• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Starting Safety

grizindabox

DONOR
Bill Speltz ‏@billspeltz 1h
Missoula Sentinel grad Steven Rominger will get the nod at starting safety this week, filling in for suspended Griz Matt Hermanson.

reinell30 said:
I thought Rominger was injured? Brint is falling off on his updates on this team...

This is good news. The Missoulian reported on Sunday that Rominger was injured and didn't play on Saturday. UM doesn't practice on Mondays.

grizindabox said:
Bill Speltz ‏@billspeltz 1h
Missoula Sentinel grad Steven Rominger will get the nod at starting safety this week, filling in for suspended Griz Matt Hermanson.
Great news that Rominger is back. So will it be whittled or Gamboa filling the #2 role?

reinell30 said:
I thought Rominger was injured? Brint is falling off on his updates on this team...

Rominger was in street clothes for the OSPU game, glad he's back, good senior leader to have out there.

BWahlberg said:
reinell30 said:

Rominger was in street clothes for the OSPU game, glad he's back, good senior leader to have out there.

OK what gives? The missoulian has updates before you???

Good for Rominger. He's one of those guys that puts his all into four to five years here but is always under someone in the depth chart. I remember when Brady Green finnaly got a couple of opportunities to shine and made the most of it. Hopefully Steven does the same. Too bad it's not at home in Wa Griz In front of his hometown (Sentinel) crowd.

Can't wait to see Steven get a chance, one of the hardest hitters on the team. I love that he stuck it out, he was originally a Hauck recruit for criminy sake. Good to see a hometown kid get a shot...

saw him in one practice session this year and was very aggressive going for the ball (11 on 11)......made an interception and a break up......if he tackles well this weekend i would love to see him stay in for as much of the season as he can.

Rominger will step up, no doubt. He's physical, fast and solid against the run. Glad he's getting the start. Perfect opportunity to show his game against the best RB in the country.

J Whitted looked hurt after a play last game. I like him #31 and think he is the future at safety. Hits hard and makes plays. I like his play.

S Rominger will do fine if he is over his ankle sprain.

In all I think we will be just fine at Safety.

Back