiar with the team and the coaching staff. This is a positive. The d-line has a lot of talent and young talent, even if there's not enough beef. Moving coaches around has them in better positions now. Having new Coordinators has the potential to improve things. Have T. Hauck as an analyst is terrific. Bobby 2.0 has done well, although losing Johnson for critical games caused the last season to be disappointing. With a fully healthy Johnson, the Griz probably would have been a semi-final team. Yes, the Cat game was a disaster. Yes, the D gave up way too many long runs against NDSU. Yes, the back-up qb's weren't good enough to carry the day in place of Johnson. The '23 has a lot of talent including younger guys. I can't wait to see what they can do.

Back