• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:
You “don’t see it changing”…are you Nostradumbass?

I'll be honest, I don't see it changing as long as Hauck is our head coach. I don't need to re-hash the reasons, but the #1 reason is recruiting, especially in-state recruiting. The Cats own the state now in recruiting, and unfortunately I don't see that changing under Hauck.

I don't think in-state recruiting is the big issue.

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'll be honest, I don't see it changing as long as Hauck is our head coach. I don't need to re-hash the reasons, but the #1 reason is recruiting, especially in-state recruiting. The Cats own the state now in recruiting, and unfortunately I don't see that changing under Hauck.
You keep saying this but I'm not sure it's true. I've only done one year so far, 2018 Hauck's first year (think he took over around the New Year, so not a full recruiting cycle but pretty close). That year we signed the #1, #2, #4, #5, and #7 ranked players in the state. The Cats got #3, #6, #8, #9, #10. In Cross Country scoring Griz win 19 to 36.

We also stole Braxton Hill at #38

1. Montana. It all comes together
2. Idaho. Still building
3. Davis.
4 Msu. Road woes and internal issues
5. Weber. New staff has a few bumps in the road
6. Sac Lost too much talent and good coach.
Rest is a mess

SaskGriz said:
thirdandlong said:
You keep saying this but I'm not sure it's true. I've only done one year so far, 2018 Hauck's first year (think he took over around the New Year, so not a full recruiting cycle but pretty close). That year we signed the #1, #2, #4, #5, and #7 ranked players in the state. The Cats got #3, #6, #8, #9, #10. In Cross Country scoring Griz win 19 to 36.

2019: We got #2,#3,#6,#7,#11, the Cats got #1, #5, #8,#9, #12 GRIZ 29, CATS 35

We also got Kris Brown at #20 and Ryan Simpson #24

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

As I posted earlier, the Griz had more MT starters than the Cats on last year’s Griz-Cat Game Notes roster by several players, and that didn’t include Bergen who is never listed as a starter.

Again, you are just using your Narrative and incorrect information-facts.

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

Who would win in a game between a program that got all the Montana recruits it targeted, and a program that got all the out-of-state recruits it targeted?

Mavman said:
2. Idaho. Still building
3. Davis.
Rest is a mess
I think you are reading way too much into coach Hill's leaving. Almost our entire coaching staff returns. We lost some good defesive players to BYU, following Hill, but the cupboard was certainly not bair at those positions. The additions and returning players are equal to or better than what we had last year. I'm not saying we will win it all, but I will be surprised if we are not in the top 3 of the BSC. Our O will be better and our D should be about the same. Certainly not a 5th place finish. Our hardest games are on our home turf. :thumb:

SaskGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

2020: We got #1, #2, #6, #15, #18, the Cats got #3, #5, #9, #11, #14 GRIZ 42, CATS 42

The Cats also got the #16 (Connor Ryan) but he and the #14 recruit didn't stick, where as all 5 of the Griz picks are still with the team ( Rostad, Lee, Deck, Grimsrud, and Croy)

SaskGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

2020: We got #1, #2, #6, #15, #18, the Cats got #3, #5, #9, #11, #14 GRIZ 42, CATS 42

The Cats also got the #16 (Connor Ryan) but he and the #14 recruit didn't stick, where as all 5 of the Griz picks are still with the team ( Rostad, Lee, Deck, Grimsrud, and Croy)
2021 Vim switched things up. Instead of ranking players he listed them as; Full ride and Partial, alphabetically by their first name. Of the 7 "Full Rides" they were split; Klucewich, Bergen, and Detrick to the GRIZ, Reynolds, Eiden IV, Daily, to the Cats. Dylan Rollins went to BYU.

Of the Partials: 5 went to the GRIZ and 5 to the Cats, it would have been 6 to the Griz but Camden Sirmon changed his verbal and went to UW.

oldrunner said:
Mavman said:
2. Idaho. Still building
3. Davis.
Rest is a mess
I think you are reading way too much into coach Hill's leaving. Almost our entire coaching staff returns. We lost some good defesive players to BYU, following Hill, but the cupboard was certainly not bair at those positions. The additions and returning players are equal to or better than what we had last year. I'm not saying we will win it all, but I will be surprised if we are not in the top 3 of the BSC. Our O will be better and our D should be about the same. Certainly not a 5th place finish. Our hardest games are on our home turf. :thumb:
Who the hell is your guys' QB?

