• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hero Sports Pre-season Top 25

I get why people are voting us at 16, but I'm sorry, with everything Weber and Sac State lost this offseason, I just don't think you can rank them higher then the Griz. They both have new head coaches, QB's, RB's and WR's. Not to mention they both lost significant pieces on Defense, and they have way tougher schedules then we do. Weber plays @ UNI, @ Utah, vs. cats, vs. UC Davis, vs. Idaho. Sac State's is even more brutal playing @ Stanford, @ Idaho, vs. cats, @ Griz, @ UC Davis. I just can't justify putting us below either of these guys.

6 Big Sky teams in top 18.

Pick any prior year and slot the conference teams into this year’s FCS teams. Any year in which conference would have 6 in top 18? I’m showing that conference was never as good and deep as recent couple years. I’d like to see what prior year would have been as good and as deep.

mthoopsfan said:

Pick any prior year and slot the conference teams into this year’s FCS teams. Any year in which conference would have 6 in top 18? I’m showing that conference was never as good and deep as recent couple years. I’d like to see what prior year would have been as good and as deep.

Then add in the FCS teams that have moved up...

I do agree the BSC is improved overall, but so has the FCS landscape...

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Then add in the FCS teams that have moved up...

I do agree the BSC is improved overall, but so has the FCS landscape...

Anyone can assume what they want. Just tell us when the Big Sky conference was stronger and deeper. This comment is not directed at you.

Cats haven't played Sac St since 2019.

Cat's 6 home opponents next fall had 20-45 overall record in 2022, while the 5 road opponents went 51-15.

mthoopsfan said:

Cat's 6 home opponents next fall had 20-45 overall record in 2022, while the 5 road opponents went 51-15.

going into Griz scat week we should be 10-0 and no worse than 9-1. Scats no better than 9-1 most likely 8-2, possibly 7-3. should be a great game.

retiredpopo said:
mthoopsfan said:

going into Griz scat week we should be 10-0 and no worse than 9-1. Scats no better than 9-1 most likely 8-2, possibly 7-3. should be a great game.

No way in hell griz are 10-0. Most likely both teams will be 8-2... with 9-1 possibilities for both.

Griz til I die said:
I get why people are voting us at 16, but I'm sorry, with everything Weber and Sac State lost this offseason, I just don't think you can rank them higher then the Griz. They both have new head coaches, QB's, RB's and WR's. Not to mention they both lost significant pieces on Defense, and they have way tougher schedules then we do. Weber plays @ UNI, @ Utah, vs. cats, vs. UC Davis, vs. Idaho. Sac State's is even more brutal playing @ Stanford, @ Idaho, vs. cats, @ Griz, @ UC Davis. I just can't justify putting us below either of these guys.

It will all shake out in the end - that is why it is called pre-season! :p

griz4life said:
That's a very generous preseason ranking for a team that finished sixth in any conference.

Why? This team finished 14th in the polls, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game.

mthoopsfan said:
griz4life said:
That's a very generous preseason ranking for a team that finished sixth in any conference.

Why? This team finished 14th in the polls, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game.

This team did none of those things.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
This team did none of those things.

The team that finished 6th in the conference did all those things.

It's a preseason poll of current teams for the upcoming season. It has nothing to do with last year's train wreck. Stay focused.

Open wide - I will continue to spoon feed you accurate D1 football information in doses you can absorb.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
The team that finished 6th in the conference did all those things.

It's a preseason poll of current teams for the upcoming season. It has nothing to do with last year's train wreck. Stay focused.

Open wide - I will continue to spoon feed you accurate D1 football information in doses you can absorb.

Learn to read. I was responding to Griz4Life's comment about the team that finished 6th in the conference. I said nothing about the pre-season poll.

My God, are you so obsessed with my comments, that you have to make comments like this?

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Learn to read. I was responding to Griz4Life's comment about the team that finished 6th in the conference. I said nothing about the pre-season poll.

My God, are you so obsessed with my comments, that you have to make comments like this?

No, I am not obsessed with your comments. I am obsessed with correcting them. I wish I didn't have to do so. Please post better using facts and reason. Or, DM me and we can set up another mentoring session.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

No, I am not obsessed with your comments. I am obsessed with correcting them. I wish I didn't have to do so. Please post better using facts and reason. Or, DM me and we can set up another mentoring session.

Griz placed at 16 in preseason poll. Correct
Griz finished 14 in poll last year. Correct

If you can understand the difference noted above, it puts Hoops' comments in perfect perspective. If you can't, why make an indiscriminately stupid response, and then double down on stupidity when corrected.

I've had my share of scraps with Hoops, but your consistently fact twisted and inane responses to his posts make me wonder when you suffered your head injury?

poorgriz said:
retiredpopo said:

No way in hell griz are 10-0. Most likely both teams will be 8-2... with 9-1 possibilities for both.

Does the staff drink more after wins or losses? Asking for anyone who needs to be on any road in Montana.

horribilisfan8184 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Griz placed at 16 in preseason poll. Correct
Griz finished 14 in poll last year. Correct

If you can understand the difference noted above, it puts Hoops' comments in perfect perspective. If you can't, why make an indiscriminately stupid response, and then double down on stupidity when corrected.

I've had my share of scraps with Hoops, but your consistently fact twisted and inane responses to his posts make me wonder when you suffered your head injury?

Easy big fella...his comments are never in perspective.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Does the staff drink more after wins or losses? Asking for anyone who needs to be on any road in Montana.
I would definitely not want to be on Main in Bozeman after an MSU win.

Back