• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana @ Idaho ESPN 2

grizcountry420 said:
Looks like they are releasing general public single tickets on July 17th according to their website.

Bumping…This is important. Want to see a lot of Maroon. It’s their homecoming too.

Da Boyz Mom said:
#15 Fan said:
Pretty sure the game is 8:30 mountain, 7:30 pacific

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. 7:30 Pacific/8:30 Mountain is 9:30 Central Time and 10:30 Eastern. My point is that not everyone lives in Pacific or Mountain Time zones. Those of us who live further east will have to stay up very late to watch, which doesn't make me happy.

My bad, reading is tough for me sometimes :?

#15 Fan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. 7:30 Pacific/8:30 Mountain is 9:30 Central Time and 10:30 Eastern. My point is that not everyone lives in Pacific or Mountain Time zones. Those of us who live further east will have to stay up very late to watch, which doesn't make me happy.

My bad, reading is tough for me sometimes :?

No worries. 😁

That Stein, that GD Stein!
Meanwhile, back in Missoula...
"I want that Stein so badly, I can taste it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBInZrRx5c

uofmman1122 said:
Whoever is at ESPN clearly hates us.

This is getting fudge ridiculous.

Let me guess, Bozeman got a home game again?

Don't you get tired of playing the victim? During our 20 years of dominance, we wouldn't care who the opponent was, or where the game was played. We knew we would win anyway.

Now, we have wait for the Big Sky schedules to come-out, and base our expectations on how easy or difficult the schedule is. I'd love to see your definition of DOMINANCE. Bobby's too. My how things have changed.

thirdandlong said:
uofmman1122 said:

Don't you get tired of playing the victim? During our 20 years of dominance, we wouldn't care who the opponent was, or where the game was played. We knew we would win anyway.

Now, we have wait for the Big Sky schedules to come-out, and base our expectations on how easy or difficult the schedule is. I'd love to see your definition of DOMINANCE. Bobby's too. My how things have changed.
Yeah, we sure didn’t care about where we played when we were dominant, as long as it was at home in the playoffs. Nothing says dominance like a 2-9 road playoff record. Sure seems like it mattered back then just as much as it matters now. Funny how we also didn’t have to play multiple top 25 big sky teams every season back then, either. Glad you can recognize that things have changed. :thumb:

thirdandlong said:
uofmman1122 said:

Schedules impact every college football program. Nothing new there. Schedules of unequal conferences impact results more.

Did you really think 1122 was serious about ESPN having a thing for UM?

uofmman1122 said:
thirdandlong said:

Yeah, we sure didn’t care about where we played when we were dominant, as long as it was at home in the playoffs. Nothing says dominance like a 2-9 road playoff record. Sure seems like it mattered back then just as much as it matters now. Funny how we also didn’t have to play multiple top 25 big sky teams every season back then, either. Glad you can recognize that things have changed. :thumb:
Nice spin job, and 100% B.S. We dominated our conference every season, and went deep into the playoffs most years, also winning two NCs.

Another participation trophy fan, happy with 6th place conference finishes, yearly butt-pounding by the Cats, buying our way into the playoffs with a guaranteed first-round home game, then getting embarrassed when we have to play a real contender.

Nothing will change until we hire a new staff who can recruit up to the incredible recruiting advantages we enjoy. Just the facts.

thirdandlong said:
uofmman1122 said:
Nice spin job, and 100% B.S. We dominated our conference every season, and went deep into the playoffs most years, also winning two NCs.

Another participation trophy fan, happy with 6th place conference finishes, yearly butt-pounding by the Cats, buying our way into the playoffs with a guaranteed first-round home game, then getting embarrassed when we have to play a real contender.

Nothing will change until we hire a new staff who can recruit up to the incredible recruiting advantages we enjoy. Just the facts.

I remember when you could buy a frankfurter for a nickel at the malt shop and Mr. Hooper would serve it with a smile. Nowadays people just tweet them to their door while sitting on their Davenports watching the boob tube. Whole world’s gone crazy!

thirdandlong said:
uofmman1122 said:

If UM changed staffs, things would get worse and less money would be raised. 6th, 9th and 14th in the nation is in the ballpark.

mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:

Schedules impact every college football program. Nothing new there. Schedules of unequal conferences impact results more.

Did you really think 1122 was serious about ESPN having a thing for UM?
Yeah, it was simply frustration at seeing us once again featured on ESPN2, but once again playing on the road. It does make more sense that it turned out that way after looking at the schedule and other available games. Still sucks, though.

The only thing important in all of this is winning the game. Recruiting players to the program gets a hell of a lot easier when the program wins, regardless of the venue.

What style of offense do the vandals run? Heavy short passing game? My memory is their QB is a very accurate passer. Some young kid who came out of nowhere.

BillingsMafia said:
What style of offense do the vandals run? Heavy short passing game? My memory is their QB is a very accurate passer. Some young kid who came out of nowhere.

Possession variations on a west coast theme. Think old Forty-Niners. He was the freshman of the year in the division. Doesn't hurt that he is throwing to the two best receivers in the conference when he needs to go downfield. Huddle and take just as much time off the clock as you can manage. Roll up the first downs on the way downfield, score, and do your best to limit the other team's possessions. If you can play a little defense, so much the better. The sad reality is that he played against Montana the year prior couldn't find his proverbial... with both hands. Eck is a dam good coach because he brought a guy from SDSU to be the heir apparent, who wound up holding a clipboard. That freshman seemed to be able to take coaching and development for some unknown reason.

Back