• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Blackout Game?

RainierGriz

I see the Ferris St. game is being promoted as a blackout game. Assuming that will be our night game? Glad to have it back in September instead of November. I know we’ve done a white out, maroon out and a granite game; but never a blackout right?

uofmman1122 said:
If the first ever all-black unis we ever do are under Bobby Hauck, I will eat my hat. :lol:

I’m thinking players will go all maroon, but fans are asked to wear black to add to the night game ambiance. Just don’t see the department going with all blacks but could be wrong!

Riley teased on the latest Inside the Den podcast that the Griz vs. Sac State game on November 4 is going to be a night game. One of the clauses in the new Scripps deal is that they get to televise one Griz conference game in primetime, but UM gets to pick which one. Meanwhile, SWX gets the non-conference games and since the cats and Griz are both home on September 2 and 16, the cats will obviously do Gold Rush on the 2nd, meaning we'll have a day game, and then they'll do the inverse on the 16th and the cats will play a day game and we'll play at night. So expect 2 home night games this year!

Bertram said:
All black with subtle copper logos could look awesome

Copper with thin silver outline on the numbers and names and a copper stripe with a silver outline running down the legs. Silver helmets and a copper griz on it.

SoldierGriz said:
Can someone post a picture of the stupid black unis they wore once before?

Terrible.
I honestly blocked those out of my mind and forgot they were actually the first all-black uniforms we wore. :lol:

No, I will not post them.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Can someone post a picture of the stupid black unis they wore once before?

Terrible.
I honestly blocked those out of my mind and forgot they were actually the first all-black uniforms we wore. :lol:

:lol: hope someone does for the younger posters here...

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

:lol: hope someone does for the younger posters here...
Fine, I'll do it. :lol:

44692040001_5701697597001_5701678633001-vs.jpg

Since we went with the old colors last time we went with black, maybe they'll do the traditional colors this year. Black with maroon numbers and lettering with silver accents would be Sic👍

KILO217 said:
Since we went with the old colors last time we went with black, maybe they'll do the traditional colors this year. Black with maroon numbers and lettering with silver accents would be Sic👍

Mississippi state had a rendition of that a few years back and I thought I worked well.

Mississippi_3562.jpg

Back