• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akem

Maybe Cookus refuses to throw to Akem. Grudge holder, from getting tossed out of WGS for targeting. Hmmm.

3-7-77 said:
Maybe Cookus refuses to throw to Akem. Grudge holder, from getting tossed out of WGS for targeting. Hmmm.

Hopefully they’ll get on the same page by June 3rd cus I plan on going to Birmingham when Philly comes to town and of course I’ll be wearing my Griz Gear.

Watched Philly and New Jersey (Dakota Prukop, others) over the last two weeks. That sparked interest to check out all the USFL rosters. Here's a thread:

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1650679222481063937

Watched last night. Did not see his number out there. He needs to get his agent working on another contract with some other team!

Havre66 said:
Watched last night. Did not see his number out there. He needs to get his agent working on another contract with some other team!

Didn’t see him? He had a TD and forced fumble….you sure you were watching the right game?

AZGrizFan said:
Havre66 said:

Didn’t see him? He had a TD and forced fumble….you sure you were watching the right game?

Yep, and the announcers gave the GRIZ some love also.

Yukon said:
He's looking good. Bit larger human than when he was at UM.

I think that might be an optical illusion by the jersey. I'm sure he has still been in the weight room, but I talked to him just a few months ago and he didn't look any bigger in person.

Former Griz Bart Andrus coaches the Philly Stars. One of his UM teammates recommended Akem to him. Andrus coached the Amsterdam Admirals when former UM kicker Chris Snyder played there. Andrus' daughter, from Big Fork, did track for UM. Andrus and Marty Morninweg were qb's at the same time at UM.

Back