• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hero Sports Best #16 in FCS...

Jerry!... Jerry!.... Jerry!...... Jerry!......................................... to da HOUSE! Touchdown "Mr. Electric!

Jerry is fun to watch and good at what he is asked to do......your boy Anthony here is CDA knows how much.

Dillon said:
Any chance we see JLM & Sulser on the field at the same time?

Sulser had a very nice catch and run on a perfectly thrown short pass from Wheeler Harris yesterday. As Sulser cut back and forth down the field, he looked alot like JLM.

Dillon said:
Any chance we see JLM & Sulser on the field at the same time?

They have similar styles except Sulser has more top end speed I think. JLM is a little more stop and go but both have good acceleration and vision. I would like to see them rotating for each other. JLM would be tired after a few plays of doing his thing and rightfully so. imagine another one of him coming in after a nice play and fully refreshed.......where's that middle bubble screen Bobby used to love

How about we just celebrate a kid who leaves it all on the field every f$&king game, every f$&king week & not worry about comparing him to anyone else. He is the best 16 in the country & an asset Hauck & company will put to good use.

JLM can change direction at top speed as well as anyone I've ever seen. He doesn't quite have elite speed, but he breaks ankles with the best of them. Come up too fast to make a tackle and you're going to be made to look silly. He does it to some defender virtually every time he touches the ball, and to all 11 defenders on one infamous punt return in Iowa--a couple of them twice! :)

bgbigdog said:
How about we just celebrate a kid who leaves it all on the field every f$&king game, every f$&king week & not worry about comparing him to anyone else. He is the best 16 in the country & an asset Hauck & company will put to good use.

Chill your jets man; people here are just saying JLM is great and we just may have two JLM's.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:

Chill your jets man; people here are just saying JLM is great and we just may have two JLM's.
I love JLM. One of the most electrifying Griz players ever.

Sulser is a much better athlete than JLM. Speed, balance, lateral movement. Sulser is a complete WR who is probably already one the best route runners on the team, if not the best. He will probably play on the outside along with JLM, but could play in the slot too.

Lots of people don’t know that Sulser would have been a multiple time State Champion wrestler if he continued to compete.

CrunchGriz said:
JLM can change direction at top speed as well as anyone I've ever seen. He doesn't quite have elite speed, but he breaks ankles with the best of them. Come up too fast to make a tackle and you're going to be made to look silly. He does it to some defender virtually every time he touches the ball, and to all 11 defenders on one infamous punt return in Iowa--a couple of them twice! :)

I agree. Amazing change of direction, and very unpredictable.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:

Nope. One JLM.

Sulser will be a great player, but they’re hardly similar other than being fast. He is the poster boy for one cut, hit the seam and go like hell up the field. He runs incredibly precise pass patterns for a HS kid - a huge advantage to his game coming in because he may not be the fastest guy on the field every week in college like he was in HS.

JLM is a water bug, ankle-breaker that changes direction was smoothly as anyone you’ll see. Great vision, a little undisciplined & always electric. His running style is frenetic until he doesn’t see another color jersey in his way.

Both are waiting to fill highlight reels & they may wind up playing in the same spots @ times, but they aren’t the same guy. No jet cooling needed.

McGee is Idaho State track meet, junior year.

"Idaho State track: Jerry Louie-McGee helps rally Timberwolves to 2nd"

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/may/18/idaho-state-track-jerry-louie-mcgee-helps-rally/

See that his PBs are 11:07 and 22.27, both as junior.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:

Nope. One JLM.

Sulser will be a great player, but they’re hardly similar other than being fast. He is the poster boy for one cut, hit the seam and go like hell up the field. He runs incredibly precise pass patterns for a HS kid - a huge advantage to his game coming in because he may not be the fastest guy on the field every week in college like he was in HS.

JLM is a water bug, ankle-breaker that changes direction was smoothly as anyone you’ll see. Great vision, a little undisciplined & always electric. His running style is frenetic until he doesn’t see another color jersey in his way.

Both are waiting to fill highlight reels & they may wind up playing in the same spots @ times, but they aren’t the same guy. No jet cooling needed.

You need to come to practices, so you can see Sulser's multiple cuts after he catches the ball. No tackling yt, but he still looks impressive.

PlayerRep said:
McGee is Idaho State track meet, junior year.

"Idaho State track: Jerry Louie-McGee helps rally Timberwolves to 2nd"

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/may/18/idaho-state-track-jerry-louie-mcgee-helps-rally/

See that his PBs are 11:07 and 22.27, both as junior.

Sulser's best 100 his senior year was 11.21. PB was 11.0 as a sophomore. Best 200 was 22.40, as a sophomore. May not have run it the past years. I believe JLM has a fast 40 time. Based on these track numbers and what I have heard of JLM's speed from other players, I'm not so sure that Sulser is faster, or much faster, than JLM.

Back