• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ellis Henderson

bylarke

That TD in OT was epic. He was fighting till the very end to get the ball over the goal line. It was the kind of heart and determination you love to see.

Dammit. Stop creating these threads with peoples names. I keep thinking it is going to be dickhead calling somebody out. :lol:

bylarke said:
That TD in OT was epic. He was fighting till the very end to get the ball over the goal line. It was the kind of heart and determination you love to see.

10 to 7 strikes again....

Stop using the word 'epic' especially if you don't know what it means. Yes it was a great play with great determination to score, but plays like this do happen in Football every weekend. It was not a once in every 10 years type play. The Puntrooskie that FSU ran 25 years ago that I found out about today on Gameday, now that is a play that was truly epic!!

JayLarson said:
Stop using the word 'epic' especially if you don't know what it means. Yes it was a great play with great determination to score, but plays like this do happen in Football every weekend. It was not a once in every 10 years type play. The Puntrooskie that FSU ran 25 years ago that I found out about today on Gameday, now that is a play that was truly epic!!
You could play that scenario out 100 times and they would lose every time. Block a 20 yard field goal, drive the entire field in 2:00 against a defense that has shut them down the entire game, score on a 4th and 2 to tie the game, go ahead on a 20 plus yard TD pass Henderson drug the defender the last 3 yards to the end zone, win on a pick on the two........yeah I think that play was epic. Fans will be talking about this game five, ten years from now.

The win and comeback with the blocked field goal was indeed epic, but the play that Henderson scored on was not epic. It was part of an event that was Epic, the post said that the play was not the game.

grizaremoregooder said:
JayLarson said:
You could play that scenario out 100 times and they would lose every time. Block a 20 yard field goal, drive the entire field in 2:00 against a defense that has shut them down the entire game, score on a 4th and 2 to tie the game, go ahead on a 20 plus yard TD pass Henderson drug the defender the last 3 yards to the end zone, win on a pick on the two........yeah I think that play was epic. Fans will be talking about this game five, ten years from now.

Good points, Jay must be waiting for "Gone With the Wind, the sequel". :lol:

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Special play by a special Griz player.

Agreed. Henderson is our big receiver this year so far. However, Jones made an awesome long catch down field late in the game, after not snagging one in the end zone earlier. Cam Warren was truly awesome in this game, especially late. 6 catches for 47. Everyone of them huge.

As I have said many times, if Cam were as big as he was listed in the program, he would be an all-american.

JayLarson said:
The win and comeback with the blocked field goal was indeed epic, but the play that Henderson scored on was not epic. It was part of an event that was Epic, the post said that the play was not the game.
1ep·ic adjective \ˈe-pik\
: telling a story about a hero or about exciting events or adventures

: very great or large and usually difficult or impressive

Yep that catch was great and difficult...seems to fit!

PlayerRep said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Special play by a special Griz player.

Agreed. Henderson is our big receiver this year so far. However, Jones made an awesome long catch down field late in the game, after not snagging one in the end zone earlier. Cam Warren was truly awesome in this game, especially late. 6 catches for 47. Everyone of them huge.

As I have said many times, if Cam were as big as he was listed in the program, he would be an all-american.

I concur, Cam was so solid, and especially on the 88yd drive at the end of regulation. Pierson showed up on that drive big time as well. Players stepping up, love to see it.

This is the guy. Since spring his first year after transferring from Hawaii knew he was a special one. We have to find more ways to get him the ball in space. He makes guys miss.
Could be the best Griz WR ever when its done. Thats saying alot because Marc is incredible & it was great to see him back too.

Bump....

Because he is quickly becoming one of my favorite Griz receivers ever, if not players. I went to the Coach's show tonight and got to meet him for the third time, although I doubt he remembers the first two. He is not only very talented but also humble, gracious and a well spoken young man. I hope JJ and him win a NC together. It would be awesome to have some 10 to 7 memories made in Frisco!

kurtismichael said:
Bump....

Because he is quickly becoming one of my favorite Griz receivers ever, if not players. I went to the Coach's show tonight and got to meet him for the third time, although I doubt he remembers the first two. He is not only very talented but also humble, gracious and a well spoken young man. I hope JJ and him win a NC together. It would be awesome to have some 10 to 7 memories made in Frisco!
Hell Yes!!! Now ThaT would be epic!

I am really liking what i see from our receiver core. They might drop it every once and awhile but when the game is on the line they always seem to make the play. IMO this is the difference between good teams and championship teams.

p.s. really looking forward to the Cats EWU game

edit: I lost my shit when Jones had the one handed TD grab :mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, who thinks he is ahead of Mariani at the same stage of their careers? I feel he is ahead of Mariani at this stage. I have a feeling EH will be in the all time great WR debate along with Mariani, and Douglass,when his GRIZ career is over. I know that is lofty company, but Ellis has that "IT" factor.

I've been waiting awhile to post this kind of praise on him. I was waiting to see him blossom as a returner too. I am seeing his return game blossom too. I honestly feel, if he keeps improving and focusing he has a great shot at the NFL. Mariani got better every year though. I hope Ellis follows in his foot steps. Against Sac State, I really said to myself, "He reminds of Mariani." Never thought we would have another great WR within 10 years of Mariani.

Keep it up EH, I am a fan.

I don't know how it will shake out, but EH got a nice head start since he's going to be a four-year starter. Marc was only a two-year starter, but did have a productive sophomore season. JD did all his damage in two seasons and his playoff numbers didn't get to count towards his all-time stats.

Geez. Don't upset the Epic Police.

"It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'." ~ Mammy

Any of these qualify?.....

astronomic
colossal
considerable
enormous
gigantic
ginormous
humongous
jumbo
mammoth
massive
mega
monster
monumental
prodigious
sizeable
tremendous
vast
very big
very large

mtgrizrule said:
Out of curiosity, who thinks he is ahead of Mariani at the same stage of their careers? I feel he is ahead of Mariani at this stage. I have a feeling EH will be in the all time great WR debate along with Mariani, and Douglass,when his GRIZ career is over. I know that is lofty company, but Ellis has that "IT" factor.

Statistically he sure is.

Mariani

Freshman:
10 games. 5 solo tackles, 3 asst, 8 total tackles.

Sophomore:
11 games. 15 receptions for 231yds & 1td. 28 punt returns 373 yds. 12KO returns 387yds

Junior:
16 games. 1rush for 12yds. 69 catches for 1308yds 15tds. 32 punt returns for 373yds 2td. 25 KO returns for 572yds.

Senior:
15 games. 1 rush for 0yds. 80 catches for 1479yds 13tds. 32 punt returns for 507 yds 1td. 5 KO Returns for 199 yds 1td

--

Henderson

Freshman:
11 games. 2 carries for 2 yards. 23 catches 360yds 2tds. 8 KO returns 170 yds.

Sophomore (So far):
9 games. 1 carry for 24 yards. 30 catches for 690yds 12tds. 15 kickoff returns for 345yds. 13 punt returns for 180 yards.

At that pace he'll be at:
40 catches for 920 yards with 16 tds receiving at the end of this year (not counting playoffs).

Looking at the record books he may break a lot of Griz single season and career records before he's done here.

He's at 14 career receiving TDs already, which puts him ahead of Marvin Turk and Tanner Hancock. He's tied with Mike Rice right now. One more and he'll be tied with Ferriter and Cockhill.

Back