• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

eGriz Poker

chris

Administrator
Staff member
eGriz Club
Original Message edited due to legal issues.

We are thinking of getting an eGriz Poker game going.

We were thinking maybe a 5 dollar buy in No Limit Tourney. If you are interested, please post here and we can figure out a date to do this.

This poker game will be between any member of eGriz that can make it to the game. Anyone is invited to play.

PM me for further details.

EDIT 1/5/07 3:38 PM
Online Poker is "Illegal" in the state on Montana and therefore we can not participate in this tourney. All of you that said you wanted to play, you are in no legal trouble at all so don't worry. You all were unaware of it being illegal and that is what this post is about.

Thanks for all that were interested and maybe we can get a home game setup for those that live in the Missoula area.

yup- I'm in.

chris_moneymaker.jpg

:laugh:

Depending on time and date I am in. Conflicts with home Griz basketball or work would only prevent me from participation.

Speaking of poker, Chris, did you ever get a hold of tonkintables.com. I suppose they would be of much use in the virtual world.

I hope you don't mind me posting a link.

www.tonkintables.com

JahGriz said:
Speaking of poker, Chris, did you ever get a hold of tonkintables.com. I suppose they would be of much use in the virtual world.

I hope you don't mind me posting a link.

www.tonkintables.com

I emailed him and he email me back but haven't heard a response to my latest email.

I count six players so far. Any idea what day of the week people would like to do this maybe even a date?

I think 2 Saturdays from now if there is no Griz BBall. To lazy right now to check the schedule. Maybe say afternoon? Just my :twocents:

here is an email I recieved from a criminal investigator from Montana this morning.

Call me at 406-329-1478 or send me your phone number. You apparently do not understand that internet gambling is illegal in Montana and recently was outlawed federally. This has nothing to do with you hosting anything. We know the laws and were going to give you a break rather than allow you to get yourself involved in a felony offense let alone F.B.I. involvement. Up to this point you have solicited individuals to participate in an illegal gambling enterprise and they would be committing a Felony and Federal Offense as well. The next person you solicit may be an agent. Am I clear or do you want to play this game.

Tim Theisen

Criminal Investigator

DOJ Gambling Control Division

eGriz said:
here is an email I recieved from a criminal investigator from Montana this morning.

Call me at 406-329-1478 or send me your phone number. You apparently do not understand that internet gambling is illegal in Montana and recently was outlawed federally. This has nothing to do with you hosting anything. We know the laws and were going to give you a break rather than allow you to get yourself involved in a felony offense let alone F.B.I. involvement. Up to this point you have solicited individuals to participate in an illegal gambling enterprise and they would be committing a Felony and Federal Offense as well. The next person you solicit may be an agent. Am I clear or do you want to play this game.

Tim Theisen

Criminal Investigator

That seems a bit over-the-top for a legitimate investigator. Especially the last sentence with its punctuation errors. I think it's a hoax.

This web site also lists a different number for him:

http://www.montanatavernassociation.com/contact.html

eGriz said:

Tim Theisen

Criminal Investigator

What a Swell Guy.

Back