• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 University of Montana Men's Basketball Recruiting

I think it is a moderator issue. This forum isn't trafficked much by the mods, and since I am not one (nor am I politicking to be one), I can't freely sticky anything. I'd like the power to just freely sticky things in here, but again don't want to be saddled with the other non-sense. Had that job on maroonblood, not worth the money they paid (nothing lol).

Payton is the one that asked for help, three years ago with the the recruiting thread. I took it over along with the womens (sort of, as OregonState, has spearheaded that effort) and started transfer tracker.

Grizfan-24 said:
I think it is a moderator issue. This forum isn't trafficked much by the mods, and since I am not one (nor am I politicking to be one), I can't freely sticky anything. I'd like the power to just freely sticky things in here, but again don't want to be saddled with the other non-sense. Had that job on maroonblood, not worth the money they paid (nothing lol).

Payton is the one that asked for help, three years ago with the the recruiting thread. I took it over along with the womens (sort of, as OregonState, has spearheaded that effort) and started transfer tracker.

It would seem to me that you’re a reasonable enough poster to be granted the “sticky” power without having to worry about policing the B Ball forum. After all it’s about a million times more peaceful over here then on the football site.

Grizfan-24 said:
Peoples might get a look as a walk on at either UM/MSU. I haven't heard much at all this year and that was the gist of what I got from a few people last year. He's got to put on some weight and strength as noted. He does remind me a bit of Criswell in HS, but like a lot of the MT HS guards in recent years it has been the athleticism and not skill that has kept them from getting looks by the UM/MSU staff.

Peoples has a good as chance as any this year but I just don't know the level of interest he's receiving, as I have heard crickets most of the year. Fischer Brown is the kid in the 2024 class with the best possible chance of landing on either roster at the UM or MSU.
The four best players in the state this year, I believe were 1. Brown 2. Robinson (both at Fergus) 3. Peoples 4. Dick 5. Either Love or Hunter. Brown is the only one that can go DI.

I have watched both Brown and Peoples several times. In my opinion, Brown was the best player in the state this year and will be back next year to add to his accomplishments. He dislocated his thumb (interior dislocation) a week before the State A Tournament, taped it up, played in pain, and played very well. His defense and rebounding really improved and he is flat a natural scorer. His big hold back is body weight but in talking to him, he is working with a dietician and trainer and is going to really focus on gaining weight. 6'5 and about 160 lbs on a good day, he needs more. Tons of potential and his stepdad told me this fall that he went toe to toe with top recruit Liam Campbell in AAU game last year and held himself just fine. His grandpa was a griz great in the 60's I remember watching him score 30+ against the Cats and his dad played for the Cats. Was told Fischer likes both programs and really wants to play DI. We wondered what his scoring would have been like if he didn't have Robinson getting 20+points a game also.

Dougie can really take it to the hole and has decent range. His knock is can he defend at the college level and is he athletic enough? Some frontier conference schools like him, and others seem to shy away. Seems like a good kid from a good family, but now the rubber hits the road for a lot of these Seniors, and they are either disappointed in their choices or have no choices at all. Top NAIA College of Idaho is really courting Dougie, according to folks close to him. He apparently has an AAU connection to the coach.

The portal is making it really tough for these young kids to get any looks and reading the 406 article on TD, it is obvious that the griz probably won't be giving any MT kids a sniff.

centralmtfan said:
Grizfan-24 said:
Peoples might get a look as a walk on at either UM/MSU. I haven't heard much at all this year and that was the gist of what I got from a few people last year. He's got to put on some weight and strength as noted. He does remind me a bit of Criswell in HS, but like a lot of the MT HS guards in recent years it has been the athleticism and not skill that has kept them from getting looks by the UM/MSU staff.

Peoples has a good as chance as any this year but I just don't know the level of interest he's receiving, as I have heard crickets most of the year. Fischer Brown is the kid in the 2024 class with the best possible chance of landing on either roster at the UM or MSU.
The four best players in the state this year, I believe were 1. Brown 2. Robinson (both at Fergus) 3. Peoples 4. Dick 5. Either Love or Hunter. Brown is the only one that can go DI.

I have watched both Brown and Peoples several times. In my opinion, Brown was the best player in the state this year and will be back next year to add to his accomplishments. He dislocated his thumb (interior dislocation) a week before the State A Tournament, taped it up, played in pain, and played very well. His defense and rebounding really improved and he is flat a natural scorer. His big hold back is body weight but in talking to him, he is working with a dietician and trainer and is going to really focus on gaining weight. 6'5 and about 160 lbs on a good day, he needs more. Tons of potential and his stepdad told me this fall that he went toe to toe with top recruit Liam Campbell in AAU game last year and held himself just fine. His grandpa was a griz great in the 60's I remember watching him score 30+ against the Cats and his dad played for the Cats. Was told Fischer likes both programs and really wants to play DI. We wondered what his scoring would have been like if he didn't have Robinson getting 20+points a game also.

Dougie can really take it to the hole and has decent range. His knock is can he defend at the college level and is he athletic enough? Some frontier conference schools like him, and others seem to shy away. Seems like a good kid from a good family, but now the rubber hits the road for a lot of these Seniors, and they are either disappointed in their choices or have no choices at all. Top NAIA College of Idaho is really courting Dougie, according to folks close to him. He apparently has an AAU connection to the coach.

The portal is making it really tough for these young kids to get any looks and reading the 406 article on TD, it is obvious that the griz probably won't be giving any MT kids a sniff.

Peoples is not getting recruited by the Griz or the Cats mainly due to a lack of defense is my understanding. sounds like he is going to play for the college of Idaho who just won the NAIA national championship. He will do very well there. Brown is also a good player but I heard the huge knock on him is also from the defensive side all of these kids can shoot and score but D1 coaches want them playing elite defense, especially Decuire and Sprinkle. I would also argue that brown was able to score like he did because of Robinson being such another huge threat. Defenses couldn’t focus all their efforts on one player like they did Peoples. Fisher is going to need to step up his game on defense big time and he’s going to need to get bigger and stronger to have a chance at that level.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:
Tell me the last time you saw them in the tournament :roll:

:roll:
Dude stop! They’re historically terrible. Just because they had one year where they were better then us does not mean they’re a better program then us. I will guarantee you we have a better season then them next year!

Back