• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Raise your hand if you miss Dan Moore!

kurtismichael

It seems like the Griz started playing with less intensity in the games after he was injured. I miss his "bad ass" intense running style. To bad he will be out again vs. ND. I can't wait to see him run on the field again from my NEZ seats next Saturday though.

I think Alpha made this video..I found it again on youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XOLx0YQ5Q[/youtube]

raising-hands.jpg

Dan probably won't be back until Weber, from what I am told.

He'll be in full force by 11/17.

(raises both hands)

Hopefully #35 is ready to rock once he returns. Really do miss his intensity on the field.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-will-head-to-und-minus-moore/article_573d4a02-19b3-11e2-9c30-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Montana Grizzlies will again be without running back Dan Moore when it takes on North Dakota in Grand Forks Saturday.

Moore suffered a high-ankle sprain early in Montana’s 32-26 loss at Eastern Washington on Sept. 29. The 235-pound senior has 406 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 74 carries, as well as an 87-yard scoring reception that remains the second-longest in the Big Sky Conference this season.

“Not this week for sure,” UM coach Mick Delaney said of Moore’s return. “Hopefully maybe next week, but I’m not even sure about that. He’s trying to move around as best he can, but it’s hard. He’s trying to get there. We’ll see.”

Delaney welcomed receiver Sam Gratton back to practice Wednesday after the senior receiver missed the Southern Utah game with the flu.

Safety Matt Hermanson, who also missed the Southern Utah game, is returning from a “stinger.”

“A couple weeks ago (at Northern Colorado) I hurt a nerve in my neck and it was shooting all the way down my arm,” the sophomore said. “So it was getting weak. I got an injection and I should be fine.”

Tight end Greg Hardy injured a hand reaching back for a pass during Tuesday’s practice, ending his workout early, but he said Wednesday an X-ray was negative.

“Back to normal, I hope,” said the senior. “I’m going to go. I feel like I have to. Time’s running out.”

North Dakota has a standout defensive end in 6-foot-4, 266-pound Ross Brenneman, but the senior has missed time with a knee injury. He was a shield blocker on a punt at Eastern Washington on Oct. 6 and got rolled up on.

“Ross is dealing with an MCL,” UND coach Chris Mussman said. “He’s in a brace, he didn’t play last week, he’s doubtful this week. But being a home game, we’ve got some time. He’s getting close.”

Mussman credits Brenneman and transfer quarterback Branden Hanson for getting NFL scouts back to his campus, and said he can’t count him out against UM.

“He’ll be limited, but the kid’s got a big heart,” Mussman said of Brenneman. “A high-motor guy and a class kid.”

North Dakota’s left tackle, Emmett Lynch, missed a game with a broken hand but has had a triumphant return according to his coach.

“He hasn’t been called for holding the last couple weeks,” Mussman said during UND’s weekly press conference. “We should bind all our linemen’s hands.”

Hermanson is a rare Grizzly in that he’s actually been inside the Alerus Center, a 12,283-seat indoor venue that opened in 2001. North Dakota is 64-14 in 11-plus seasons there, though it has lost its last two home games to Cal Poly and Northern Arizona.

Hardy, who grew up watching North Dakota and NDSU battle for the Nickel Trophy and was recruited by UND, was scheduled to visit. He canceled after committing to UM.

“I’ve actually been in there,” said Hermanson, a Sioux Falls, S.D. product. “It gets loud.”

One connection between the two teams is Delaney and North Dakota offensive coordinator Greg Breitbach, who played at UM-Western when Delaney was the Bulldogs’ coach from 1991-92.

Delaney said the Baker native started out as a quarterback and then switched to an H-back, running the ball some, catching the ball some and blocking other times.

“He was not bad,” Delaney said. “But we had the (Brad) Ridgeway kid from Missoula and we had the kid from Eureka coming down, Jason Truman. He was a freshman that first year.

“Greg did whatever he could to help us, and that was change positions his senior year.”

Breitbach, who spent two seasons at Dickinson (N.D.) State before transferring to UM-Western, is in his seventh year at UND and fifth as its OC.

QUICK KICKS: UND is 26 for 28 on red-zone chances, with 21 touchdowns. Montana is 25 for 31 on forays inside the 20-yard line, the 10th-best mark in the 13-team Big Sky. The Griz have scored 19 TDs on those trips. … UND has had lots of Baker connections. Jace Schillinger, brother of Griz S Shann Schillinger, was an assistant there. And Baker’s Kodee Varner is a RB on the UND roster. ... Delaney said quarterback turned receiver Gerald Kemp still hasn’t been cleared to play by the NCAA. “Nothing going on,” he said. “There’s still stuff they’re sorting through out there, I guess.” … UND blocked three kicks in a 45-37 win over Portland State that didn’t count in the Big Sky standings. … Brenneman and nose guard Devin Benjamin had started 17 straight games together before the NAU game. … Saturday’s game will air live on ROOT Sports

I truely miss Dan and believe he is the spark needed for the "Griz Combustion Engine".
Kirschner seemed to do a fine job filling in at the bruising back position against UNC. It's a shame he never got a chance against SUU, perhaps his ability to run people over would have given our non-existent 2nd half offensive performance a much needed lift.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AllWeatherFan said:

what's up with the vampire zombie kid in the middle? those people better watch out, or he'll eat their brains and drink their blood and fumble punt returns.

smarsh said:
AllWeatherFan said:

what's up with the vampire zombie kid in the middle? those people better watch out, or he'll eat their brains and drink their blood and fumble punt returns.

Look at the look on the guy's face to the right of him! Hilarious!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I don't trust the guy in the tie, towards the middle... a lick. Plus he doesn't have his hand up. He's up to no good

Back