• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Vancouver 9/11 Truth" Organization

Drew

Really despicable Canadian Vancouver-based group my brother informed me about, as he's been living there since the middle of last year. Flyers are posted around the university campus and town, just to show how liberal that city is.

http://www.vancouver911truth.org/

Yeah, who does uppity Canucks think they are? Don't they realize it was Hilary Clinton and the homosexuals that masterminded the 9/11 attacks! :thumb:

Top shrink concludes liberals are nuts!
WND ^ | February 16, 2008

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

Just who are the conservatives then? Does today's Republican party (see Bush, Cheney, etc.) represent them?

Wasn't it Billings a few years ago that had a handful of people spray painting swastikas on a synagogue, or something like that. That must mean the whole town of Billings is neo-nazis right?

Just because some wacko group posts flyers about a crazy 9/11 conspiracy doesn't mean the whole town is liberal. There's been plenty of other 9/11 theory videos produced all over the nation...must be the whole nation is liberal then...right?

Re/MaxGriz said:
Just because some wacko group posts flyers about a crazy 9/11 conspiracy doesn't mean the whole town is liberal. There's been plenty of other 9/11 theory videos produced all over the nation...must be the whole nation is liberal then...right?
Just check the stats in the last election: http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/candidatesridings/bc/index.html

It's a known fact, not me drawing to conclusions.

Vancouver is a wonderful city filled with interesting people. Most of those people are chillin' and the head shop or working at a massage parlor though. Great place for a visit, lousy place for hatching rational thought.

Vlad said:
Vancouver is a wonderful city filled with interesting people.
lol

That's one way of spinning it, haha. Can't say I agreed when I was there.

you guys crack me up. is it really 'conservative' to send an army that is essentially a bunch of paid mercenaries to fight for the country, while the majority of "the country" goes about its business as if nothing is happening? is it 'conservative' to use cash borrowed from another country to fund this? is it 'conservative' to allow the government to listen in on your phone conversations no matter what? is it 'conservative' to have a government that makes birthing and marriage decisions for you? is it 'conservative' to open the borders to people who obviously equire remedial education, and contribute nothing to the good of the country (i'm talking about you here, drew)? is it 'conservative' to vote along religious ideals instead of practical ones?

just checkin'.

argh! said:
you guys crack me up. is it really 'conservative' to send an army that is essentially a bunch of paid mercenaries to fight for the country, while the majority of "the country" goes about its business as if nothing is happening? is it 'conservative' to use cash borrowed from another country to fund this? is it 'conservative' to allow the government to listen in on your phone conversations no matter what? is it 'conservative' to have a government that makes birthing and marriage decisions for you? is it 'conservative' to open the borders to people who obviously equire remedial education, and contribute nothing to the good of the country (i'm talking about you here, drew)? is it 'conservative' to vote along religious ideals instead of practical ones?

just checkin'.
nope....it is not conservative! neo-conservative = borrow and spend/ big brother/erosion of Constitution/erosion of U.S. economic security and independence/war for no good reason.........see Bush /Cheney for additional examples. Anyone who thinks that the current Republican party is conservative is welcome to step forward and explain why. :twocents:

Vancouver (Canada) Green Candidate: 9/11 Was "Beautiful"
Little Green Footballs ^

A candidate for the Green Party in Vancouver reveals the sick mentality of the Truther “movement,” as he stands by an editorial in which he took joy in the mass murder attacks of 9/11: Green candidate stands by remarks praising 9/11.

A federal Green party candidate in Vancouver-Kingsway is standing behind a controversial editorial he wrote more than four years ago in which he describes the falling of the World Trade Center twin towers as “beautiful.”

So let’s see if I understand this creep’s position. He celebrated because the United States deserved the attacks, but at the same time he believes the Bush administration was behind the whole thing.

Re/MaxGriz said:
Wasn't it Billings a few years ago that had a handful of people spray painting swastikas on a synagogue, or something like that. That must mean the whole town of Billings is neo-nazis right?

