• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

Bok_Choi said:
HookedonGriz said:
I like this a lot. Kid has a ton of potential. Former 3 star and starter.

Nothng not to like. :thumb: :clap:
Other than the fact he's been injured every year. I think we've learned that's important.

uofmman1122 said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/chance_main/status/1640790128431104000?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ
Would be a huge get for us.

Offered by the old UIW coach at TSU. GJ Kinne gutted UIW's top talent after he left.
Colorado was his most recent team, i wonder if Kinne was an assistant while Mr Main was at the Word.
And after some quick research, no overlap at UIW, maybe Kinne brought some assistants with a connection.

kemajic said:
Bok_Choi said:
Nothng not to like. :thumb: :clap:
Other than the fact he's been injured every year. I think we've learned that's important.

Have we had a starting QB that HASN’T been injured in the past 5 years? I don’t think so…nor in the several years before that…

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Have we had a starting QB that HASN’T been injured in the past 5 years? I don’t think so…nor in the several years before that…
Dalton Sneed started every game in 2018 and threw for less than 200 yards in only one.

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/chance_main/status/1640790128431104000?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ

Apparently he was on season 4 of Last Chance U. I don't remember him, I'll have to rewatch.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

The only seasons since 2009 that we had the same starter healthy for every game were 2013 with JJ and 2018 with Sneed.

dirtysoup said:
grizfan1984 said:

Apparently he was on season 4 of Last Chance U. I don't remember him, I'll have to rewatch.

So I did a quick check and he's featured on episode 3 of season 4. Profiles him a bit. Injured his back in the game.

Dalton's out of eligibility and we salute him for everything he did. He had one relatively injury free season and one, not so much. Montana has had a starter go the distance four times in the past fifteen or more seasons. I think those of you math-inclined types can do a better job than me parsing trends on how this may have impacted the seasons. I think some may be missing the point however.

This kid was invited to Missoula because (1) the coaches know what they have behind Vidlak. He's certainly an injury risk, but (2) the coaches know what they have behind Vidlak, and perhaps as importantly, (3) the coaches know what they have besides Vidlak. I'm the last guy to cut this coaching staff a break, but this kid is looking like a possibility because they believe the know what they've got besides Vidlak.

Maybe he doesn't stick. Maybe someone else comes in later. Clock's ticking, like it or not. Coaching staff gets it. I can't fault but bobby for looking to better them at any position through the portal, particularly QB. It's the most important position on the field. What I do know with certainty is that sitting on his hands in the two years prior didn't work.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
The QB position would officially come OFF my list of concerns if he were to sign.
You're big on injury-prone QBs?
While he does have a track record of injuries that doesn't mean he will get injured this season. Certainly that would be the conclusion that everyone would like to draw though. I will say though, I haven't had a chance to go watch practice and see Vidlak in person but logic would say Vidlak will be QB1 and Jordan would be QB2 since Vidlak has been here for Spring Ball. The only way Jordan could possibly get hurt is if he is thrust into action which would imply Vidlak would have to get hurt. All I know is we need a capable backup and we would have that with Jordan.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
The only seasons since 2009 that we had the same starter healthy for every game were 2013 with JJ and 2018 with Sneed.

Exactly. So dissing a guy with a terrific skill set because “he’s always injured” seems disingenuous. ALL our QB’s get injured…but if HE gets injured, I guess he’s just “injury prone”… :lol:

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
While he does have a track record of injuries that doesn't mean he will get injured this season. Certainly that would be the conclusion that everyone would like to draw though. I will say though, I haven't had a chance to go watch practice and see Vidlak in person but logic would say Vidlak will be QB1 and Jordan would be QB2 since Vidlak has been here for Spring Ball. The only way Jordan could possibly get hurt is if he is thrust into action which would imply Vidlak would have to get hurt. All I know is we need a capable backup and we would have that with Jordan.

My sentiments exactly. Would go a long ways towards quelling my primary criticism of Hauck’s staff the past couple of seasons…

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

No, I’m big on having two capable QB’s on the roster at the same time. :thumb:

Sure, but what about the line of great QBs with DI experience and no injury issues standing at the Missoula city limits just waiting to be waived in?

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
No, I’m big on having two capable QB’s on the roster at the same time. :thumb:

Sure, but what about the line of great QBs with DI experience and no injury issues standing at the Missoula city limits just waiting to be waived in?

Well they’ll just have to wait their turn, won’t they? :twisted:

Back