• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz land seven footer

Mslacat

I have been told that Tinkle has landed his first commit (or at least the first I have heard) and it is a big one. Andy Martin from St John's Military - Delafield,WI has committed to the Griz recently. He is a 7'-0" center who played his senior year at Natron high school in 2010-11. He is taking a prep year in Wisconsin and will join the Griz for the 2012-13 school year with 4 years of eligibility, plus a redshirt if needed. His took his official visit to Missoula about a week and half ago.

My sister in law loves basketball and lives close to St John's back in Wisconsin. I'll make her scout for us.

Looks like the visit my source told me about in the visits thread, was right about it him visiting, and it being a good visit. FYI, if he claims to be one that told me, I will back him up on it. NICE work on the FYI.

I am stoked we have a solid 7 footer for Tinkle to work with. Welcome aboard Andy!!!

Nice! Can't wait to see him in action.

Now, can someone explain to me how attending a prep school works? Seems like kids are going to four years of HS and then going to a prep school for a year and then college, yet they still have all four years of eligibility left as well as a RS year? How does that work?

PeauxRouge said:
Nice! Can't wait to see him in action.

Now, can someone explain to me how attending a prep school works? Seems like kids are going to four years of HS and then going to a prep school for a year and then college, yet they still have all four years of eligibility left as well as a RS year? How does that work?

Yup, that's right. You can go to high school all you want, or graduate and not go to school for years, but your college clock only starts when you enroll full time and join the team.

Awesome. Thanks to MGR for the original info on the board and to MCat for filling in the missing info. I wonder if the coaches had dinner with the recruit at Finn & Porter after the football game.

Mslacat said:
I have been told that Tinkle has landed his first commit (or at least the first I have heard) and it is a big one. Andy Martin from St John's Military - Delafield,WI has committed to the Griz recently. He is a 7'-0" center who played his senior year at Natron high school in 2010-11. He is taking a prep year in Wisconsin and will join the Griz for the 2012-13 school year with 4 years of eligibility, plus a redshirt if needed. His took his official visit to Missoula about a week and half ago.

At last, Feddy Owens brings one home!

temp said:
Baller1 said:
Mslacat said:
I think all of you big men luv'n types are going to be happy with this class!

as in Mitch Brewe is going to sign to....?? :shock:

Brewe commited to UC-SB a couple weeks ago.

shit...i knew that. I was thinking of Lucas O'Brien out of AZ. Just got done reading about Brewe when I typed my post :oops: my bad.

O'Brien is a player I would take over Brewe. Getting O'Brien and the 7 Footer from Wyo. would be once again unheard of size & talent for a Big Sky recruiting class. Another Selvig/Qvale??

Now I just hope O'Brien hasn't committed elsewhere yet.

WTG GRIZ. I have a feeling Freddy's ties to WI, Steward having played with Andrew, and Tinkle having developed a few solid bigs certainly helped land Andrew.

Mslacat, please tell us what more you have heard as for a big?

Back