• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam Krystkowiak to Iona

mthoopsfan

"On Friday, Iona added Dartmouth grad transfer Cam Krystkowiak, the son of former Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak."

Was a captain at Dartmouth. Only played 2 seasons due to a frosh year injury and covid (when Ivies didn't play at all that year). Ivies don't allow grad students to play. Graduates next month. Great kid.

Shot 50% and 42% from 3. 22-52 from 3. 56 and 47 the prior year. I think he scored 20 against Cal 1.5 years ago. 6'9", 210.

Iona was 27-8 last season. No. 13 seed in tourney. Got clobbered by Connecticut in first round. Lost to Florida the prior year in first round. MAC conference.

Located north of NYC in the north suburbs.

rgrizfan said:
Was hoping the Griz would have made a big push to get him.
There doesn't appear to be a bridge between the Krystkowiak's and UM.

That has been my observation since Larry was at UU. I'm not sure why or when it might have happened, but that is how it appears on the surface.

I agree with oldrunner regarding LK. It just seems when he left he didn’t look back and has had minimal contact with the U.
I think the athletic dept reached out to him for the new bubble but not sure if he contributed. He’s a hard person to get to know. But maybe if you’re in his circle he’s more friendly?
Anyway he’s been very successful especially coming from a troubled home life.

Back