Griz til I die said:
oldrunner said:
Who the hell is your guys' QB?
Our starting QB will likely be Kylan Weisser. He has started several games for us over the past few years and is a Jr. in eligibility. Creyton Cooper is a Jr, duel threat QB, and has played often over the past few years, primarily as a running QB. After that, we have three 3* freshmen QBs coming in, one of whom played this spring. I don't know if any of the three freshmen can beat out the two Jrs, but who knows. We have a couple of other QBs in the room, but not likely impact guys. We have a very good RB room and an upgraded O line. We will be more than adequate on O. There could be some questions on the D side of things, but questions get answered one way or another. I still expect the D to be good, just not as experienced. There could be some errors made early on. I don't see any changes in special teams. Coach Hill was never involved much on O and had turned most of the D over to the assistants the last few years. Like I said, we don't have a 'New' staff. We lost the head guy and that's about all.

HelenaHandBasket said:
thirdandlong said:

I don't think in-state recruiting is the big issue.

Repeating a falsehood over and over doesn’t make it true. It makes you a politician.

SaskGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

2021 Vim switched things up. Instead of ranking players he listed them as; Full ride and Partial, alphabetically by their first name. Of the 7 "Full Rides" they were split; Klucewich, Bergen, and Detrick to the GRIZ, Reynolds, Eiden IV, Daily, to the Cats. Dylan Rollins went to BYU.

Of the Partials: 5 went to the GRIZ and 5 to the Cats, it would have been 6 to the Griz but Camden Sirmon changed his verbal and went to UW.
Thirdandlong - so what do you think? That's my evidence that the CATS haven't "owned the State" under Bobby 2.0. I've got it GRIZ 2-0 with 2 pushes, though an argument could be made that the GRIZ won both those years as well.
What you got?

SaskGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Thirdandlong - so what do you think? That's my evidence that the CATS haven't "owned the State" under Bobby 2.0. I've got it GRIZ 2-0 with 2 pushes, though an argument could be made that the GRIZ won both those years as well.
What you got?

Hmm, actual data. It’ll be interesting to see how his feelings match up with the facts.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:
What you got?

Hmm, actual data. It’ll be interesting to see how his feelings match up with the facts.

Nice try with the "data". Everyone who knows jack about football, knows that the Cats have owned the state in football recruiting since Hauck got here.
So, if your "data" says the Griz have recruited the state better, then why are they getting destroyed in all but one season by the Cats??? Could it be the coaching? Could it be Bobby's failure to recruit out-of-state as well as the Cats? The losses don't lie.

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Nice try with the "data". Everyone who knows jack about football, knows that the Cats have owned the state in football recruiting since Hauck got here.
So, if your "data" says the Griz have recruited the state better, then why are they getting destroyed in all but one season by the Cats??? Could it be the coaching? Could it be Bobby's failure to recruit out-of-state as well as the Cats? The losses don't lie.

Could it be that the Cats improved significantly under 2 new coaches, as the Griz were sliding after Pflu was fired following the 2011 season. Then, the Griz really suffered under Stitt, sliding to about 33d in the nation. Hauck is still returning the team to dominance. His finishes of no. 6, 8 (or 9) and 14 are very good improvements. The Cats have only a 1 game winning streak. The Cats clobbered the Griz last season, and the Griz clobbered the Cats the prior season. I believe the Griz will beat the Cats this fall.

As various posters have shown, the Cats are not beating the Griz in in-state recruiting. Yes, it's partly the coaches, as the Cats now have good coaches, as do the Griz. Like you said, the Griz crushing the Cats 1.5 years ago doesn't lie. If the things you said have occurred, how could the Griz clobber the Cats like they did?

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well, now we see how your feelings match up with the facts. Typical snowflake.

So, a lot of polls have Idaho as number one.
I believe Eck is in his second year.
And then we have Bobby who is in what year?
This is a wait and see year for me.

:twisted:
LivingstonNative said:
So, a lot of polls have Idaho as number one.
I believe Eck is in his second year.
And then we have Bobby who is in what year?
This is a wait and see year for me.

If Idaho goes 10-1 I’ll walk naked down Main Street. :twisted: :twisted:

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I'm sorry I don't understand your post. I just used VIM's list to show that since Hauck has returned we've gotten just as many if not more top recruits from in state. Most of us, yourself included, have accepted that VIM knows more about Montana high school players than anybody, so we have confidence in his opinions. Doesn't to "own" something mean you are dominating it? Show me some recruiting data that shows how the CATS are dominating recruiting.
Now you are saying; could it be the coaching, could it be out of state recruiting??? WTF does that have to do with the topic of who "owns" the State in terms of recruiting high school players.
You've bad mouthed teachers before, I'm thinking you might have been self-taught. In a football discussion about how badly Coach Hauck and his staff are at recruiting in-state when compared to the Cats, I would teach my students to compare Coach Hauck and his staffs in-state recruiting to that of the Cats. Just food for thought, the next time you rant off about how nobody on here wants to discuss football.

Back