• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

Sport

Transfer portal?
Injured?
Unhappy with playing time?
Not ready for prime time?

If Lucas J is out with concussion protocol who’s the starter for next week in Ogden?

Kris Brown.

According to HHB, the coaches “don’t trust” Britt….whatever that means.

He's there. He is the third best QB as the coaches rank them, so first they play Johnson, but if Johnson can't play then Brown plays and if Brown also can't play then Britt plays.

Lots of credit to Brown. He has done a decent job. I’m ready for the Britt show. Let’s see what he can do. He looked awesome earlier this season. He was scout team player of the year last season and drove the ball on our defense plenty. Give him a quarter. See what happens!

The question is whether Britt can possibly do worse then Brown and the obvious answer is yes. Brown is not the worse QB to ever set foot on the field but it is clear, at least to me, that he is not the guy who is going to take this team to an NC. I sure wish he was. He’s got the size but right now he is not showing much more. Why not invest in Britt? Doesn’t seem the team has a lot to lose.

Grisly Fan said:
The question is whether Britt can possibly do worse then Brown and the obvious answer is yes. Brown is not the worse QB to ever set foot on the field but it is clear, at least to me, that he is not the guy who is going to take this team to an NC. I sure wish he was. He’s got the size but right now he is not showing much more. Why not invest in Britt? Doesn’t seem the team has a lot to lose.

Brown did pretty well, especially as the game went on.

mthoopsfan said:
Grisly Fan said:

Like I said, he is not terrible and in fact pretty good at times but you can tell the difference between him and someone who can and will put the team in their back and get it done.

mthoopsfan said:
Grisly Fan said:

Like in the OT?

AZGrizFan said:
I predict that Britt isn’t a Griz after Spring ball.
Unfortunately, probably true. We'll likely see another transfer, they don't trust Brown to be a #1. Who knows what we have in Abbott and Huot....

AZGrizFan said:
I predict that Britt isn’t a Griz after Spring ball.

3836878.jpg

I don't get why they don't let him have a chance, similar to what they did with Patterson last year. Brown simply can't get it done. When they did let Britt have a chance early in the season they handcuffed him as well. He self admittedly made a bad throw due to a misread of a LB. The coaches immediately told him NOT to throw the f--king ball again. So the rest of the game he spent running the ball rather than throwing. So they let Brown pass as much as he wants and not let Britt? He's a good QB with still a lot of confidence. They need to let him play. Somebody needs to get some experience for when LJ goes down again or especially, for next season.

And you would certainly think the transfer from Oregon would be decent. If he isn't as good as Brown then might be time to clean out that room at the end of the season. Or spend some time working with them somehow. It's clear we need to have some backup QBs.

YttriumGriz39 said:
He's there. He is the third best QB as the coaches rank them, so first they play Johnson, but if Johnson can't play then Brown plays and if Brown also can't play then Britt plays.

Do they continue ranking them as the season goes on or is Britt just stuck at #3?

Ursus1 said:
Probably filling out his transfer portal paperwork, and sadly I wouldn't blame him.

I made this post on the other side, but it’s appropriate here as well…

It astounds me that of ALL the HS QB’s brought in by Hauck, BROWN is the only one to ever get meaningful playing time….he makes Brady Gustafson look like Tom Brady. I just have a really hard time believing that he’s better than any other HS QB that Hauck has ever had in a Griz uniform in the past 5 years.

But, the more telling stat is this:

2018: Sneed
2019: Sneed
2020: Humphrey
2021: Humphrey
2022: Johnson
2023: ???

Why would ANY HS QB ever want to come here? Five years of QB’s and (much like the O-line) not a single starter developed from a HS recruit. Just a revolving door of transfers coming and going. And Hauck either converts EVERY Montana HS QB he recruits to another position or recruits them for another position (Graves, Rostad, Ryder Myer, Tanner Wilson, Bergen, etc., etc), except for some inexplainable reason….Kris Brown. What’s the over/under until Huot’s position change is announced?

Honestly, it’s a very strange development, but one I’m sure every HS QB sees. And with Britt, Huot, Brown and Abbott ALL in the QB room, if Brown truly is the best option of those four then I agree with another poster….clean that room out and take a hard look in the mirror at your recruiting style/tendencies/habits.

AllWeatherFan said:
YttriumGriz39 said:

Do they continue ranking them as the season goes on or is Britt just stuck at #3?

I would assume the assessment occurs throughout the year.

Back