• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vigen addresses Zac Crews' 'horrible mistake,' walk-on opportunity

Griz Addict said:
RABIDAWG said:
No one here was ever young & dumb in the past? Most of you are truly douches. Good grief, those of us back in the 60’s-70’s were truly out of bounds, but thankfully no internet. We learned, mellowed, & grew up.

A lot were young and dumb but, this is a case of young and racist. Big difference.

Unfortunately calling people "racist" has become a political tool that is so overused that it does not carry the clout that it used to or should. Being judgmental against someone who you don't know seems to make miserable people feel good for about 2 seconds

wyomingriz said:
Griz Addict said:
Or they pull an Antonio Brown, get a 100 chances and feel invisible and then enable yourself to become the ultimate douche.

Chances lead to beliefs that they can do bad things and get away with it.

Thank god you are not a high school coach

+1 I second that!

Griz Addict said:
wyomingriz said:
Good point! Personally, i too would be extremely disappointed at my son take and take a hard look at myself as a father as well. In the end we want our kids to learn from mistakes, not repeat them, and become better for it. There are many examples of young people, especially in pro sports, who did stupid things, got a second chance and proved themselves

Second chances rarely lead to beliefs that kids can get away with it. Do you really think that his second chance at MSU will lead him to think he can get away with what he did? What planet are you from? Even a second chance walk-on opportunity to UM would not have lead to him thinking he can get away with it.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz Addict said:

Second chances rarely lead to beliefs that kids can get away with it. Do you really think that his second chance at MSU will lead him to think he can get away with what he did? What planet are you from? Even a second chance walk-on opportunity to UM would not have lead to him thinking he can get away with it.

exactly!

wyomingriz said:
Griz Addict said:
A lot were young and dumb but, this is a case of young and racist. Big difference.

Unfortunately calling people "racist" has become a political tool that is so overused that it does not carry the clout that it used to or should. Being judgmental against someone who you don't know seems to make miserable people feel good for about 2 seconds

IDK, man. I can't really think of a more racist message that was admittedly an "inside joke". If I were a betting man, I would say that probably wasn't the first use of that word that day. But, who knows?

Glad he's getting a chance to play close to home. Glad it isn't at The University of Montana. So ends my participation in this thread.

wyomingriz said:
Griz Addict said:
Or they pull an Antonio Brown, get a 100 chances and feel invisible and then enable yourself to become the ultimate douche.

Thank god you are not a high school coach
Who among the Egriz faithful hasn't wished to have a hundred chances to feel invisible?

CDAGRIZ said:
Glad he's getting a chance to play close to home. Glad it isn't at The University of Montana. So ends my participation in this thread.

Don't stop there, make it your participation on eGriz. You show your true colors. You belong on BobcatNation. Scat cat!

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don't stop there, make it your participation on eGriz. You show your true colors. You belong on BobcatNation. Scat cat!

You’re suggesting the best poster on the board leave and post on bcn? Maybe mix in a water with those other drinks occasionally.

Spoken like a thoroughly professional alcoholic. :thumb: Thank you for your advice. Your self professed accomplishments in this area are well known on eGriz. How many times through the Schick? I had to look up Schick Shadel to see what they are about. Aversion Therapy doesn't work for everyone, does it? At least your reading comprehension skills are basically intact. Yes, anyone who claims to be a Griz fan/alum that comes up with what he did("Glad it isn't at The University of Montana") should go somewhere he will be appreciated, like BN. He probably already is, just under another username. Whatever. I will miss his humor. World class. :clap:

mthoopsfan said:
Griz Addict said:

Well he did get away with it. He's going to still be playing football and most likely end up on a scholarship, eventually. I should have been more clear in my statement, it doesn't always lead to that but, it does happen a lot. Many people get second chances and shit it away. It really depends on the person and how they perceive it. This is reality. If you let someone borrow money and they don't pay you back, do you let them borrow again in the future or do you learn your lesson? There's all so r ts of people that will claim they've changed and beg for more chances and in reality they're manipulating you and have no interest in actually changing. If you haven't figured this out yet, you must live under a rock.

Another example, if you have a business and keep letting people call off with no consequence, are they going to magically just start showing up or do you set an example that it won't be tolerated? Statements must be made or you'll keep getting walked on.

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:

Well he did get away with it. He's going to still be playing football and most likely end up on a scholarship, eventually. I should have been more clear in my statement, it doesn't always lead to that but, it does happen a lot. Many people get second chances and poop it away. It really depends on the person and how they perceive it. This is reality. If you let someone borrow money and they don't pay you back, do you let them borrow again in the future or do you learn your lesson? There's all so r ts of people that will claim they've changed and beg for more chances and in reality they're manipulating you and have no interest in actually changing. If you haven't figured this out yet, you must live under a rock.

