• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Uniforms

grizindabox

DONOR
Take a look at this SI cover next time someone complains about how uniforms look

A6YjLCBCQAABLCa.jpg:large

grizindabox said:
Take a look at this SI cover next time someone complains about how uniforms look

A6YjLCBCQAABLCa.jpg:large

Damn... if the helmet wasn't in the picture & the school wasn't listed... I wouldn't have known what school half of these players play for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Ohio St was pretty edgy back then, two white stripes around the arms? Man... I bet that pissed off tons of purists!

pussycatkillerz said:
Big difference from that to this
922d87142b0952d49fc134deda739169.jpg
Would be even more badass with maroon and silver instead of highlighter yellow and silver. Would have to change up the pattern on the shoulders and go with something other then the wing look of course. And claw marks instead of wings on the helmets.

RobGriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Big difference from that to this
922d87142b0952d49fc134deda739169.jpg
Would be even more badass with maroon and silver instead of highlighter yellow and silver. Would have to change up the pattern on the shoulders and go with something other then the wing look of course. And claw marks instead of wings on the helmets.

Here your base concept to work from if you would like. IMO its lacking accent colors on shoulders-claws & numbers. Matte black helmets. Doesnt seem to matter what any of us adults think; these kids love the all blacks! Even BYU had a set this year.

HERES A THOUGHT: How about we win two (2) more games & stay out of the negative spotlight for about 10+ years or so!

Those Oregon helmets are cool. Just picture instead of a wing design in crome it was a big Griz paw. That would be pretty badazz.

Seems to me the griz football experience is kinda ....I dunno... Stagnating. Still love griz football, but damn, the pre-game experience is getting lame, everything seems commercialized, we are afraid to explore different ideas as far as new uniforms. What we need are reasons for kids to want to become grizzlies! They are not recruiting us old schoolers, they are recruiting young men who want to go to schools who are "cutting edge". Seems to me we are getting passed up by others schools. This is just my opinion as i have been going to griz games since before endzone seating was even present.
P.S. quit raising ticket prices!!! Good God man, it's $200.00 for me and my wife to see a game coming from Butte!

I think Weber takes the cake for gayest unis in the bigsky...

d249517cae427abdabb7b57094c259ce.jpg

The kitten on the helmet and claw marks on the shoulder........yikes

They were wayyyyyyy better before...
992bb282e49cadfd219d90c45c3f41c1.jpg

Butte_Griz_fan said:
Seems to me the griz football experience is kinda ....I dunno... Stagnating. Still love griz football, but damn, the pre-game experience is getting lame, everything seems commercialized, we are afraid to explore different ideas as far as new uniforms. What we need are reasons for kids to want to become grizzlies! They are not recruiting us old schoolers, they are recruiting young men who want to go to schools who are "cutting edge". Seems to me we are getting passed up by others schools. This is just my opinion as i have been going to griz games since before endzone seating was even present.
P.S. quit raising ticket prices!!! Good God man, it's $200.00 for me and my wife to see a game coming from Butte!

I'm just asking here, but I thought I remembered that Nike had a hand in designing the Griz uniforms a few seasons back when Oregon and Boise State got their updated uniforms. I believe their was a story either in that Lee Enterprises rag or the Kaiman about U of M alumni working at Nike (come to think of it I believe it was actually in the Montanan).

I have heard that there is a certain UM grad who is within the top 3-5 people at the top of Nike.
I just have not been around long enough to learn the name. There's alot of this stuff thats used as reward and motivation. From what it looks to me, I believe the football operations people are holding back a bit right now due to all the attention.

Think about it the Griz was unveiling new gear right now...Just another opportunity for the critics of big time college athletics to jump on the "special" Football Haters Bandwagon and ridicule. This team is 2 or 3 games better than the record indicates.

BTW I happen to be one of those parents that LOVE all the cool looks in Uniforms & helmets!!!
Once a player always a player in mind...body cant do jack sh#t! With that being said, I would love a set of all whites (yea I hear about the superstition attached to them) all black; all maroon and our base of interchangeable gear that we have now as a foundation!

ts been a tough year from a parents perspective but I believe that this group of young men have grown closer due to the adversity...I want this team "pissed & mean in 2013!"

See you in Ogden
Maul 'Em

I work spitting distance from Nike World Headquarters here in Bearverton, Oregon, and earlier this year a fourth named Scott was added to our threesome. This guy made us look like kindergarderners swinging sticks. He could CRUSH the ball and played a whole different game. You could tell he was a real athlete. As the morning wore on, I struck up a conversation and discovered it was Scott Zanon, the three sport Griz letterman of the Kalispell Zanon's. It turns out he is well placed in High School Football marketing at Nike and was instrumental in the Griz getting a "premium package deal" from Nike (actually more than a school of its stature really deserves he said). His other brother Craig also works there and in fact all of the Zanon's now live in Oregon -- but once a Montanan, always a Montanan. You can think Scott Zanon for the sweet deal the Griz get!

BTW - As for his golf game, he said he had thought about going pro at one time and I can tell you I think he could have made it. His game wasn't extremely sharp yet I think he broke par at a very tough course. Oh yeah, nice guy too.

Back