• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toure

Griz Addict

DONOR
Sounds like he has a pretty good chance of becoming WR 3!!
Lots of articles out there about it. Stoked to see his roles expanded!
https://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-packers-wide-receiver-samori-toure-turning-heads/

Green Bays WR coach-

“If you guys would see Samori right now, you wouldn’t even recognize the guy from last year with this growth,” said Vrable. “He’s probably, of everybody, the one that everyone around the building is like ’83 looks unbelievable right now.’ He’s put on 8-10 pounds, he’s worked his butt off, and he’s grown into his own, so you feel comfortable in your own skin. Then you play fast, and you play with confidence, and that’s all you really want.”

”In the end, if your process is right, and you love ball, and you outwork everybody in the building, you end up rising to the top,” said Vrable. “It happens over and over with guys as long as they have enough skill set. I love this room and how it’s been.”

Obviously with the house cleaning he’s really got a great chance but he’s still gotta beat out the new rooks.

Griz Malik Flowers has a chance to make an NFL roster, Gabe Sulser does not. That's a transfer story that deserves telling. You can be an FCS player. Stick with your school and still get your chance.

griz4life said:
Griz Malik Flowers has a chance to make an NFL roster, Gabe Sulser does not. That's a transfer story that deserves telling. You can be an FCS player. Stick with your school and still get your chance.
I agree with your premise, and no offense to Gabe intended here, but I don't think he was ever getting a shot at the NFL, even if he had stuck around.

griz4life said:

There was a lot of back story to Gabe leaving. I don't think any of it was the opportunity to play in NFL. He's really a good kid.

UncleRico said:
griz4life said:

There was a lot of back story to Gabe leaving. I don't think any of it was the opportunity to play in NFL. He's really a good kid.

I agree with that. Gabe is a really good kid and great player. The back story of anyone leaving the Griz football team is important. We have had some very talented players leave for reasons we might not fully know or understand, but a few of them could be categorized as great past Griz players. Samouri Toure, Gabe Sulser, and Marcus Knight all come to mind as really good guys and outstanding players that left on good notes for reasons that only a solid understanding of their backstory may help us understand. I root for all of them.

Kobezoey said:
UncleRico said:

I agree with that. Gabe is a really good kid and great player. The back story of anyone leaving the Griz football team is important. We have had some very talented players leave for reasons we might not fully know or understand, but a few of them could be categorized as great past Griz players. Samouri Toure, Gabe Sulser, and Marcus Knight all come to mind as really good guys and outstanding players that left on good notes for reasons that only a solid understanding of their backstory may help us understand. I root for all of them.

They’re traitors and should be ostracized by Griz nation from here to eternity! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Or...

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/in-the-presence-of-a-priest-american-army-troops-in-news-footage/1090986352?adppopup=true

...just kidding. :lol:

Great article on Toure and his big progress.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/former-griz-wr-samori-toure-turning-heads-in-green-bay-during-transformative-offseason/article_691ba62d-2668-5597-95d0-687b4e200b87.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

griz4life said:

The fact that you even made this comparison shows how little you know about college football and the NFL.

Looks like projections have him locked in at WR3.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/packers-53-man-roster-projection-after-beating-bengals/ar-AA1fciSJ

Griz Addict said:
Sounds like he has a pretty good chance of becoming WR 3!!
Lots of articles out there about it. Stoked to see his roles expanded!
https://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-packers-wide-receiver-samori-toure-turning-heads/

Damn you. Couldn't have you titled this better. Many thought he got injured or in trouble. TOO many egrizzers are soft and can't handle titles like this.

Back