• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Idaho Regular Season Predictions

VandalPride97 said:
While I hope we win every game, there are really only 2 that I give a crap about. We need to slay the puss and pound the griz. I'll be rooting for you guys every game not involving Idaho. Against us, I want to crush your team, see your fans driven before us and hear the lamentations of your unshaven wimminz.

Good luck this year and screw the cats.

I used to hope for the Vandulls to become relevant again, as I felt a relevant UI football program would be helpful to the BSC…but then I had a Vandull fan actually tweet me that “you guys aren’t EVER beating the Vandulls during the Eck era”…and now I just want you to lose every fucking game.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
I'll take Idaho and bet the under here against Nevada.
Their ball-control offense is going to be a problem for every one of their opponents this year. And, their defense will stay off the field for most of the game meaning opponents' points will be hard to come by late in games.

10-1 is not a huge stretch in my mind.

10-1 is a huge stretch for any team not named NDSU or SDSU, IMHO.

Idaho's formula mimics those teams in many ways - ball control - limiting opponents opportunities to score and solid defense kept fresh by said control.

But, their schedule is crazy indeed...

AZGrizFan said:
VandalPride97 said:
While I hope we win every game, there are really only 2 that I give a crap about. We need to slay the puss and pound the griz. I'll be rooting for you guys every game not involving Idaho. Against us, I want to crush your team, see your fans driven before us and hear the lamentations of your unshaven wimminz.

Good luck this year and screw the cats.

I used to hope for the Vandulls to become relevant again, as I felt a relevant UI football program would be helpful to the BSC…but then I had a Vandull fan actually tweet me that “you guys aren’t EVER beating the Vandulls during the Eck era”…and now I just want you to lose every fudge game.

That's a lot of butthurt you got working over a text message. Day drinking?

VandalPride97 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I used to hope for the Vandulls to become relevant again, as I felt a relevant UI football program would be helpful to the BSC…but then I had a Vandull fan actually tweet me that “you guys aren’t EVER beating the Vandulls during the Eck era”…and now I just want you to lose every fudge game.

VandalPride, tell us what your thoughts are on the 2023 Idaho Football team. Is 10-1 realistic or is that too high?

https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1666491968665313305?s=61&t=jO3r2x6rhZ1YYbu1GuV9ww

bgbigdog said:
https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1666491968665313305?s=61&t=jO3r2x6rhZ1YYbu1GuV9ww
Yeah, I see a lot of similarities between this Idaho team and the 2019 UC Davis team.

VandalPride97 said:
AZGrizFan said:

That reminds me, you better prepare your bunghole. We are coming to town this year and are going to blow out your o-ring like the ‘86 Challenger space shuttle.

VandalPride97 said:
AZGrizFan said:

And that’s a shitload of bravado after ONE singular season above .500.

garizzalies said:
VandalPride97 said:
That reminds me, you better prepare your bunghole. We are coming to town this year and are going to blow out your o-ring like the ‘86 Challenger space shuttle.

Well done.

Griz til I die said:
VandalPride97 said:
VandalPride, tell us what your thoughts are on the 2023 Idaho Football team. Is 10-1 realistic or is that too high?

Who knows. Preseason predictions are iffy at best. My first hope is that we upset Nevada; thereafter I want to beat the Griz and make it to the playoffs.

VandalPride97 said:
Griz til I die said:

Who knows. Preseason predictions are iffy at best. My first hope is that we upset Nevada; thereafter I want to beat the Griz and make it to the playoffs.
Do you ever feel like the handle VandalPride may be a bit of an oxymoron?

kemajic said:
VandalPride97 said:
Do you ever feel like the handle VandalPride may be a bit on an oxymoron?

Negative. Perfectly logical. What is not logical is how those dipships from MSU surpassed Montana academically.

So I'm just going to take on the elephant in the room - what happens when we beat you so bad that the field looks like the Griz version of Jonestown? You know - players scattered around the field haphazardly, fans mortified, your Coach hiding behind a pair of sunglasses, slumped in his chair, limply holding a microphone and telling everyone that it's the apocalypse...

VandalPride97 said:
kemajic said:
Do you ever feel like the handle VandalPride may be a bit on an oxymoron?

Negative. Perfectly logical. What is not logical is how those dipships from MSU surpassed Montana academically.

I like your style. And I think your projections are pretty reasonable for hopes for the season. I'll wish you luck on the Nevada game, and root hard against your team when we play.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
Alright I got a busy day at work tomorrow so I’m gonna post this tonight. This one should be a hot topic around here as there seems to be a lot of disagreement about how good the Vandys will be! I personally think they will be very good. They’re my pick to win the Big Sky. An offense that returns the Jerry Rice award winner in QB Gevani McCoy, and perhaps the top WR in the FCS in Hayden Harris, plus a stout defense and a good head coach! Plus a favorable schedule. Let’s dive in!

