• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

HookedonGriz

DONOR
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-rbs-coach-sam-mix-cited-for-violations-on-night-of-taylor-housewrights-alleged/article_b0a7719e-f36e-11ed-a3de-bbc7a7036524.html?fbclid=IwAR26yrpSBjXm2gDjDoPbHugJj1R5GvbF8soU-feax23Vs6hcUSQglMz-l1I

So Housewright crashes a university car and flees the scene. He calls the RB coach to come help him. The RB coach jumps into the crashed vehicle and drives it away before it can be towed away. Housewright jumps into RB coaches vehicle and continues to drive intoxicated. Both get pulled over, caught, try to lie about all of it, before they are completely busted.

And not to be outdone by Garza and his 4th pending DUI, this RB coach already had a suspended license from Washington. Holy. Shit. Balls.

How are these ass hats employed still.

Lack of institutional control fostered by a toxic culture from Cruzado and Costello. They knowingly approved the hires of a guy with multiple DUI’s and multiple NCAA violations, and a guy with a suspended license in another state. Is nobody doing background checks on these guys when they get hired? Win at all costs mentality!

What gets me is that their DC was let go for DUI at his last two jobs. He was't worth the trouble. MSU for some reason gave him a third chance that no one else was willing to do, he gets another DUI (no surprise) and they let him keep coaching and recruiting after his third strike. Pretty amazing. Wonder if action from higher up will be taken if they keep mishandling things.

Alaska Griz said:
What gets me is that their DC was let go for DUI at his last two jobs. He was't worth the trouble. MSU for some reason gave him a third chance that no one else was willing to do, he gets another DUI (no surprise) and they let him keep coaching and recruiting after his third strike. Pretty amazing. Wonder if action from higher up will be taken if they keep mishandling things.

And I would argue is the exact reason these other coaches feel like they can go out and party and get in trouble with no consequences.

They are clearly trying to get more bang for their buck out of Montoya’s group rate. She’s representing the whole dam kit and caboodle.

What a 💩 show.

As awful as this looks, I don't expect anything to happen because the MSU leadership doesn't care about this sort of stuff so long as the university keeps "winning".

Coach sixx is officially on the hot seat for losing control and condoning this crap.

He hired two coaches with priors, and guess what, both came back to haunt him.

And the third coach, holy hell, it’s a trifecta.

uofmman1122 said:
As awful as this looks, I don't expect anything to happen because the MSU leadership doesn't care about this sort of stuff so long as the university keeps "winning".

What's it going to take to make them care - one of the coaches killing someone while driving drunk?

Griz til I die said:
Lack of institutional control fostered by a toxic culture from Cruzado and Costello. They knowingly approved the hires of a guy with multiple DUI’s and multiple NCAA violations, and a guy with a suspended license in another state. Is nobody doing background checks on these guys when they get hired? Win at all costs mentality!

Ah but Princess Waded has the BOR wrapped around her little finger because she brings in the bucks and enrollment. It is time for the BOR to see the light and quit selling themselves out for enrollment and the almighty dollar. She is nothing more than a used car salesperson.
As far as the athletic department goes, Engstrom them. Fire the AD, HC, DC, OC and RB Coach effective immediately.

Da Boyz Mom said:
uofmman1122 said:

What's it going to take to make them care - one of the coaches killing someone while driving drunk?
I would desperately hope not, but they gave Garza a slap on the wrist and I’m sure are looking for any and all ways they can wriggle out of this one, too.

This trainwreck saga has the makings of a great joke: 3 cat coaches head out on a recruiting trip...who's driving the car?

The cop....

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Griz til I die said:

Ah but Princess Waded has the BOR wrapped around her little finger because she brings in the bucks and enrollment. It is time for the BOR to see the light and quit selling themselves out for enrollment and the almighty dollar. She is nothing more than a used car salesperson.
As far as the athletic department goes, Engstrom them. Fire the AD, HC, DC, OC and RB Coach effective immediately.

The BOR has an MSU majority along with the current Governor who donated $60 million to get his name on a building, Waded has nothing to worry about.
Just win Baby :thumb:

HookedonGriz said:
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-rbs-coach-sam-mix-cited-for-violations-on-night-of-taylor-housewrights-alleged/article_b0a7719e-f36e-11ed-a3de-bbc7a7036524.html?fbclid=IwAR26yrpSBjXm2gDjDoPbHugJj1R5GvbF8soU-feax23Vs6hcUSQglMz-l1I

Well, that revelation was basically inevitable. I didn’t foresee the other coach rolling on a suspended license, though. But, keep it calm, guys. These are just dudes making “mistakes”. Nothing to see. In the leadership the fan base trusts. Knowing Bozeman State, all three will be coaching in the home opener to great fanfare.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Griz til I die said:

If only you knew the entire story of all the things going on inside the msu athletic department. The place is a shit show recently

Isn't it about time to have a Montana driver's license? It looks like he's been out of school and living in MT since 2019.

"His driver's license, also from Washington state, expires on Jan. 4, 2024, per the documents. Mix is from Sammamish, Washington.

Mix spent the previous two seasons as an offensive analyst and recruiting and operations assistant for the Bobcats.

Before coming to Bozeman, Mix was the wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator at Montana State-Northern from 2019-21."

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Well, that revelation was basically inevitable. I didn’t foresee the other coach rolling on a suspended license, though. But, keep it calm, guys. These are just dudes making “mistakes”. Nothing to see. In the leadership the fan base trusts. Knowing Bozeman State, all three will be coaching in the home opener to great fanfare.

They should be doing their community service about then, is my view.

Goooooood griiiiiiief. If this doesn’t cost the head coach and the AD his job you know all you need to know about what msu cares about.

Back