• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

For Andrew Selle...

Sundown

4873988603_8e2d0803ca_b.jpg

A true Montana Griz.

You were good, kid.

Great pic!!! Now that pic should be put in the locker room every game. Grow the beard back and let Selle be the rah rah guy rest this season.

After Selle returned to the bench w/his arm in a sling, as the offense was getting ready to take the field on a 4th quarter drive, he went to each player & tapped them on the head & said a quick word to them. Roper will do awesome on the field & I think Selle will be a great leader on the sidelines.

"On a personal note, I'd like to say that I have come across few athletes as classy as Andrew Selle. The ultimate winner, Selle's leadership on the field is something the Griz won't be able to duplicate no matter who is under center. One of the smartest QBs I've ever seen, Selle wants to be a math teacher and a high school football coach in the future. He will succeed in that venture the exact same way he did with the Montana Grizzlies."

Greg Rachac, Billings Gazette...well said

I graduated from U of M 35 years ago and have followed their program for most of those years. Albeit, I did not personally know each of the players to come through as Griz, I have known Andrew for a good portion of his life. I have to say, he is one of the classiest and humble Griz I have seen. I am saddened to see his football come to an end in this manner. I do know that he will excel in life outside of football. Good luck Drew and we will miss seeing your fire and tenacity on the field. Get that wing fixed and go enjoy some fishing.

Thank you for some of the most exciting football I have ever watched. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Selle was a damn good player to watch during his time here but it's a shame his career had to end like that.

Thanks for everything you've done for Grizzly football, Andrew. :)

I have had the pleasure to watch and coach against Andrew Selle in football since he was 10. Thanks for the memories and good luck in the future.

Best of luck, Andrew... Thanks for everything, and remember you are victorious...

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

Vince Lombardi

Back