Root Sports Games

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
84GRIZ
eGriz Club

Root Sports Games

Post by 84GRIZ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am

So it is bad enough that we have to watch NBA Summer League games on ESPN but now the NBA is affecting the release of Griz game times. Saw this on Go Griz.

ROOT Sports announced the Montana/Sacramento State game in Missoula will start at 1 p.m. Start times for the remaining ROOT Sports games will be announced following the release of the NBA schedule in mid-August.

By the way, does anybody actually watch NBA Summer League games on TV????

reinell30
eGriz Club

Re: Root Sports Games

Post by reinell30 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

84GRIZ wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am
So it is bad enough that we have to watch NBA Summer League games on ESPN but now the NBA is affecting the release of Griz game times. Saw this on Go Griz.

ROOT Sports announced the Montana/Sacramento State game in Missoula will start at 1 p.m. Start times for the remaining ROOT Sports games will be announced following the release of the NBA schedule in mid-August.

Does anybody even watch NBA at all?

polsongrizz

Post by polsongrizz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:38 am

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Let me show you how we do it in the trailer Park.
"In Every Clime and Place"

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am

No one watches the nba.

Which is still far more than watch big sky football.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

SaskGriz

Post by SaskGriz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Once sports fans got over watching the Warriors actually play a team game instead of every star for themselves; the NBA lost it's appeal. Instead of watching a bunch of athletes play for each other and not give a crap about who has the best stats, we should go back to "Can Lebron outscore an incredibly mediocre Eastern Conference and get shit canned again in the Finals, Can Tom and Bill figure out another way to cheat their way to an NFL title, where every single player is discredited and replaceable except for them?" North American sports leagues are built and filtered through individual story arches; so to answer your question; we should stop caring about the NBA until another Jordan-esque 35 shot a gamer can emerge in a major market and make me want to buy his shoes. Seacreast Out!

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:04 pm

reinell30 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am
84GRIZ wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am

Does anybody even watch NBA at all?
Of course not, why would they?
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

PeauxRouge

Post by PeauxRouge » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:16 pm

You guys are funny. The NBA is more popular than ever. It has become a year round sport with the season, post-season, draft, summer league, free-agency, etc. More people are watching, attending, streaming basketball than ever.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate ... e977702ecb

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:21 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:16 pm
You guys are funny. The NBA is more popular than ever. It has become a year round sport with the season, post-season, draft, summer league, free-agency, etc. More people are watching, attending, streaming basketball than ever.

That's what I can't seem to figure out: The NBA is more popular than ever, and I am less interested than ever. Maybe my watching was the problem. :)

IdaGriz01

Post by IdaGriz01 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:48 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:

Thank you, I knew the claims of "no one watching" were dead wrong, but couldn't find a good response. Mind you, we do not watch the NBA either ... for a number of reasons. But I knew the league was making money hand over fist. I'm glad you found a reference. Of the reasons cited in the article, I pick three: it's fast-paced, there's a lot of scoring, and (most importantly, IMO) the games don't go on for f**king ever. I think the "better social media" thing is over-rated ... football and baseball seem to be doing just fine in that regard.

There's another reason that is not mentioned in the article, but I do believe it is a significant factor: Modern basketball is not a non-contact sport. If I were reffing (which I have done at the club level), I'd be blowing the whistle on just about every play. But, of course, a lot more contact is now allowed, especially at the international level. That plays well with a sports audience where a lot of them seem to love UFC.

MTGRZ

Post by MTGRZ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:23 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:

:clap:

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:42 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:21 pm
PeauxRouge wrote:

That's what I can't seem to figure out: The NBA is more popular than ever, and I am less interested than ever. Maybe my watching was the problem. :)
I thought you once posited that if you couldn’t get it on your toaster, it wasn’t worth your while. Did I misunderstand or am I attributing it to the wrong guy.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm

bgbigdog wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:42 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
PeauxRouge wrote:

I thought you once posited that if you couldn’t get it on your toaster, it wasn’t worth your while. Did I misunderstand or am I attributing it to the wrong guy.
That sounds like me. I may have been posting from a [British] Columbian prison camp at the time, but it certainly seems like something I would write during that time, what with my meager rations of marbled rye and Russian dressing.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm
bgbigdog wrote:
CDAGRIZ wrote:
PeauxRouge wrote:

That sounds like me. I may have been posting from a [British] Columbian prison camp at the time, but it certainly seems like something I would write during that time, what with my meager rations of marbled rye and Russian dressing.
What? No (Canadian) bacon?
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
bgbigdog wrote:
CDAGRIZ wrote:

Much like day drinking on a Wednesday, it was viewed as an indulgence reserved for the idle rich, and graduate students in the non-binary dance theory program.

AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

Post by AllWeatherFan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:48 pm

If I could be granted three wishes, at least one of them would be that bacon was really good for you.
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 am

AllWeatherFan wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:48 pm
If I could be granted three wishes, at least one of them would be that bacon was really good for you.
The jury is still out; eat away.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
bgbigdog wrote:

Much like day drinking on a Wednesday, it was viewed as an indulgence reserved for the idle rich, and graduate students in the non-binary dance theory program.
You shut your whore mouth. There is NOTHING wrong with day drinking on a Wednesday. :stfu:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Yukon

Post by Yukon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:18 pm

"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

Journalism is dead. It's now just opinion and propaganda.