• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana @ Idaho ESPN 2

RainierGriz

Another ESPN 2 game. We’ve had a tough go of the nationally televised road games lately, so a good opportunity to break that trend. Will need Griz fans to plan the trip early and invade the dome.

Whoever is at ESPN clearly hates us.

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Let me guess, Bozeman got a home game again?

uofmman1122 said:
Whoever is at ESPN clearly hates us.

This is getting fudge ridiculous.

Let me guess, Bozeman got a home game again?

We gotta be able to handle games like this. Would be sweet to have a home espn 2 game but if we get the stein back on national tv… that’d be most excellent. Bozeman is @ sac state.

October 14 Montana @ Idaho 8:30 PM MT ESPN2
October 21 Montana State @ Sacramento State 8:30 PM MT ESPN2

Kind of figured this was the game they were gonna pick for the Griz. They can't do cat-Griz cause Scripps gets the rights to that one as part of the deal, and they weren't gonna pick a re-match of Griz vs. Sac State. That means the other 2 home games are ISU and UNC and they're not gonna stain people's eyes with either of those teams lol. It's unfortunate that we haven't had a home game yet, but we haven't exactly had the best luck with better home matchups lately so I understand. And this is a big game. It's a rivalry game and will very likely be a top 10 matchup. Griz fans have a big opportunity here to make their way down to the dome for this one and put their best foot forward. I think I'll be buying tickets to this one as soon as they go on sale.

Griz til I die said:
October 21 Montana State @ Sacramento State 8:80 PM MT ESPN2

Kind of figured this was the game they were gonna pick for the Griz. They can't do cat-Griz cause Scripps gets the rights to that one as part of the deal, and they weren't gonna pick a re-match of Griz vs. Sac State. That means the other 2 home games are ISU and UNC and they're not gonna stain people's eyes with either of those teams lol. It's unfortunate that we haven't had a home game yet, but we haven't exactly had the best luck with better home matchups lately so I understand. And this is a big game. It's a rivalry game and will very likely be a top 10 matchup. Griz fans have a big opportunity here to make their way down to the dome for this one and put their best foot forward. I think I'll be buying tickets to this one as soon as they go on sale.
Fair, and probably an overreaction, but 3 years in a row of getting a nationally televised game and not getting to show off the best stadium in FCS is a kick in the nuts (especially after the Game Day fiasco the last two years).

uofmman1122 said:
Griz til I die said:
October 21 Montana State @ Sacramento State 8:80 PM MT ESPN2

Fair, and probably an overreaction, but 3 years in a row of getting a nationally televised game and not getting to show off the best stadium in FCS is a kick in the nuts (especially after the Game Day fiasco the last two years).

I would say that ESPN's advisory board consists of Craig Haley, Craig Haley and Craig Haley.

What's the point of getting a game on a national channel if no one's awake to watch it? Our game will air at 9:30 p.m. Central and 10:30 p.m. Eastern. I would rather have ESPN+ in the afternoon.

Griz2k said:
Can the Kibbie Dome accommodate 17 cameras?

The Kibbie Dome is a dump. No matter how much lipstick they put on that pig, it's still a pig. And perhaps your (very relevant) question is better directed at the BSC commissioner. ASAP.

https://utahtechtrailblazers.com/sports/football/schedule
Also, according to Utah Tech's website, our game on September 9 @ Utah Tech is a 7pm kickoff. 2 Night road games and potentially 2 night home games. Bobby will be thrilled about that lol

krammer said:
Griz2k said:

That made me laugh out loud !!!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Certainly isn’t big enough for the commissioners ego or attitude. Can they open the barn doors on that place to allow for his grand entrance. 🙄

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

The Kibbie Dome is a dump. No matter how much lipstick they put on that pig, it's still a pig. And perhaps your (very relevant) question is better directed at the BSC commissioner. ASAP.

This may be blasphemous, but I actually like the “new and improved” Kibbie Dome. Was there two years ago right behind the Griz bench and I thought it was a pretty good facility. Hadn’t been there since the early 90’s.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

You know, maybe this was hashed, but to rehash, the very fact that he said they don’t have 17 camera angles was an admission that it was a fucked call. I’m over it, promise.

Da Boyz Mom said:
What's the point of getting a game on a national channel if no one's awake to watch it? Our game will air at 9:30 p.m. Central and 10:30 p.m. Eastern. I would rather have ESPN+ in the afternoon.

Pretty sure the game is 8:30 mountain, 7:30 pacific

#15 Fan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Pretty sure the game is 8:30 mountain, 7:30 pacific

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. 7:30 Pacific/8:30 Mountain is 9:30 Central Time and 10:30 Eastern. My point is that not everyone lives in Pacific or Mountain Time zones. Those of us who live further east will have to stay up very late to watch, which doesn't make me happy.

Back