• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 University of Montana Men's Basketball Recruiting

Griz til I die said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Dude stop! They’re historically terrible. Just because they had one year where they were better then us does not mean they’re a better program then us. I will guarantee you we have a better season then them next year!

Montana may win more games, but that will have more to do with a less than mediocre BSC. For as poor as the BSC was last season, it currently looks next season it will be even less talented. I think it would be difficult to argue that the Griz are even as good as they were last season. I for one don't see the allure of UM over a school like Charlotte for a young man that has no previous connection to the school, state, or coaches. I would argue that the current Griz style of play doesn't do it any favors attracting kids either. So I suggest taking off those maroon colored glasses once in awhile.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:
Dude stop! They’re historically terrible. Just because they had one year where they were better then us does not mean they’re a better program then us. I will guarantee you we have a better season then them next year!

Montana may win more games, but that will have more to do with a less than mediocre BSC. For as poor as the BSC was last season, it currently looks next season it will be even less talented. I think it would be difficult to argue that the Griz are even as good as they were last season.

I would agree with all of these points, but would like to know why you think the BSC was poor last year?

Back to recruiting - hopefully this doesn't turn into Rollie Worster part 2:

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1652068131064672256?s=20

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Not sure the talent is anywhere near the same for it to be a "Wooster" event.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Great kid, great family. If he shows the same enthusiasm as his sister is displaying for the Lady Griz. He will be an asset to the Team.

I have watched Conner play several times. Nice player, but I don't see him as elite. I think he will be like the Ash kid on the Cats team. A good, high-quality kid, decent player, but will spend a bunch of time on the bench. I wish him the best.

centralmtfan said:
I have watched Conner play several times. Nice player, but I don't see him as elite. I think he will be like the Ash kid on the Cats team. A good, high-quality kid, decent player, but will spend a bunch of time on the bench. I wish him the best.

Very athletic left hand dominant. Dominated several games I watched including state title game. He won't be a UM "one or two and done" like lots of full scholarship guys that keep leaving before hitting the floor in a game. Don't count him out.

Sounded like the One Day Elite camp had some good players there. The two MT kids that did well were Fischer Brown of Lewistown and Quin from Frenchtown. It sounded like Fischer had a really strong day all around. I saw a clip of him shooting threes that was pretty impressive. Quin has potential at 6'7 or 6'8.

Brown's stepdad told me, once, that Fischer really likes the campus, facilities, and offerings at U of M. Central MT may be bias, but he will clearly be the best player in MT next year and definitely has the pedigree and ability to represent MT in the Big Sky Conference. From what I have met of him, great kid, works hard, high basketball IQ, and loves to play basketball. My niece tells me that he is determined to show people he can play well at the D1 level. Lewistown Coach Sparks made a comment that he saw Fischer make 60 3's in a two-minute drill and had to change the name of the drill because 22 in 2 didn't work anymore. His defense is sneaky good, he makes up for his thin build with smart play. We hope he continues to impress and the Griz give him strong consideration, he is very popular over here!

Seems like the men's Griz basketball staff have offered twenty or so potentials but the women's coaching staff has but two offers? Must be some more but unreported?

centralmtfan said:
Sounded like the One Day Elite camp had some good players there. The two MT kids that did well were Fischer Brown of Lewistown and Quin from Frenchtown. It sounded like Fischer had a really strong day all around. I saw a clip of him shooting threes that was pretty impressive. Quin has potential at 6'7 or 6'8.

Brown's stepdad told me, once, that Fischer really likes the campus, facilities, and offerings at U of M. Central MT may be bias, but he will clearly be the best player in MT next year and definitely has the pedigree and ability to represent MT in the Big Sky Conference. From what I have met of him, great kid, works hard, high basketball IQ, and loves to play basketball. My niece tells me that he is determined to show people he can play well at the D1 level. Lewistown Coach Sparks made a comment that he saw Fischer make 60 3's in a two-minute drill and had to change the name of the drill because 22 in 2 didn't work anymore. His defense is sneaky good, he makes up for his thin build with smart play. We hope he continues to impress and the Griz give him strong consideration, he is very popular over here!

Being a Lewistown guy and knowing many of the mentioned people well there, I’d love to see this. Haven’t spoken to anyone there, but second hand agree with this.

Back