• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pelosi Scum

ALPHAGRIZ1

Pelosi is sure appointing qualified people to look after our wonderful country. The only person he cares about looking after is himself. This is unacceptable and it's about time someone steps up and holds her accountable.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5423211

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/06/07/records_tie_nigerian_official_to_jefferson_bribe_probe/

It's not a culture of corruption if they do it...just a few individuals that need a second chance.

Republicans Set to Block Jefferson’s Appointment to Homeland Security Panel
politico.com ^ | 02/28/07 | Patrick O'Connor

Republicans plan to force a floor vote on Rep. William Jefferson's move to the Homeland Security Committee in an unprecedented maneuver to force Democrats to go on the record supporting their embattled colleague who is the target of a federal bribery investigation.

House Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) pledged to call for a recorded vote on the House floor when Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) introduces a resolution to make the Jefferson move official.

You guys appear to be on the money with this one. But where was the "Delay Scum", or "Cunningham Scum"?

kalm said:
You guys appear to be on the money with this one. But where was the "Delay Scum", or "Cunningham Scum"?

I hate Delay, but there is no comparison. Didn't he just "earmark money" like every politician does?

I disagree with the earmarking on either side and I am glad Delay is out.

I guess he took Cold Hard Cash literally. Anyone seen BAC? He assured me he would call out the Dems when he saw bad things taking place on their watch? BAC?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Pelosi is sure appointing qualified people to look after our wonderful country. The only person he cares about looking after is himself. This is unacceptable and it's about time someone steps up and holds her accountable.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/06/07/records_tie_nigerian_official_to_jefferson_bribe_probe/

hello, Pelosi is a she.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I hate Delay, but there is no comparison. Didn't he just "earmark money" like every politician does?

I disagree with the earmarking on either side and I am glad Delay is out.

Uh, NO. Delay did not "just earmark money like every politician does." He's been indicted for money laundering and alleged violations of election fundraising laws. That's a great deal more serious than mere "earmarking" (though I'm sure he's done plenty of that, too; after all, as you correctly noted, pretty much every politician does).

Jefferson is a scumbag, and I don't know what the hell Pelosi is thinking with this nomination, but that doesn't mean we can downplay what Delay did, either. If he's guilty of what he's charged with, then he's every bit as dirty as Jefferson.

bhumble said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

hello, Pelosi is a she.

He was in reference to Jefferson.

My apologies to all for not putting together a clear sentance.

GL, I just looked up all the crap Delay did and I stand corrected.

Delay is the kind of guy I want gone from politics on both sides of the aisle. ALL of them are out for themselves and not the good of this country. The same can be said for big business.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Delay is the kind of guy I want gone from politics on both sides of the aisle. ALL of them are out for themselves and not the good of this country. The same can be said for big business.

Agreed. :party:

Delay is still awaiting a trial.
He maybe a crook...time will tell but I sure don't trust Earle in Texas...he has credibility problems in my opinion.

--------------

Attorneys set to argue DeLay charge
AP/YAHOO ^ | 1-24-07 | KELLEY SHANNON
AUSTIN, Texas - The prosecution of former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay could be stalled for weeks or even months while Texas' highest criminal court decides whether a dismissed campaign finance conspiracy charge against him should be reinstated.

DeLay's trial on remaining felony conspiracy and money laundering charges must wait until the state's highest criminal court rules, which could be weeks or months after Wednesday's hearing.

DeLay and two co-defendants, Jim Ellis and John Colyandro, are accused of illegally funneling $190,000 in corporate contributions through DeLay's Texans for a Republican Majority political action committee and through an arm of the National Republican Committee to seven GOP state legislative candidates in 2002.

The defendants say they did nothing wrong.

Grizbacker1 said:
I guess he took Cold Hard Cash literally. Anyone seen BAC? He assured me he would call out the Dems when he saw bad things taking place on their watch? BAC?

I was a little busy, GB1 ... drinking at a company offsite today. Sorry for not cutting out early to rush home to post on egriz.

Yes, Jefferson should not be rewarded with any committe appointments at all ... especially since he will likely be in jail soon. Bad move by Pelosi.

Bay Area Cat said:
Grizbacker1 said:

I was a little busy, GB1 ... drinking at a company offsite today. Sorry for not cutting out early to rush home to post on egriz.

Yes, Jefferson should not be rewarded with any committe appointments at all ... especially since he will likely be in jail soon. Bad move by Pelosi.

Since you are under the influence, please feel free to retract your post at any date, and continue to support all Pelosi moves. :thumb:

Grizbacker1 said:
Bay Area Cat said:
What? You think more than 50% of my posts are done stone-cold sober? :laugh:

That explains a lot. Ted Kennedy Syndrome. :thumb:

I prefer to think of myself more in the Winston Churchill mold of distinguished drinker/philosophers. :wink:

As a woman, I am completely embarrassed by Ms. Pelosi's time in office so far. I personally believe that she has set women back.

Holding the office of Speaker of the House is one thing, actually running the place, providing the leadership needed, and garnering the respect necessary, to accomplish the task before her, is quite another. Look no further than John Murtha, the man is a lunatic, he is running off at the mouth at every opportunity, and she has been completely unable to reign him in. Hillary Clinton would have had the man duct taped and thrown in the bowels of the house dungeon by now.

Pelosi's judgment absolutely stinks, she has moments where she acts like an immature pre-teen. Politics aside, she certainly does not behave like the politically experienced and mature leader I thought she might be, democrat or no.

I think that she has squandered the rare and precious opportunity given her. She is in WAY over her head.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Delay is the kind of guy I want gone from politics on both sides of the aisle. ALL of them are out for themselves and not the good of this country. The same can be said for big business.[/quote]

Every once in a while, you seem to be suddenly struck with these bouts of progressiveness.

"What what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal..."

- Roger Hodgson

Back