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/general_current_events/president_bush/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance

Bronco said:
Re/MaxGriz said:

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/general_current_events/president_bush/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance

lol good find.

very well put aargh. I am sorry the government is controlling your "birthing" and also listening to all your phone conversations. I am not entirely clear on how this relates to canadian conspiracy theorists, but interesting all the same.
Truly, anyone who disagree's with you must be an "idiot", or not have access to your special tin foil that keeps the government from controlling your thoughts.

You know, I got to thinking about the term "liberal" used pejoratively in describing a city and realized that if you were to compile a list of "liberal cities in North America it might include not only Vancouver BC, but places like Seattle, Portland OR, San Francisco, Greenville SC, NYC, Madison WI, Missoula etc.

Now, compare that to a list of "conservative" cities and ask yourself where you'd rather be. We can all name the "liberal" towns, but which locations would you list as "conservative". Would you rather be in Vancouver versus Edmonton? How about Spokane versus Portland? Compare Oklahoma City with Greenville. Or Topeka with Missoula. How about Houston over NYC?

It seems the adjectives that make a city liberal coincide with hip - multi-cultural, diverse, progressive, tolerant. Liberal cities seem to favor mass-transit, decriminalize drugs or offer drug courts (ie: drugs as a medical problem), and play home to technology driven companies.

This all reminds me of the following article I read in today's paper:

Associated Press
February 16, 2008

CONCORD, N.H. – The chief songwriter and founder of the band Boston has more than a feeling that he's being ripped off by Mike Huckabee.

In a letter to the Republican presidential hopeful, Tom Scholz complains that Huckabee is using his 1970s smash hit song "More Than a Feeling" without his permission. A former member of the band, Barry Goudreau, has appeared with Huckabee at campaign events, and they have played the song with Huckabee's band, Capitol Offense.

Scholz, who said Goudreau left the band more than 25 years ago after a three-year stint, objects to the implication that the band and one of its members has endorsed Huckabee's candidacy.

"Boston has never endorsed a political candidate, and with all due respect, would not start by endorsing a candidate who is the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for," wrote Scholz, adding that he is supporting Democratic Sen. Barack Obama. "By using my song, and my band's name Boston, you have taken something of mine and used it to promote ideas to which I am opposed. In other words, I think I've been ripped off, dude!"

Fred Bramante, who was chairman of Huckabee's New Hampshire campaign, called the allegations ridiculous. He said he attended dozens of Huckabee rallies in New Hampshire and other states and never heard Huckabee play "More Than a Feeling," other than when Goudreau campaigned with him in Iowa in October.

Scholz, in a telephone interview Friday, said he understands "More Than a Feeling" has been a centerpiece at some rallies, and said Goudreau is identified with the band in an endorsement video.

He recommends that Huckabee "stick to music recorded by far-right Republicans."

So it seems there are three things that are in short supply. 1) Hip conservative cities. 2) Clever, funny conservative comedians who aren't afraid to self-deprecate. 3) Far right republican music groups who produce songs worthy of campaign sloganeering. :thumb:

http://www.govpro.com/News/Article/31439/

This website says my native Detroit is the most liberal, followed by Gary, Indiana. Also in the top ten; Inglewood, Oakland, Newark and Flint MI. So book you flights now to these modern utopia's and oasis' of sanity in a world gone mad.
Not trying to take a shot at you Kalm, generally I agree lefties make better music/ entertainment and Vancouver is a nice place to visit.

kalm said:
Now, compare that to a list of "conservative" cities and ask yourself where you'd rather be.

So it seems there are three things that are in short supply. 1) Hip conservative cities.
What is with this "hip" adjective everyone loves to twist around and use on liberals? I don't want hip.

Your list is a little lacking. Detroit and Gary, I've been through both... really, really bad. Flint, Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland. Wait a minute... are you sure this isn't a list of cities with the most crime?

Back