August 31 @ Lamar - W. Originally, Idaho had a home game scheduled against D2 Western Oregon, but replaced it with an FCS road game after seeing the importance of playing an all D1 schedule for playoff consideration. The bad news though is they sacrificed a home game in the process giving them a very heavy 7 game road schedule. Good thing Lamar is the worst team in the Southland. They’ll coast in this one!

September 9 @ Nevada - W. I’m calling it. Idaho wins this game! 10 days to prepare for one of the worst Mountain West teams. Incarnate Word beat Nevada last year rather comfortably and I think Idaho could potentially do to Nevada what Weber did to Utah State last year.

September 16 @ CAL - L. I really wanna pull the trigger and pick the upset in this one, but I’m just not quite there yet. I think CAL will be on high alert knowing Idaho beat Nevada the previous week. They could do it, and I won’t be surprised if they do, but for now I’m gonna say they lose a close one!

September 23 vs. Sacramento State - W. Idaho finally plays their home opener 4 weeks into the season. 3 really tough games in a row. Sac State plays Stanford the week before so back to back road games could be tough for Sac, but Idahos at home and they have the better team!

September 30 @ Eastern Washington - W. 4 out of the first 5 games on the road, brutal! Good thing Eastern won’t be very good this year. Idaho smoked them last year, and I see them doing it again this year!

October 7 @ Cal Poly - W. How about 5 of your first 6 games of the year all on the road? My god! By this time they could very well be worn out from all the travel. Look for a close game in this one as they may just be exhausted.

October 14 vs. Montana - W. I’d like to think with the amount of time the Vandys will have spent on the road, that we could jump up and surprise them in the dome, but I think that’s gonna be a lot harder now that this is a prime time game on ESPN2. They will be jacked for this one. They haven’t played on ESPN since 2018 against Florida, and haven’t played at home on ESPN since 2011 against Boise State. Expect a close game in this one, but I think the Vandys pull it out!

October 21 BYE. A late bye week and they’re gonna need it after all of that. A chance to finally spend some time at home.

October 28 vs. Montana State - W. Perfect time to have a bye week with the cats coming to town! Wanna hear how unbalanced the schedules are? Since 2018 when Idaho re-joined the Big Sky, the cats have never played Idaho in Moscow. Both of their prior 2 conference meetings were in Bozeman. The last time they played in Moscow was in 2016 in Choate’s first season when Idaho was still FBS. This is the back end of a 2 game road trip for the cats. They play at Sac State the week before. I like Idaho off a bye week in a close one!

November 4 @ Northern Colorado - W. After not leaving Moscow for 3 weeks, this is a chance to work on some things and blow the doors off a bad opponent. Idaho wins big.

November 11 @ Weber State - W. God the amount of back to back road trips feels flat out inhumane. I bet if these 2 teams played each other last year Idaho would’ve won. I think Webers overrated and Idaho wins this game rather comfortably.

November 18 vs. Idaho State - W. Tune up game for the playoffs before hopefully getting a first round bye.

sure, and the griz were going to win a championship by now. but, but, but....

ElrodGrizzly said:
VandalPride97 said:

I like your style. And I think your projections are pretty reasonable for hopes for the season. I'll wish you luck on the Nevada game, and root hard against your team when we play.

That poster is a jerk. I hope they lose all their games. They may lose half of them. Overrated comes to mind.

VandalPride97 said:
So I'm just going to take on the elephant in the room - what happens when we beat you so bad that the field looks like the Griz version of Jonestown? You know - players scattered around the field haphazardly, fans mortified, your Coach hiding behind a pair of sunglasses, slumped in his chair, limply holding a microphone and telling everyone that it's the apocalypse...
The last time that happened was 1980 so I don't think we need to get overly concerned about the prospect.

I feel that the Taggers caught a few teams off guard last season. Nobody was quite sure what to expect. That won't be happening this year.

Idaho will be good, but certainly not unbeatable. They could finish in the top 4, but I don't see them quite to the level of last years MSU, Sac, Weber, or UM for that matter.

Eck's newness has worn off. Teams will be more prepared for them this time around. They will have at least 4 league loses. 6-5 record as the dust settles on the season.

oldrunner said:
I feel that the Taggers caught a few teams off guard last season. Nobody was quite sure what to expect. That won't be happening this year.

Idaho will be good, but certainly not unbeatable. They could finish in the top 4, but I don't see them quite to the level of last years MSU, Sac, Weber, or UM for that matter.

Eck's newness has worn off. Teams will be more prepared for them this time around. They will have at least 4 league loses. 6-5 record as the dust settles on the season.

Good post. My view too.

Back