• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Julius Mimms

oldrunner

I saw where this young man has committed to Imaho. I think he came out of a Montana HS. He has some fairly good stats coming out of his JC in Northern Idaho. Just wondering what you all thought of him coming out of HS and why UM or MSU didn't offer this kid?

oldrunner said:
I saw where this young man has committed to Imaho. I think he came out of a Montana HS. He has some fairly good stats coming out of his JC in Northern Idaho. Just wondering what you all thought of him coming out of HS and why UM or MSU didn't offer this kid?

Naia is the right level for him. He will do well there.

HookedonGriz said:
oldrunner said:

Are you saying that Idaho is NAIA level?

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

They seem to be happy getting him to UI. His stats would tell me that he will be a good player for them. He is quite athletic. He high jumped 6'10'' in high school. He probably wasn't highly recruited due to his slender build and there may have been some other issues that we are not aware of. He averaged 16.9 ppg, 9.9 rpg, with shooting splits of 58.3/41.3/69.3. He also had nearly 2 blocked shots per game. I think he is better than NAIA. He will do well at UI, IMHO.

oldrunner said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
They seem to be happy getting him to UI. His stats would tell me that he will be a good player for them. He is quite athletic. He high jumped 6'10'' in high school. He probably wasn't highly recruited due to his slender build and there may have been some other issues that we are not aware of. He averaged 16.9 ppg, 9.9 rpg, with shooting splits of 58.3/41.3/69.3. He also had nearly 2 blocked shots per game. I think he is better than NAIA. He will do well at UI, IMHO.
I'm pretty sure his dad is Jaysun Mims who played at MSU-Billings. And his sister Taylor might be one of the best volleyball players ever in the state. She was All PAC 12 at Washington State.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

My bad I thought I read an article saying he was going NAIA. I definitely stand by that assessment though…I think he would do very well in NAIA and I don’t think he will light it up in D1

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

My bad I thought I read an article saying he was going NAIA. I definitely stand by that assessment though…I think he would do very well in NAIA and I don’t think he will light it up in D1
Just because he will play for your rival and comes from your back yard, doesn't make him a poor player. He will probably light it up when they play the Griz.

oldrunner said:
HookedonGriz said:
Just because he will play for your rival and comes from your back yard, doesn't make him a poor player. He will probably light it up when they play the Griz.

I wonder if he will do some high jump too?

UncleRico said:
oldrunner said:

I wonder if he will do some high jump too?
Probably, every time Whitney attempts to dunk it. :lol:

oldrunner said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yea, cause that’s what I said isn’t it? Let’s read what I wrote and try again.

There’s a reason the Griz and Cats and other area D1 teams didn’t pick him up out of HS. I can’t help you any more than that.

Back