Another example, if you have a business and keep letting people call off with no consequence, are they going to magically just start showing up or do you set an example that it won't be tolerated? Statements must be made or you'll keep getting walked on.

Crews didn’t get away with it. He lost his scholarship and ability to play UM. He lost a year. He still doesn’t have a scholarship. His reputation is tarnished.

The 2 examples you cites are not mistakes. They are not like Crews’ situation.

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:

Well he did get away with it. He's going to still be playing football and most likely end up on a scholarship, eventually. I should have been more clear in my statement, it doesn't always lead to that but, it does happen a lot. Many people get second chances and poop it away. It really depends on the person and how they perceive it. This is reality. If you let someone borrow money and they don't pay you back, do you let them borrow again in the future or do you learn your lesson? There's all so r ts of people that will claim they've changed and beg for more chances and in reality they're manipulating you and have no interest in actually changing. If you haven't figured this out yet, you must live under a rock.

What? You insinuate he had no consequences, he missed a year, lost his scholarship(still doesn’t have one) and had to change schools. Your examples allude to him NOT learning from his mistakes , do you have evidence that he hasn’t? Or, are giving general advice for egrizzers? Strange examples

wyomingriz said:
Griz Addict said:

What? You insinuate he had no consequences, he missed a year, lost his scholarship(still doesn’t have one) and had to change schools. Your examples allude to him NOT learning from his mistakes , do you have evidence that he hasn’t? Or, are giving general advice for egrizzers? Strange examples

...he's totally clueless like many others...he's a good kid a great student and from a avid Griz family that
have now become avid Bobcat fans...according to some self -righteous chosen ones you cant make
stupid mistakes'...never because they lived the perfect life...its so ridiculous many have become! I
grow up in sports like many, many of stupid and dumb things have been said and done..we just
didn't have social media to hang us!

Oh, I’ve made mistakes. I once wore mismatched socks to a job interview, for God’s sake.

Know what I’ve never done, though? Called anyone the N word. Because that’s not a mistake. That’s racism, and racism is NEVER a mistake.

Now, like CDA, I’ve made my final post on this thread.

EverettGriz said:
Oh, I’ve made mistakes. I once wore mismatched socks to a job interview, for God’s sake.

Know what I’ve never done, though? Called anyone the N word. Because that’s not a mistake. That’s racism, and racism is NEVER a mistake.

Crews didn’t call anyone the N word. He wrote the word to a white friend.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"

EverettGriz said:

It's like s e x ual harassment. Its how it is perceived by an individual. I have friends and relatives who are white, and use the word with their black friends - who don't perceive it as racist coming from a friend. But if I used it to their same friends, it would be considered rascist. I never have understood that logic.

:roll: OFFS!
I bit my tongue when the doctor made a similar post in this thread previously, and now an engineer tried it. I thought you guys were smarter than this?
If you ever find yourself writing “my black friend(s)” in a post, stop, delete post, and back away from the thread. There is no context for such a discussion because you will never have such context. You cannot speak on this topic so why the hell are you trying?
10,000 years of oppression does not simply disappear because you once brought a tuna casserole to the pot-luck block party

ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

It's like s e x ual harassment. Its how it is perceived by an individual. I have friends and relatives who are white, and use the word with their black friends - who don't perceive it as racist coming from a friend. But if I used it to their same friends, it would be considered rascist. I never have understood that logic.

This is an interview with an ASU prof who teaches a course on the N-Word. He believes the word is horrible, BUT....

"The n-word is unique in the English language. On one hand, it is the ultimate insult—a word that has tormented generations of African Americans. Yet over time, it has become a popular term of endearment by the descendants of the very people who once had to endure it. Among many young people today—Black and white—the n-word can mean friend."

https://www.learningforjustice.org/magazine/fall-2011/straight-talk-about-the-nword

garizzalies said:
:roll: OFFS!
I bit my tongue when the doctor made a similar post in this thread previously, and now an engineer tried it. I thought you guys were smarter than this?
If you ever find yourself writing “my black friend(s)” in a post, stop, delete post, and back away from the thread. There is no context for such a discussion because you will never have such context. You cannot speak on this topic so why the hell are you trying?
10,000 years of oppression does not simply disappear because you once brought a tuna casserole to the pot-luck block party

If you are referring to me, I take it literacy is not your forte. Read closely my very first sentence. At no point did I write, or even suggest "my black friends". In fact I stated the exact opposite. I personally never use the word among any of my friends or relatives.

Do you speak for every minority in this country? Morgan Freeman has some great views on this topic.

ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

Just stop

Back