2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 3 Walk-ons & 1 Offers

Griz Football Recruiting Info
Post Reply
User avatar
bgbigdog
eGriz Club
Posts: 4878
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am
Location: US

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by bgbigdog » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Ursus1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm
griz4life wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm
https://twitter.com/mounga50/status/108 ... 24224?s=19

Looks like Tevita has a brother he would like to work into a deal.
Brother looks pretty damn good on tape
Could just be me, but that sounds like a great deal.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

griz4life
eGriz Club
Posts: 5948
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:41 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by griz4life » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Ursus1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm
griz4life wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm
https://twitter.com/mounga50/status/108 ... 24224?s=19

Looks like Tevita has a brother he would like to work into a deal.
Brother looks pretty damn good on tape
He does. I see him @ing Southern Utah. I'd rather see those brothers in maroon
"I kept waiting for a smirk, but instead he recalled how many countless hours he spent making sure I stayed out of trouble and how tough it was to keep me on the path to success.
"We would do anything for him.He was our leader and we would go anywhere he took us--It just so happened to be Huntington, West Virginia, and our school's first national championship," Dave Dickenson.

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by dayday » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Seems to have been very quiet on the recruiting front. Mostly because we have filled most of the spots unlike a team like Eastern. Still would like to see us get another athletic DB, DT and a RB. Kind of surprised we haven’t pulled out any Cali kids yet.

Coach Sacks and Coach Cox seem to be really utilizing the transfer portal as they have been following a bunch of DL and DB transfers hopefully something develops there for a summer transfer.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 22826
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by AZGrizFan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 pm

bgbigdog wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm
griz4life wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm
https://twitter.com/mounga50/status/108 ... 24224?s=19

Looks like Tevita has a brother he would like to work into a deal.
Brother looks pretty damn good on tape
Could just be me, but that sounds like a great deal.
IN
A
HEARTBEAT!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
Griz2k
eGriz Club
Posts: 3233
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Griz2k » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:57 pm

A kid named Archie Cole Jr, running back out of Encinal high school in Alameda, CA just started following me on Twitter. He follows a bunch of Griz coaches as well. I didn't realize I had this much power of influence. Any other Griz fans here on Twitter get a follow from him by chance? Very odd.

Edit: Looks like he follows a ton of coaches/teams around the country. Wonder if the Griz are recruiting him?

User avatar
bgbigdog
eGriz Club
Posts: 4878
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am
Location: US

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by bgbigdog » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 am

Griz2k wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:57 pm
A kid named Archie Cole Jr, running back out of Encinal high school in Alameda, CA just started following me on Twitter. He follows a bunch of Griz coaches as well. I didn't realize I had this much power of influence. Any other Griz fans here on Twitter get a follow from him by chance? Very odd.

Edit: Looks like he follows a ton of coaches/teams around the country. Wonder if the Griz are recruiting him?
Thank goodness it’s you, rather than the board narcissist.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 14343
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Paytonlives » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:20 pm

2020 Offers (1)
QB- Carson Rostad 6'3" 205 (Hamilton HS) Hamilton, MT (T 1/19/19)
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 14343
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Paytonlives » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:20 pm
2020 Offers (1)
QB- Carson Rostad 6'3" 205 (Hamilton HS) Hamilton, MT (T 1/19/19)
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 14343
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Paytonlives » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by dayday » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Feels like it’s been pretty stale on the recruiting front. Maybe they are completely done because doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity. Could use a run stuffing DT and another DB for this upcoming freshman class plus transfers are always welcome.

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 14343
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Paytonlives » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:06 am

dayday wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm
Feels like it’s been pretty stale on the recruiting front. Maybe they are completely done because doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity. Could use a run stuffing DT and another DB for this upcoming freshman class plus transfers are always welcome.
Hauck said they are "pretty much done"

My guess is they left room for an impact long shot or two.
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by dayday » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:06 am
dayday wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm
Feels like it’s been pretty stale on the recruiting front. Maybe they are completely done because doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity. Could use a run stuffing DT and another DB for this upcoming freshman class plus transfers are always welcome.
Hauck said they are "pretty much done"

My guess is they left room for an impact long shot or two.
I get being pretty much done since they added so much during early signing period but it has seemed (from the outside at least) they have mailed it in and already focusing on 2020. I think there are a few interior lineman and DBs for this class they could have kept recruiting for. I suppose it could be all under wraps if there is another addition or two. It seems Hauck likes to keep things very close to the vest on this stuff.

I think there are probably no other transfers for Spring ball and if any transfers are added it will be done in the summer.

grizfan1984
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by grizfan1984 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football

VimSince03
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:54 pm

grizfan1984 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football
From what I hear, Grebe is engineering or bust. But it doesn't mean MSU. It may mean Montana Tech...for basketball and football. CO-School of Mines is also a possibility for football. Great school as well.

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 14343
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:48 pm

grizfan1984 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football
99% sure that at this point UM has moved on from Mazzoti.

My guess (based on his tweets) is UM gave him until the early signing period to chose UM and he decided to wait it out.
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by dayday » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:08 am

Paytonlives wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:48 pm
grizfan1984 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Still a couple offers out right now. Mazzoti still hasn’t decided and I’m still thinking we will add Grebe if he decides to play football
99% sure that at this point UM has moved on from Mazzoti.

My guess (based on his tweets) is UM gave him until the early signing period to chose UM and he decided to wait it out.
I’m betting he goes UMASS if he wants to be a QB and Cal if he’s willing to play anything else. UM wanted him for defense and I think Payton is right both have moved on but suppose surprises could happen.

User avatar
BDizzle
eGriz Club
Posts: 3426
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:16 am
Location: Billings

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by BDizzle » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Any surprises in the late signing period? I’m getting jealous watching other schools getting new players.
aka BHaf
Image

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by dayday » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:19 pm

BDizzle wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Any surprises in the late signing period? I’m getting jealous watching other schools getting new players.
Does not appear so but Hauck likes to keep things under wraps the best he can.

grizfan1984
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by grizfan1984 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm thinking that we will add at least a walk-on or 2 come signing day, still a lot of Montana guys who are uncommitted. I was really hoping to add a DT transfer and a CB transfer but at this point its not looking likely until summer. I don't know scholarship availability but I wish we could add Kanen Eaton (Kobeys brother) he has been visiting D1 schools and by his twitter picture he really wants to be a Griz even if we do a Greyshirt thing with him like we did with Grossman I think he would still be a Griz.

griz4life
eGriz Club
Posts: 5948
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:41 pm

Re: 2019 Recruiting 25 Signed, 1 Walk-on & 2 Offers

Post by griz4life » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:08 am

Stats published a database a couple weeks ago of each FCS school's recruiting so far. I looked mostly at playoff schools and full scholarship conferences. Montana seemed to have signed up more recruits during the early signing period than most teams, all but a few really.
The Griz got way out in front.
"I kept waiting for a smirk, but instead he recalled how many countless hours he spent making sure I stayed out of trouble and how tough it was to keep me on the path to success.
"We would do anything for him.He was our leader and we would go anywhere he took us--It just so happened to be Huntington, West Virginia, and our school's first national championship," Dave Dickenson.

Post Reply